Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2020, 13:54   #31306
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

In the morning today (around 8:25 AM), while going to office, I noticed crowd from afar on the Mewala Maharajpur flyover on Mathura Road (NH-19/earlier NH-2), towards Delhi. When I came closer, I saw this accident. A Dzire had crashed into the cargo compartment of a mini truck. From what I saw airbags had deployed in Dzire and there was no one inside. This happened on the service road next to the upward ramp of flyover. Looking at the damage, it seems the Dzire was traveling at really high speed. Sorry for the quality of pictures as it was moving traffic.

Though I don't know exactly what happened but if I were to guess, the Dzire may have been traveling at high speed on main Highway and lost control just while going up on the ramp and crossed over to service road flying into the mini truck. I was not able to look for damage on the Highway due to moving traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200812_082539.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200812_082522.jpg  

Amity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 16:12   #31307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity View Post
....... but if I were to guess, the Dzire may have been traveling at high speed on main Highway and lost control just while going up on the ramp and crossed over to service road flying into the mini truck. I was not able to look for damage on the Highway due to moving traffic.
As per a report on a FB page 'Voice of Faridabad', the car was travelling at a high speed on the service road itself and around 1 AM, it went out of control, hit a sewer manhole, became airborne, hit the pole and then into the mini truck.
Old 12th August 2020, 17:55   #31308
Senior - BHPian

District topper girl who won a scholarship to a US college died in a two wheeler accident after some local bikers started doing wheelies and other stunts near a bike she was riding pillion on with her uncle, and this caused her to fall down.

https://zeenews.india.com/india/gaut...e-2301986.html
Old 12th August 2020, 20:14   #31309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the morning today (around 8:25 AM), while going to office, I noticed crowd from afar on the Mewala Maharajpur flyover on Mathura Road (NH-19/earlier NH-2), towards Delhi.
Saw this wreckage in person today morning. Car was a latest gen Dzire VDI AMT.

Luckily for the driver, the car went airborne and missed the rigid chassis/floor of the container truck by a whisker. Sheet metal of the container acted as a damper and subdued the impact forces.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:52   #31310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
There have been quite a few accidents at such junctions there because of Mangalore's well known Tulu driving Cliche - YBNT -Yaan Bathey, Nikkul Tooley , which roughly translates in English to - Here I come(carelessly & First), You (Beware &) watch yourselves!!!

Thanks for the update. All that required are four automated traffic lamps in such places. Maybe the cost is beyond the local municipality.
Old 13th August 2020, 04:03   #31311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.........A Dzire had crashed into the cargo compartment of a mini truck. From what I saw airbags had deployed in Dzire and there was no one inside. This happened on the service road next to the upward ramp of flyover. .......
Received a closer picture of this accident in a Whatsapp group.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bd499bf9674c45d6a06f45ab109bab6b.jpeg  

kkr2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:49   #31312
BHPian

What is with People whipping up phones and recording, clicking pics,selfies at an accident site? Have seen people gathering in large numbers,blocking roads,haphazardly parking waiting for another accident to happen
Old 13th August 2020, 12:11   #31313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopsKA12 View Post
What is with People whipping up phones and recording, clicking pics,selfies at an accident site? Have seen people gathering in large numbers,blocking roads,haphazardly parking waiting for another accident to happen
People whipping phones for pictures/ recordings is an unfortunate trend with camera phones. The victim is rarely helped but gruesome pictures & videos posted on social media.

However, this is a service road (my city & I often refuel at this fuel station) & traffic is generally very slow here because of vehicles queues for CNG & Petrol/ Diesel. Chances of accident at the place these people are standing is much lesser.

However, barely few metres ahead the chances of accident are higher because of vehicles exiting fuel station, auto-rickshaws picking up commuters & liquor vend all in vicinity.
Old 13th August 2020, 13:09   #31314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
More than blaming the (ever not present, if at all any) Cop , it is the fault of the lady driver.

She should have given way to the car. Hope she is alright and recuperates soon.
I am not judging anyone here.
As far a I know in any junction or roundabout, the traffic on your right gets the priority.

In this case the 2 wheeler did have the priority, but it seems that the driver of the car was unsteady from the beginning and just panicked at the junction and created a mess.

Hope the lady is not seriously injured.
Old 13th August 2020, 16:39   #31315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
The good news is that the driver of the car survived even after being stuck inside the car for 5 hours.
UPDATE:
The driver of the car shared his story on how Tata Tiago had helped him survive the major accident.

Source: Prateek Singh's youtube channel.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 16:58   #31316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopsKA12 View Post
What is with People whipping up phones and recording, clicking pics,selfies at an accident site?
I agree, it's sick. But even I might have taken a pic of the car driven into the side of the van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
I am not judging anyone here.
As far a I know in any junction or roundabout, the traffic on your right gets the priority.
That is how roundabouts are supposed to work, but not junctions. At junctions, one road is main road, other road(s) are not. Traffic on main road gets right of way. Roads should be marked accordingly. Very often they are not. In this city, criss-cross mazes of road have no indication at all of which is main road. It's actually amazing that there are not accidents every hour at every crossroads on the busier routes!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 23:45   #31317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post

Clear case of aquaplane, the driver was very lucky to have not collided head on with bus.

Like in UAE, we should be made to toil hard before we get a license. It irks to see we fail in basics like these.
Agreed it's a clear case of aquaplaning, But what surprises me is, it's a luxury vehicle with abs and all the electronic stuff, doesn't that help in preventing such scenarios. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th August 2020 at 07:18. Reason: Video link removed from the quoted portion
Old 14th August 2020, 19:35   #31318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Clear case of aquaplane, the driver was very lucky to have not collided head on with bus.
The driver looks at the damage and zooms away with the same energy and enthusiasm with which he crashed.

I get scared if I see anyone doing above 40kmph on a wet road. I will usually back off and let them pass. On a side note, he's really lucky to have escaped without banging on the bus or killing someone.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 19:45   #31319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Received a closer picture of this accident
Do we still doubt build quality of Maruti after looking at this picture
airbus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 22:32   #31320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBalaM View Post
Agreed it's a clear case of aquaplaning ...
We can't see how much water is on the road there, but it looks more like a simple skid to me. Too fast into the corner on a wet road; maybe he touched the brake.

Maybe he relied too much on his car's suite of abbreviations!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks