Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 13:15   #2911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Saw this on the way back from the Airport.
Quite an impact that must've been for the Volvo. Now, talking about all those rashly driven B7Rs in the city, this one seems to be one major looking casualty(in terms of damage) for the BIAS routes.

Am sure driving on the stretch from Hebbal - Airport and back by now would've given you enough evidences as to how the drivers of these buses overspeed and cut lanes. I think, this is a lesson for many of them belonging to "that" lot.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:17   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

Mrinal, I was looking at the estimate, whats the R/RF column?

There are certain things like the "Panel Headlamp Support" which are being replaced but they also have costs involved for denting (what gives?). If a panel is new there shouldn't be any cost involved for denting/repairing it.
R/RF = Remove/ Refit.

These parts have to be welded back to the chassis so the cost is for CO not for denting the.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:18   #2913
Team-BHP Support

2 techies killed in accident | Deccan Chronicle

Quote:
Hyderabad
July 26: Two techies who were triple-riding on the wrong side of the road died when a car hit their bike at high speed on the Panjagutta flyover late on Saturday night.
B. Suresh, 26, a software engineer, Mohammed Sameer, 27, also a techie, were killed when a car heading from Begumpet to Mehdipatnam hit their bike. Suresh flew off the flyover, fell on the road below and died. Sameer died on way to hospital.
Their friend, Anantaswamy, a realtor, is recovering, police said. “The car driver drove away from the scene,” said the sub-inspector, Mr Srinivas Reddy.

The Hindu : Front Page : Two techies killed in ghastly accident

Quote:
Case booked
Suresh was a native of West Godavari district while Sameer belonged to Krishna district and was staying in a rented house at Mehdipatnam.

Punjagutta Sub-Inspector U. Srinivas Reddy said a case of rash and negligent driving was booked against the cab driver and efforts were on to trace him.
I wonder how many people would have been able to avoid crashing into them.

Last edited by bblost : 27th July 2009 at 13:21.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:43   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Seriously, have they registered a case against the third guy who survived?
Old 27th July 2009, 13:47   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Man that cab driver gonna be troubled like anything now!! If the bike was on wrong side, then its utterly non sense.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:47   #2916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Seriously, have they registered a case against the third guy who survived?
I doubt it. This is India, the bigger vehicle is always at fault.

I use this flyover quite a lot. Have seen bikes on the wrong side, a couple of times. Will they learn it. NO.

My post about another flyover in this wonderful city with some of the the dumbest drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A sumo decided to take a U-Turn today morning on top of the Masab Tank flyover.

Blocked an ambulance which then used the loud speaker to make sure he moved.
Ambulance got away.
But the Sumo was stuck at an awkward angle.

The sumo finally had to drop the idea for a U Turn and carry on straight.
Left a long pile up on the opposite side.

The next U Turn is about 1 km away.
The Sumo was trying to avoid that.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:51   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Punjagutta Sub-Inspector U. Srinivas Reddy said a case of rash and negligent driving was booked against the cab driver and efforts were on to trace him.

I wonder how many people would have been able to avoid crashing into them.
Exactly! I mean if the guys were on the wrong side then they were at fault. Tracing the car/cab who hit them is one thing, but booking a case for negligent driving ?
It is plain difficult to drive when you notice someone coming your way from the wrong side suddenly, and you never expect one.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:00   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Btw On my only trip ever to Hyderabad in 2005. I did find it amusing to see many people riding on wrong side & staring at you as if you are in wrong direction. Have things changed?
Old 27th July 2009, 14:56   #2919
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishbhat View Post
Yesterday night a guy [probably drunk] in Café Coffee shop on Bangalore Mysore highway
girishbhat,

Absolutely scary experience. Boy! Are you guys lucky to have escaped with your lives. I've always noticed some really erratic drivers on that stretch of highway and have always let them pass me fully knowing that they are drunk. I guess with the crack down and early closure of pubs in the city, people are heading out to drink on the highways and end up like this.
Old 28th July 2009, 08:32   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Quite an impact that must've been for the Volvo. Now, talking about all those rashly driven B7Rs in the city, this one seems to be one major looking casualty(in terms of damage) for the BIAS routes.

Am sure driving on the stretch from Hebbal - Airport and back by now would've given you enough evidences as to how the drivers of these buses overspeed and cut lanes. I think, this is a lesson for many of them belonging to "that" lot.
This has featured in today's BM. Seems the driver was sleepy and doing 120 kmph. 3 injured. An elderly couple who saw off their son to Muscat and the other being the driver himself, who apparantly is out of danger.

This stretch is a breeze at 5:30 AM, but there are some dangerous spots which rock the car like it were sailing on high sea waves.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:24   #2921
Senior - BHPian

The Times of India Chennai edition has a picture of a bus sitting pretty on the divider at Chamiers road.. ..

Looks like a bus ferrying employees of our company, and it happened in the heavy rain last night.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:31   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The Times of India Chennai edition has a picture of a bus sitting pretty on the divider at Chamiers road.. ..

Looks like a bus ferrying employees of our company, and it happened in the heavy rain last night.
PATH BREAKING: A private bus crashed into the median after the driver lost control on Chamiers Road in Nandanam on Monday night. There were no passengers in the bus - Source: Times of India, Chennai edition.

Is this TCS or CTS?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus.jpg  

Old 28th July 2009, 12:20   #2923
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, lets restrict this thread only for posting accident pics & related discussion. Thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 12:35   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Ver scary to see the pics and I wonder what speed the Scorpio driver must have been going at to have turned turtle.
60 or 70 would be my guess!
Old 28th July 2009, 12:46   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
If you are not pulled over, a fine challan is posted to your address with a shot of your vehicle's number plate with the date and time and the speed that you were driving at the time. A couple of my office cars have got such a ticket in the recent past.
Now thats really hi-tech, in Mumbai luckily no such issues. Infact my colleague once bullied a cop since he didnt have a receipt of him speeding. He showed him the ad agency card and said he'll go to the press and all.

Most Viewed