Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 14:18   #32086
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Kwid driver was on a mission to get sandwiched, he should thank his stars.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=I89t...ture=emb_title
He was on the truck's blind spot, he probably had the usual lame excuse "I had the indicators on".
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:16   #32087
BHPian

A woman rams her car into children in Hyderabad, CCTV footage

A video of an accident in the Hyderabad old City is creating panic among the people and a boy is injured severely in the accident. According to the sources, a woman who returned from Dubai rammed her car into two children who were playing infront of their house. She accelerated the car in reverse, the car rammed into two children who were playing. One boy is injured severely and another escaped with minor injuries. After spotting the incident, the locals rushed to the spot and shifted the boy to the nearby hospital. The incident captured in nearby CCTV cameras.

The car in the video looks like a Hyundai Santefe(?)
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:58   #32088
BHPian

This thread is a real deterrent (for me at-least) of risky driving. I have stopped night-time journeys and wait next day to continue.

What's sad are incidents like past few where lives are lost in an instant because of someone else's mistake. I know people are idiots but believe major responsibility lies on the traffic system implementation to make idiots follow the rules. Even after thousands of deaths yearly the number keeps increasing it seems.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:05   #32089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
A woman rams her car into children in Hyderabad, CCTV footage...
Horrible beyond words. The poor boy will probably suffer for life if he survives this. The driver will I am sure be let off lightly.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th December 2020 at 18:42. Reason: No stereotyping please. Thanks.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 18:23   #32090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A video of an accident in the Hyderabad old City is creating panic among the people and a boy is injured severely in the accident.
ouch. that video was hurtful just to watch, can't imagine the plight of the poor kid. Did she keep accelerating even after the impact?

Pray for the kid and parents...
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 19:38   #32091
BHPian

Saw 2 nasty accidents on NH-19 around 40 kms from Dobhi in Bihar:

1) First accident was probably between 2 trucks where one of the trucks was facing the oncoming traffic on the left side. It can be a case of truck jumping the divider and hitting another truck in the driving in the correct lane
2) Saw another truck which has climbed on the divider

2 of 4 lanes (1 on each side) were rendered completely useless which led to a traffic jam of close to 2 kms on each side.

Hope there were no casualties but I doubt looking at the condition of 1 of the trucks. I was driving alone so could not click any pictures.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st December 2020 at 15:53. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 18th December 2020, 23:00   #32092
BHPian

HI All

Today on her way to office, my wife witnesed traffic jam and slow traffic around film nagar,jubilee hills area in hyderabad. She saw the barricated area with the body of the women who was crushed to death. I was terribly disturbed when I came to know about it. May the soul of the departed attain moksha.

Another accident claims life. though this attachment is not the picture but a reminder that people take things easy on the roads especially in a place like hyderabad where people do not follow the lane system at all.

The other day someone overtook me in my car from the left side just when I was about to turn left towards the small lane near my house. the funny thing is this happened in broad day light despite me having the blinkers on. he just went like a snake. I lost my cool chased him up and gave him a piece of my mind at the next turn,only to hear "sorry bhaiyya" I was feeling bad as felt how can someone take life so easy on the roads.

Just thinking if we as teambhpians can take some sort of initiative(like a meet or a ride/ drive)to educate people on the importance of road safety. Would request your inputs on the same.

Take care n stay safe everyone.

Regards
Sushil N
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hyd-today.jpg  

sushil_n79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 10:19   #32093
Senior - BHPian

Most won't:

1) Cross at zebra crossings
2) Stop for people crossing at zebra crossings

Which leads to:

1) Anyway no one will stop for me at zebra crossing, so i shall cross wherever
2) Why can't people cross at zebra crossings?!

Such paradoxes!

Road safety has to be part of school curriculum. At least let the future generations get it right.
deathwalkr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:01   #32094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
This accident shows why it is important to check the right rear blind spot by looking over the shoulder before changing lanes.
"Looking over the shoulder" - One very useful practice I learnt in the US when applying for my driver's license and also use it extensively till date.

This incident also reiterates the need to allow sufficient distance in the front and the back while switching lanes. Unfortunately, in our country it is always the bigger vehicle that is accused of being at fault irrespective of what happened.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:30   #32095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A video of an accident in the Hyderabad old City is creating panic among the people and a boy is injured severely in the accident. According to the sources, a woman who returned from Dubai rammed her car into two children who were playing infront of their house.
The wheels keep spinning even after the car has impacted the structure. I am asking the following just in case high heels/ pointed heels were used by the female driver (no where has this been implied. I am just just asking generally)

1. Is there a probability of high heels getting locked/jammed in the pedal bay ?

2. Previously on a discussion on left/right foot breaking on some other thread, emphasis was laid on how our mind is wired to exert more pressure on the left(C) and less on the right foot(B&A). In this case, can high heels too affect some mental barrier on the pressure required on pedals due to the extra length of heels ?
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:39   #32096
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The root cause of accidents in India is not poor infrastructure. It is the licensing system. There is corruption all over the world, from all walks of life, but most countries keep their licensing system strict and largely corruption free.

In India, people don't even need to sit in a car to obtain a LMV licence. So whatever nonsense habits and perceptions they get into, once such people start driving, that becomes the "how people are supposed to drive" in their mind. Traffic challans / fines / cameras - they are all band aid solutions when the actual problem needs transplantation surgery

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th December 2020 at 16:30. Reason: Capitalising.
venkyhere is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:54   #32097
Senior - BHPian

^^ can't agree more. Just ride a bike in 8 formation qualifies a person to drive on roads with all kind of perils is just insane and we are all ok with it. They speed, cross lanes, enter main roads/ lanes without looking and do all sorts of heroics on road. This is accepted normal for India. Sad.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 15:03   #32098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
The wheels keep spinning even after the car has impacted the structure. I am asking the following just in case high heels/ pointed heels were used by the female driver (no where has this been implied. I am just just asking generally)
As you say, it has not been suggested, and I don't think it is worth going down the path. However, as you have raised (no pun intended ) the issue: high heels are not at all suitable for driving. As far as I can remember, all the woman drivers I have known, if they need to wear any sort of raised-heel shoes, have kept a pair of flat shoes in their car for driving.

(According to me, high heels are not suitable for life! but that is another topic entirely!)
Old 19th December 2020, 15:40   #32099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Mumbai Food Delivery Agent Dies After Speeding Mercedes Hits His Scooter.
Teen was 19 year old driving a GLE 43 AMG under the influence of alcohol, jumped the divider at 2:30am and hit the scooter head on.

Bone chilling video.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 16:29   #32100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Teen was 19 year old driving a GLE 43 AMG under the influence of alcohol, jumped the divider at 2:30am and hit the scooter head on.
If you look careful you can clearly see that it was the driver who was driving at night to test the airbags of the cars, while the innocent teen was at home studying. It's a crime to be poor in this country, not this country only i think majority of the countries.

May the departed soul rest in peace and maybe his family gets some sort of compensation, that wouldn't bring him back but at least it would help them financially.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks