Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 12:47   #32491
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Found this video of an obliterated i10 nios with both female occupants dead. Feeling sad as I own the exact same car.
I did not watch the whole video, but skimmed it and gather that it was driven into and under a truck?

If this makes you sad, then perhaps you should avoid owning any car, whatever its safety rating. There are some accidents that are almost always going to have horrific outcomes, whatever the car.

So please be happy with your car, and bear in mind what honeybee said:
Quote:
the driver is probably the best safety tool.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:55   #32492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Again, the driver is probably the best safety tool.
100% true...

That's a great catch. Hopefully that's the reason why the roof is like a peeled banana

However strong the car and safety rating the car may have, it cannot help if the driver is not co-orporating
Old 5th March 2021, 16:47   #32493
Senior - BHPian

I had a minor mishap this morning when I had just exited my colony gate. There was a Creta that I was following at sane speeds & as I merged into the main road a stupid rider on bicycle managed to scratch my car. God knows what he was looking at when riding on wrong side, as there are always few autos, maybe a few cattle & cars from our colony at that point.

Thankfully the scratches were not that deep & I expect these to fade away. Also, momentarily I was angry, but regained composure ASAP (even before I got out of car) & didn't go after that stupid biker (who would anyway claimed not so affluent background as excuse).

Some battles are not worth the fight IMO.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 5th March 2021 at 16:49.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 01:39   #32494
Senior - BHPian

Kid seated in front of dad (a adult) slides and bangs into the speedometer (dash) when the rider attempts a risky intersection pass.
(Attiguppe, Vijayanagar, Bangalore)
svsantosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 07:34   #32495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
https://Youtu.be/i7dEgeTU5K0

This is what happens when you don't pay attention and exercise due caution when approaching a junction. It almost looks comical, but could have been worse given that helmets were not worn.
This is the usual behavior of these people. They NEVER slow down when they enter an intersection, and try to enter it like it is their own property. This is why I had to comment on another thread where a member asked whether the horn should be considered as a luxury and I said NEVER. Atleast not in India, never. As soon as you see a auto in the vicinity of an intersection, doesn't matter if you're approaching at a good speed and feel you can pass the intersection quick, blow the horn like there's no tomorrow and make him stop from pure annoyance because there's a 99% chance that the Einstein inside the Bajaj Huracan Perfomante will find a way to make it to the junction before you do, and then it'll be too late.

Can't count on my fingers the amount of times these absolute scoundrels have just jumped out of side roads without caring a bit and heard some very colourful retorts from me as a consequence.

Last edited by SaiSW : 6th March 2021 at 07:36.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 07:51   #32496
BANNED

Rear axle of the Creta came off after being rear ended by a WagonR - https://english.udayavani.com/articl...lision/1006498

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20210306_074800.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 08:08   #32497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I had a minor mishap this morning when I had just exited my colony gate.
I guess this is the most common type of accident to occur! Happened to me on the 4th day of my car ownership but with a biker.

And you know what? They know that the damage to their vehicle would anyday be cheaper or next to none compared to even a minor one on the cars and act like the car owner is the one at fault.

Some battles are not worth fighting, yes, but over time multiple such incidents occur and just accumulate in your head only to get vented out somewhere else - unless you have attained true zen mode ofcourse!
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 06:50   #32498
Senior - BHPian

A few pages ago we had a discussion about cops trying to stop bikers and getting injured.
This cop was filming (?for evidence) and ended up being gently almost run over by a passing car. He appears brave and continues filming, but I'm sure that leg and ankle are in a lot of pain!
BenjiRoss is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 19:54   #32499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This cop was filming (?for evidence) and ended up being gently almost run over by a passing car.
Actually, the cop hit the car, rather than the other way around. Lesson for all: never walk backwards into a traffic lane!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 01:02   #32500
BHPian

In an unfortunate incident, a friend of ours and a CA passed away from injuries after being smashed by a car. Happened outside Ganga Constella in Kharadi, Pune this weekend. He was out for a walk.

This post from his relative & friends sums it all:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5617...7968465446784/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5617...15977/?app=fbl

Would this be a case of drunk driving / hit & run? Look at the remains of the car - can't even imagine the intensity of the hit.
The worst part, seems the driver got bail on Sunday itself!!!

Looking at events like this, feel like the hot hatch with 1.6l + strong build becomes a curse for others in the wrong hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20210308wa0044.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20210308wa0045.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20210308wa0046.jpg  

aashishnb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:19   #32501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
In an unfortunate incident, a friend of ours and a CA passed away from injuries after being smashed by a car. Happened outside Ganga Constella in Kharadi, Pune this weekend. He was out for a walk.
This is really a sad incident. I work in the same firm and got news about this accident on watsapp.

Accused is a resident of Akurdi, Pune. He was arrested by police and was later released on bail .

More on this is here: https://www.punekarnews.in/pune-cred...y-his-company/
Old 9th March 2021, 14:36   #32502
BHPian

Quote:

This post from his relative & friends sums it all:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5617...7968465446784/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5617...15977/?app=fbl

Would this be a case of drunk driving / hit & run? Look at the remains of the car - can't even imagine the intensity of the hit.
The worst part, seems the driver got bail on Sunday itself!!!

Looking at events like this, feel like the hot hatch with 1.6l + strong build becomes a curse for others in the wrong hands.

It is not about the hot hatch, it is about the hot head driving the hot hatch. The person would have killed even if he would have been driving a Nano. In cases like this, I strongly feel the need of mob justice(I know, I know).
Engine_Roars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:50   #32503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
The person would have killed even if he would have been driving a Nano.
Yes indeed. I can't forget that an elderly neighbour was left to die on the street by the biker who ran him down.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:30   #32504
BHPian

Quote:
and look at this fool posing with his car.
How hard is it to understand that you cant drive drunk

And this is a single lane with no shoulder, on which this murderer is happily stopping
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-xaxa.png  

Last edited by viXit : 9th March 2021 at 15:31.
viXit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 17:14   #32505
BHPian

Do check out the rear crash test results of Hyundai Creta! India leading the world in automotive crash testing.

Skip to 0:37 for the impact visuals.

Source: NTV Telugu. No idea about the actual date of this incident.

Last edited by 2TR-FE : 11th March 2021 at 17:19.
2TR-FE is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks