Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 16:49   #32656
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
What guts the driver should have to do something like this. I feel for the Creta owner, he had to pay a hefty price for no fault of his. I wish the driver is charged with attempt murder

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1BOukeci1JA&t=85s
This looks like fight or flight response, quickly followed by seeing red and seeking retribution. These goons look like they either knew the driver of the car and were looking for trouble or typical entitles brats that felt they had right of way despite turning into a two way street

As much as I'd like to say I am a responsible driver that wouldn't ever do this, none of us know how we'd react in a similar situation
Nitronium is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 16:49   #32657
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
What guts the driver should have to do something like this. I feel for the Creta owner, he had to pay a hefty price for no fault of his. I wish the driver is charged with attempt murder
this looks like a case of goonda(s)/miscreants trying to intimidate the car owner. They way they move the scooter and stop it in front of the car, then going straightaway to the driver window and trying to pry it open, increasingly suggests that this was a targetted extorsion/intimidation attempt at the behest of someone else.
The only thing I learnt from this is that it's a city i-DTEC, and that it can ramrod a creta very well in reverse.
venkyhere is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 17:02   #32658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Something doesn't feel right here. If one were to slow down the video, it is very clear the Activa did a change in direction so as to hit the car even after it stopped. Also the rear pillion rider gets off and proceeds with the rider and moves towards the car swiftly. I doubt the activa guys will be pursuing the City driver since something is definitely wrong. I don't blame the City guy for driving off, that is what most would have done. But the whole picture changed when he reversed and banged into them. Even if both wont move ahead legally, expect the Creta guy to file a police complaint.
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 17:53   #32659
Distinguished - BHPian

It honestly looked like an assault/robbery attempt by the scooter guys. I only wish the Honda City driver reversed from them in the first place and rammed their scooter in forward direction instead of doing it in reverse and messing up with that innocent creta.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 18:49   #32660
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's something more, along with the reason behind it, which still remains unclear:

Honda City driver tries to crush two people on a scooter in Rajkot after road rage

Quote:
As per a report, the driver is identified as Jayaraj Dawda. The report also claims that it was purely a road rage incident. However, it does seem quite extreme for road rage. The driver of the car did not come out of the car, and that is how the road rage incidents should be handled but showing aggression by hitting a vehicle and trying to mow someone down intentionally is extreme for sure
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 19:37   #32661
BHPian

While the debate about the Activa / Honda guy rages on the internet, I want to know what magic the Honda owner did to pass PUC, with his exhaust belching out such smoke.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 19:50   #32662
BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:

Looks these two were 'meant for each other'.

Another one that comes to mind - 'rock, paper, scissors?'

Idiots.

😂

Feel bad for the Creta guy and the compound owner who probably has to put in new panels. Thankfully, no damage/loss of life

Last edited by carrerastrax : 14th April 2021 at 19:54.
Old 14th April 2021, 20:01   #32663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I want to know what magic the Honda owner did to pass PUC, with his exhaust belching out such smoke.
Try flooring the throttle and release that clutch in a hurry with your only intent being to as quickly as possible escape from the spot for whatsoever reasons; preferably in a diesel car and then make someone record your car's exhaust. You will certainly know the reason.

And if you are doing this on certain brand of cars with Diesel engine quite famous with thick black exhausts on full throttle, ask that whoever taking that video to wear a full body PPE kit to escape from that smoke .

I think the amount of smoke was perfectly normal considering the situation here.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 20:15   #32664
BHPian

@paragsachania

That's why I love this forum, get to learn new things everyday. Not much of a car guy, always assumed that black smoke = clogged air filter, fuel injectors or pistons. Thank you for this good point.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 20:33   #32665
BHPian

I'm going to plaster a sticker that says "whooshah" on my dashboard , to remind me to calm down when something stupid happens on the road.

Bad boys, anyone?

I was cut off by a brezza in traffic, and he managed to kiss my car. I was livid , to say the least. Felt foolish after seeing that there was practically no damage to my car.

I'm pretty sure the Honda City guy would've been feeling the same way.

But what the hell was wrong with the activa guys being so aggressive?
Old 14th April 2021, 22:21   #32666
BHPian

I dont think there was a crash. Those 2 wannabe thugs probably knew the driver of the guy. Extortion? Protection money? They were surely looking for some trouble. Hopefully they have learnt a lesson.
I dont know what I would have done but I would not have stayed there.
The driver of the car should be given a medal.
Indian2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 09:00   #32667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I want to know what magic the Honda owner did to pass PUC, with his exhaust belching out such smoke.
Its called the Italian tune up. Would have done some good for the engine actually.

Back to the subject, it all looks very strange. The car isn't exactly racing down the road and the scooter chaps have positioned themselves in a way that they want trouble. They don't even attempt to steer away for the approaching car. The car comes to a complete stop and before you know it, the scooter chaps are already trying to pry open the window. Hope the Hyundai owner gets access to this cctv footage for insurance claims.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 09:37   #32668
BHPian

Witnessed this accident recently. Although I am not sure but it looks like the bike rider was at fault here due to over-speeding, he seems to have hit the Scooter after loosing control on the curve due to his speed. I was able to brake just in time to avoid rear-ending that Innova, you can hear the ABS kicking-in in my EcoSport

Last edited by Funny : 15th April 2021 at 09:39.
Funny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 09:56   #32669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Witnessed this accident recently. Although I am not sure but it looks like the bike rider was at fault here due to over-speeding, he seems to have hit the Scooter after loosing control on the curve due to his speed. I was able to brake just in time to avoid rear-ending that Innova, you can hear the ABS kicking-in in my EcoSport

https://Youtu.be/qDd3aZzu3HQ
Maybe the transition from a dim lit underpass to bright sunlight blinded him for a second.

I generally tend to slow down a bit while going into a underpass but this chap looked like he was racing through it.

Also, was that a helmet rolling onto the road. Without it strapped these guys might as well have a haircut shaped like a helmet to avoid fines from police.
JithinR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 12:39   #32670
Senior - BHPian

A(n unstable) 3 wheeler hits a dog running across the road and almost tips over after hitting the wall/pole.
Wonder what can be done when you see a small animal run across and can't stop in time.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks