Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 15:38   #29986
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Nobody takes any notice of white stripes on a road. They may as well not be there.

I don't think I'll watch this video, so comments in general. Passing a stopped vehicle means people might walk out. Nobody thinks about that but everybody should.

I got a huge telling off as a child for not crossing a pedestrian crossing with proper care. And this was England where such things are respected and the law enforced. My protestation about crossings, my right of way, were totally rejected by dad. It was then that he taught me this rhyme...

he was right, dead right, as he toddled along,
But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

It's a child. The responsibility is with adults, drivers and others. But the kids had to learn those important lessons too
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 16:02   #29987
BHPian

Original Link

An accident occurred at a Kia dealer (Navi Mumbai dealership in Panvel) where a Seltos on the building's upper floor smashed through the window and ended up hitting another Seltos.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dffyzg1g2u341.jpg

Last edited by sharktale : 11th December 2019 at 16:04.
Old 12th December 2019, 07:02   #29988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Three riders on a bike being ridden erratically (apparently on the Faridabad flyover) ultimately crash into the divider. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
For all you know, it could be DashCam recording.
I have a couple of such videos with me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Doesn't look like dashcam to me. Camera pans towards right at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Of course it is the driver shooting the video.
You can easily see that camera angle swinging to right, where I don't see any "driver" sitting. Also dash cams are not that intelligent that they auto swivel.
It's certainly not a dashcam. It was being held quite steadily - so I wonder it is a phone that was on a windscreen mount or dashboard mount that he swivelled to the right at the crash.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:56   #29989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post

If you see the kid actually obeyed traffic rules by waiting for traffic to pass at a zebra crossing and looking around before crossing. If that rickshaw was not parked there the kid would have probably noticed the speeding car and not crossed.
Yeah very sad to see this. Poor kid - waited for all the vehicles to pass and then decides to cross the road at zebra crossing. Yes, he didn't see at his left thereby missing the car, but can't expect much from kids at this age.
Hope he is fine.
trave11er is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 19:38   #29990
BHPian

This thread has been quite useful to make many of us to be that "extra" alert and to look for in this crazy road conditions.
Everyday there are several posts and today we have reached 2000 pages on this thread.
Hopefully many more will find the usefulness of this thread and avoid accidents and save lives.
Habanero City is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 21:41   #29991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
...Everyday there are several posts and today we have reached 2000 pages on this thread.
Hopefully many more will find the usefulness of this thread and avoid accidents and save lives.
I think that many amongst us draw lessons from the thread. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it wasn't needed any more! But I see no sign of it declining.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 23:52   #29992
Senior - BHPian

Only in India! This overloaded vehicle (motortricycle) didn't stand a chance. Thankfully it does a wheelie and stops before it reaches a higher speed and 'crashes' with no vehicles around it.
Any comment?

This happened in Uttarkhand a few days ago.
BenjiRoss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 02:42   #29993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any comment?
Probably more painful than it looks.

I wonder if it was staged. But even if it was, it makes a valid point.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 05:55   #29994
BHPian

Quote:
Any comment?
If my memory is right, this video was in circulation a couple of years back. Doesn't take away the relevance though!
crdi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 08:15   #29995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Speeding car hits a kid at a Zebra crossing.
Is this news related to the same accident

“Sorry Sujith we are still not humans”

Quote:
12-year-old car accident victim abandoned en route to hospital in Kerala, dies
Sujith, a class seven student, was abandoned midway by the same driver who hit him.

On Thursday evening, 12-year-old Sujith, who just returned from school, went to buy some chocolates from a shop near his house in Nallappally in Palakkad district of Kerala. However, according to reports, while crossing the road, he was hit by a car. The locals in the area, who witnessed the accident, managed to stop the car from fleeing the scene. The locals insisted that the car, which had five passengers, including the driver, take the boy to a hospital.

Sujith’s neighbour Paraman reached the spot by then and agreed to accompany them to take Sujith to hospital. The class seven boy was taken to hospital even before anybody could alert the parents, who were at home at the time of the incident. On the way to the hospital, and after travelling one kilometre, the driver reportedly told Paraman that the vehicle’s tyre got punctured. The driver then allegedly asked him to get down with the injured boy.

According to Paraman, Sujith was bleeding badly when they were asked to get out of the vehicle. By the time Paraman managed to hail another vehicle to go to the hospital, Sujith succumbed to his injuries and died.

Link

Last edited by saisree : 14th December 2019 at 08:19.
Old 14th December 2019, 09:28   #29996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post

Link
I don't think the story belongs to that video. The video clearly shows the boy was taken in an auto which was stopped and the driver is going back to his car, probably to go in his car. And i do not see any body getting down from the car, so I think it was just the driver.

Probably a different accident.
Old 14th December 2019, 10:04   #29997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Certainly, not.

The previous video was uploaded on Wednesday and this news report is of a Thursday accident.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 10:09   #29998
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I don't think the story belongs to that video.

Probably a different accident.
Drivers with poor driving skills coupled with apathy are aplenty in this country and it's very saddening to see innocent lives being lost. And, I see no end to these type of accidents unless the people mature which is extremely unlikely.

So, when I'm out on the road (by walk, cycle or car), I try my best to transform myself as the 360 degree camera to avoid the surprises.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th December 2019 at 20:24. Reason: Fixed first sentence. Lack of apathy a desirable quality, you'd agree? :)
GladRagu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 10:33   #29999
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting thing to have shared for discussion here, but I must exhort you to exercise caution when it comes to "WhatsApp University" - especially wrt location and time frames, or any details/text accompanying media really.

I've seen this before, well over a year ago - cannot possibly be few days ago - unless you define 500+ as few. Which in turn makes one doubt the Uttarakhand part as well.

Simply cannot understand the pleasure people apparently get by recirculating old stuff with made up details.

Last edited by Mu009 : 14th December 2019 at 10:34. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 11:01   #30000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only in India! This overloaded vehicle (motortricycle) didn't stand a chance. Thankfully it does a wheelie and stops before it reaches a higher speed and 'crashes' with no vehicles around it.

Are your sure it is from Uttarakhand? The vehicle in question is found only in Gujarat as is locally called "Chakkda", some even call it "Phat Phati"
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dhramgadhra01.jpg
Used to see them daily when we used to live in GJ. The Chakkda has remained an integral part of life in small towns and villages of Gujarat. Its high ground clearance made it ideal for rural and bad roads. However it is very unsafe and has been involved in some very ghastly accidents.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 14th December 2019 at 11:05.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks