Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 12:51   #31906
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My Ciaz was dented last night.
Sorry to hear about this.

But as a fellow Ciaz owner I feel the damage is quite less considering the pathetic sheet metal quality that our cars have.

This can be easily mended.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:53   #31907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Quite unfortunate. I would say it was sheer ignorance on the part of the scooter to take a turn without even looking behind for any vehicles to pass. Sadly, most of the errant motorists have this bad habit that they attempt a turn and then look behind while it should be the other way around. People just assume their 'right of way' and are completely ignorant about the concept of 'yielding'.
Again, this doesn't absolve the biker for the insane speed he did on an arterial road.
The Minor girls did watch out before crossing 00:25 seconds. They would not have imagined a underaged psycho coming at such speeds and hit them out of the blue. I have had one or two close shaves like these where I would have prepared to turn after both watching the surrounding and turning the Indicator on for good measure. But Squids still surprised me with their speeds bursting into the scene out of nowhere and nearly taking me down. I hope the victim girls recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr
17 years, 13 years...sigh :( But it is very common in TN rural areas i guess. [sorry for the generalization
13 years would be too early...but for a girl in her 10th class or higher with working parents it becomes a necessity to have a small bike atleast. Competitive coaching classes are quite a distance away and our cities and suburbs are no places for the good old cycles anymore. To add to this the predators on the prowl who make walking/cycling of young girls all the more dangerous
venbas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 18:24   #31908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My Ciaz was dented last night.
This is how:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Pzs2PomiGjg
The speeds were definitely on the safer sides. So only minor damage to the steed. However just thinking if you would have stopped completely after sighting the first deer. Maybe then the second one might have darted across harmlessly. From my experience in driving in US by law you are required to come to dead stop in such crossing zones. Any hit and the liability is on the driver of the automobile. Experts with experience of driving through forested areas can weigh in.
venbas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 20:08   #31909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
The speeds were definitely on the safer sides. So only minor damage to the steed. However just thinking if you would have stopped completely after sighting the first deer. Maybe then the second one might have darted across harmlessly...
It is like my motto that if one child runs across a road, probably another will too. But it comes very quickly: hardly more than a couple of seconds.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:43   #31910
BHPian

Its almost 9 month old incident. Was returning back from Mumbai to Nellore. It was a long non stop return drive. I was behind the wheel and was feeling a bit sleepy. But had to reach destination for some important work. Thought its ok, i can control the sleep. Just because of luck, that decision haven't turned to be lethal.

The turn of event
-- Feeling sleepy
-- Controlling my urge to close eyes.
-- No idea when my eyes closed.
-- Car goes sideways| Both sides.
-- Scrapes the highway divider.
-- Sound of alloy hitting the divider.
-- Sound and car shaking opened the eyes.
-- Eyes opened fully with a heavy heart beating.
-- Analyzing what happened

Three ways it could have gone wrong.
1. A lorry was there in front. Could have hit that.
2. Could have jumped over the divider.
3. There was a cut in the divider, just in front where i hit.

Anyways i am here to tell the tale, with some proof.

Leason learned.
Don't think you are GOD and can control everything. If you feel sleepy better take a gap / rest and continue.
india008 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 12:05   #31911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by india008 View Post
Don't think you are GOD and can control everything. If you feel sleepy better take a gap / rest and continue.
That was a close shave, lucky that you went and brushed the divider on the right and not the lorry on the left. I also had a similar experience once, wherein I nodded off for a second or so, I think, after that whenever I feel tired, I pull over and take rest.

OT: You are finally on Team Bhp, I have shared a lot of your videos here on Team-BHP.

Last edited by ecenandu : 22nd November 2020 at 12:10. Reason: Typo
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 12:38   #31912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
That was a close shave, lucky that you went and brushed the divider on the right and not the lorry on the left.
Yes that was a close one. Many possibilities were there. But in the end it was a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
OT: You are finally on Team Bhp, I have shared a lot of your videos here on Team-BHP.
Yes.. I have seen those post. And thanks for doing that
india008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:09   #31913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Leason learned.
Indeed lucky and a lesson learned for life. Irrespective of our expertise, we should prepare for our long drives and plan for rest accordingly.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:32   #31914
BHPian

Quote:
Leason learned.
Very important to take a gap, rest and get back your senses in alert mode.

These are a few things I do:-

- Stop at the earliest, if refreshments are nearby, take tea or coffee(preferrable but lesser availability)

-Change the environment, open/close the windows, change the music playing, toggle volume and for a short period change the seating position/backrest.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2020 at 12:25. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:07   #31915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
Very important to take a gap, rest and get back your senses in alert mode.
These are a few things I do:-
- Stop at the earliest, if refreshments are nearby, take tea or coffee.
One thing I miss on modern four lane and access controlled highways is the old style dhabas of yore that invariably served food on wooden plank laid across a charpai or khaat.

I still stop by at such places and sleep on khaat for an hour or so when needed in night. They don't charge a dime for this. All you need to do is order something from menu, that too need not be something expensive. A cutting chai ( tea) would do.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2020 at 12:25. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Entsurgeon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:21   #31916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
One thing I miss on modern four lane and access controlled highways is the old style dhabas of yore that invariably served food on wooden plank laid across a charpai or khaat.
I still stop by at such places and sleep on khaat for an hour or so when needed in night. They don't charge a dime for this. All you need to do is order something from menu, that too need not be something expensive. A cutting chai ( tea) would do.
OT, but why would you miss that when you still have such Dhabas across the country's highways except that the charpai is mostly made of metal pipes rather than wood and still let's you get a peaceful power nap whenever you need!

I would, when I am not driving with family, always look for parked trucks, especially long haul ones and not the ruffian tippers or sand lorries and pull over because these are the places that would reflect the true desi style dhabas without much ado.

A large water tank next to it where drivers would bathe or pull out buckets to clean their windscreen would be so synonymous to these Dhabas.

No matter how modern our highways become, such Dhabas will continue to serve the thankless trucker community who continue to breath highways day and night.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd November 2020 at 22:23.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:54   #31917
Senior - BHPian

Any news about this accident

Old 23rd November 2020, 01:49   #31918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post

WEAR SEATBELTS!!! IT WORKS!!!
Good to know they are safe and wishing for their recovery soon.

In addition to wearing seatbelts which worked, probably in this case, it would be a good advice to have not sped at 150kmph too. Even the safest expressways in India have 120kmph speed limit for a reason and most of the regular divided NHs have 80-90kmph speed limit. They were almost at 1.75x the speed limit here.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:39   #31919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
OT, but why would you miss that when you still have such Dhabas across the country's highways
You missed the word four laned. Such dhabas are becoming rarer on 4 lane highways replaced , maybe due to increasing number of private passenger cars vs trucks, by more urban type restaurants on the name of dhabas. Yes such dhabas are very common on 2 laned and smaller backroads.

I agree with and do everything you said.

Old 24th November 2020, 11:39   #31920
BHPian

HYDERABAD: A speeding Mercedes Benz rammed into Tata Indica cab and two persons sitting in the 2nd row of the Indica cab were severely injured in the accident. The incident took place in Road no 3, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.

The negligent driving of Mercedes Benz driver under the influence of alcohol caused the accident. It is learnt that three men and one woman were in the Benz car under the influence of alcohol. The youngsters in the car drove the car under the influence of alcohol in excess of 120 kmph speed and lost control over the car. Police filed a case and investigation is under progress.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hyd23.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks