Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 20:19   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
lol. and why?

Its his life, no?
His life maybe, but not his fault he was born without a brain, isn't it?
Old 17th August 2009, 20:34   #3182
Team-BHP Support

I lost a friend last week to alcohol related illness.
Last year I almost lost a friend to alcohol addiction. Thankfully he is on the path to recovery.
Some years back lost a friend and her father to a drunk driver
A couple of years back lost a very dear friend to a drunk driver.
A drunk friend of crashed his bike and spent close to a year in treatment.

Will you let your friend commit suicide or murder.

But you will let him drive drunk?

Someone drinking in his house and getting smashed is different. I would rather my friend not do it. But to actually get out and drive. NO.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:45   #3183
Senior - BHPian

@bblost, sorry about the number of losses you have come across! May their souls RIP.

Driving under influence is something to be taken seriously. I myself face a nightmare when I drive late from work to home on Fridays. Cant really help it though!
Old 18th August 2009, 02:04   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey man I'm not sure whats scary. The car or the headless people in the photographs. Lucky guy, your friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Woooooooo!! Scary!!! Did u say scrachless or headless

Where are the heads anyways??
The people just got beheaded at my photoshop folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Last year I almost lost a friend to alcohol addiction. Thankfully he is on the path to recovery.
Some years back lost a friend and her father to a drunk driver
A couple of years back lost a very dear friend to a drunk driver.
A drunk friend of crashed his bike and spent close to a year in treatment.

Will you let your friend commit suicide or murder.

But you will let him drive drunk?

Someone drinking in his house and getting smashed is different. I would rather my friend not do it. But to actually get out and drive. NO.
My lucky friend has learnt the lesson the hard way.
This accident has changed him as a driver; from an irresponsible, rash driver he has changed to a more sensible driver.
Driving with Alcohol and Speed combined is almost as lethal as any deadly poison. If not killing instantly it can maim someone for life
As someone pointed out nobody was hurt by this accident; and its important to remember that its not always the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Driving under influence is something to be taken seriously. I myself face a nightmare when I drive late from work to home on Fridays. Cant really help it though!
Its always better to take a cab back home; or have a sober friend who drops you off home when you are high.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:49   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Last year I almost lost a friend to alcohol addiction. Thankfully he is on the path to recovery.......
Hey bblost, sorry about these losses, its very hard to digest the facts that people lose their lives just for "alcohol". I wonder what could be done to stop people from drinking and driving, there have been 'n' number of initiatives, awareness programs and what not, but, people still drink and drive and sometimes they feel very proud to do that .

I hope sane driving prevails.

Cheers
Balaji
Old 19th August 2009, 01:59   #3186
BHPian

A brother of a friend lost his life near Moradabad while on some highway tonight...
He was in a wagonR. He was coming to Delhi. Anybody here with any info on that?
Old 19th August 2009, 09:44   #3187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
A brother of a friend lost his life near Moradabad while on some highway tonight...
He was in a wagonR. He was coming to Delhi. Anybody here with any info on that?
Sorry to know that. RIP.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:05   #3188
BHPian

I am attaching a few photos of the accident that we met in April 2006 on the Pune - Nashik route. It was a S turn, the road turns left with a downward slope, crosses a bridge and then turns right with a upward slope.

My friend was driving the car who is also the owner of it and the car is just 3 weeks old (Ford Ikon Flair) and we were 3 people including the owner. Fortunately all 3 were wearing the seat belts which saved us from getting injured. I still remember the after impact scenes, The driver had a small cut in his forehand and a good impact of the steering wheel in his stomach, fortunately it was nothing to worry, me and my other friend had no injuries (i was in the front sear, my other friend was in the back seat) except the seat belt impact.

The Ford banged on to the Sumo while taking the left, if not for some railings, we would have seen ourselves beneath the bridge, on the river bed.

I am not sure whether the Ford IKON Flair had 3 point seatbelts. Could someone please let me know what is the difference between the 2 point and 3 point seat belts?

The impact of the seatbelt was felt for atleast 3 weeks. Only after this accident, i realised the importance of the seat belt and from that point, i never forget to put it on for any drive.

The whole accident was mis judgement from my friend and he banged it on the Sumo. IMHO the Sumo was right on his lane and no mistake of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car5.jpg  

Last edited by balajird : 19th August 2009 at 12:11.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:11   #3189
BHPian

Oh thats a bad one , fortunate that all of you are safe .
Old 19th August 2009, 12:14   #3190
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God that was pretty bad crash. Thankfully all of you are safe. Damn! Whats the news on the vehicle ? Total loss it seems.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:17   #3191
BHPian

Yup, its a total loss, i didnt want to rub more salt on to it, hence, never discussed about the car with my friend, all i know is, he is not driving a car any more, for the last 3 years he is using the company bus.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:22   #3192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Yup, its a total loss, i didnt want to rub more salt on to it, hence, never discussed about the car with my friend
I simply cannot empathize with a fellow who has lost a 3 week old car. I can't think of what I'd do if I were him. But on the bright side, you all are safe. 'Sar Salaamat toh gaadiyaan hazaar.'
Old 19th August 2009, 12:25   #3193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Could someone please let me know what is the difference between the 2 point and 3 point seat belts?

The impact of the seatbelt was felt for atleast 3 weeks. Only after this accident, i realised the importance of the seat belt and from that point, i never forget to put it on for any drive.
Everything you wanted to know: Seat belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 19th August 2009, 12:31   #3194
BHPian

Thank you very much bblost, the Ford had a 3 point belt, but still the impact of the seat belt is huge, anyways, my face is saved against the windscreen, instead of smashing against the windscreen, i was held in the seat by these lifesavers.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:38   #3195
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Wow glad you guys made it safely out of that ikon crash ! Seatbelts sure save lives. What about insurance on the car etc. ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks