Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:21   #28861
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Both accidents happened in Tamilnadu
In the first case, the bus seems to be at fault. The driver would have surely been able to see the motorcycle and should have stopped or at least slowed down before taking that right. It was lucky for the motorcyclist to have escaped without going under the wheels of the bus. It does not appear that the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet.

In the second, the lady is at fault. Apart from a glance, she didn't seem to realise that there is a bus coming along. She just continued to turn. Absence of a helmet may have caused severe head injuries as well.
swissknife is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:49   #28862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
In the first case, the bus seems to be at fault. ...
In the second, the lady is at fault.
Not debating this assessment, but those buses have no business ripping at speeds that can only be defined as insane, especially around intersections. Doesn't look like that poor lady could have survived that impact. And some people in the bus were sure to have been injured as well. Completely avoidable if the bus driver was maintaining a speed that allowed him to brake safely in time.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 13:23   #28863
Distinguished - BHPian

A screenshot from my rear dashcam.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190703103502.jpg

This accident had happened on upslope of a flyover. Looking at the damage to the truck with its engine lying on road, I don't know how it happened. The truck was loaded and it seems it has hit one of its buddies (same type of consignment).
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 13:35   #28864
BHPian

Quote:
It was lucky for the motorcyclist to have escaped without going under the wheels of the bus. It does not appear that the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet.
Hate to ask to do this, but if you watch the video closely, the person visible on the road after the accident is actually the pillion. The driver seems to have gone under the bus. This is also apparent from the reaction of the bus passengers, who seem to be more concerned about something in front of the bus than the person lying on the road. Screenshots can make it clear, but I'm not comfortable doing that.

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 3rd July 2019 at 13:35. Reason: Spacing, quote
Old 3rd July 2019, 13:43   #28865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Hate to ask to do this, but if you watch the video closely, the person visible on the road after the accident is actually the pillion. The driver seems to have gone under the bus. This is also apparent from the reaction of the bus passengers, who seem to be more concerned about something in front of the bus than the person lying on the road. Screenshots can make it clear, but I'm not comfortable doing that.
I did watch it a few times before and after your question. I couldn't make out a second person on the bike. I tried my best to look out for the second person. Probably its because I use my mobile phone. I thought the people running to the other side was to check on the bike, along with the person who went there as well. I may be wrong as well.
Old 3rd July 2019, 14:16   #28866
BHPian

Do you guys think watching accident videos can make one a better driver? I am a bit torn on this because I feel that it can in some ways . . . show one how things can pan out. On the other hand, there are some situations where it's just not your fault and no matter what you do, you can't avoid an accident.

Anyway, I think the biggest take away is that speed thrills and kills.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:12   #28867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
The two bikers are not only alive, they were seen damaging the bus, breaking its glasses while the police did nothing to stop them. The videos of them going on a rampage and damaging the bus was doing the rounds on whatsapp.
This is like, hey, I hurt my fist hitting you: I'm going to beat you up for that!

Don't they have brains? Obviously not.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 00:49   #28868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but if you watch the video closely, the person visible on the road after the accident is actually the pillion.
Quote:
I couldn't make out a second person on the bike. I tried my best to look out for the second person.
There is a second person. The person seen in the video as falling from the bike is a saree cladded lady, so it is obvious that there was another person riding the bike and they all are running to check on him. Hope he is fine.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 04:34   #28869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the rider seems to have rolled along with the motorcycle, right under the bus. Initial frames show that the rider wearing dull colored clothes, the pillion lady in the bright saree is the one seen rolling down and hitting the front wheel of the bus.
Old 4th July 2019, 11:01   #28870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Do you guys think watching accident videos can make one a better driver? I am a bit torn on this because I feel that it can in some ways . . . show one how things can pan out.
I think these incidents do tone down sensible drivers and watch out for modern day morons who are evolving everyday in different form.
These experiences of others surely teach us several things although at time unpleasant to see or read.
Jidousha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 11:19   #28871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Not exactly an accident, but in the Malad subway in Mumbai two occupants of a Mahindra Scorpio get trapped and die as flooding rain water enters the engine bay, immobilises the electronic door and power window mechanism and the result is a tragedy.

But ideal solutions are easier said than done. They must have been panicked and at such times presence of mind or common sense seldom come alive
Very tragic indeed, the other thought which comes to my mind is the effect of Carbon Dioxide. Most people who live in areas where frequent water logging takes place know that the water subsides after a while and they wait it out and do not resort to breaking windows.

Two people panicking inside the car would have caused a great deal of mayhem, especially in the area where this took place - extremely busy - and actually would have been to their benefit.

I could be wrong but I seriously feel, this is more to do with CO2, just waiting out inside the blocked car, they started inhaling CO2.

Being both odorless and colorless, one cannot really tell the difference apart from feeling a bit stuffy, this goes on increasing and without any immediate discomfort actually makes one dizzy, groggy and puts them to sleep, leading to more or less a death in their sleep. One of the effects of extensive CO2 inhalation is Impaired Consciousness.

This is another reason, why one must not sleep inside cars with all windows shut - you might never wake up.
Trojan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 12:15   #28872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Very tragic indeed, the other thought which comes to my mind is the effect of Carbon Dioxide.

I could be wrong but I seriously feel, this is more to do with CO2, just waiting out inside the blocked car, they started inhaling CO2.

I guess you meant Carbon Monoxide (CO).
KL01toKA03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 13:20   #28873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Do you guys think watching accident videos can make one a better driver?
Yes, I think so. A daily 5-minute dose of accident videos for a week will make a better driver & passengers. A simple A-B testing by a researcher will confirm or discard this hypothesis.
Quote:
Anyway, I think the biggest take away is that speed thrills and kills.
Do not agree on this. Most of the folks who are in photos & videos in this thread are going about their daily chores and not looking for a thrill.
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 13:38   #28874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
https://english.manoramaonline.com/n...in-kollam.html

Extremely fortunate not to have any fatalities considering the fire that completely destroyed the two heavy vehicles.

Sadly the KeSRTC driver passed away after being in hospital with 40% burns. Apparently he got stuck in his seat and had the poise to open hydraulic doors that enabled passengers to escape the fire. He was eventually rescued with burns and sent to hospital where he battled for his life. Had a heart attack a few days ago after which his condition gradually worsened and passed away.

Last edited by ask_017 : 4th July 2019 at 13:39.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 16:38   #28875
BHPian

A NRI lost his life while driving an ATV in a resort in the out skirts of Hyderabad yesterday.
Based on the video, it was an accident and clearly there was no dog involved as mentioned in the news article.

News article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/70055932.cms

Last edited by Hickstead : 4th July 2019 at 16:44.
Hickstead is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks