Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 22:14   #32836
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

At 37 seconds, the light turns yellow. From a different CCTV, at 30 seconds, the light turns green for the traffic from the other side only after the impact. Even otherwise, thanks to the CCTV footage, both Eeco and pick up had no business entering the crossing. The light was not turning green for them anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Watch the time on the video. The signal turned amber two seconds before the truck crossed the line.
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 22:44   #32837
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Baleno with quite severe damage to the rear.
Looks like a very bad hit a two wheeler at high speed or the driver backed into a pillar at high speed.

The damage is limited to just the rear. Absolutely no damage to all the doors and the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20210607224001_video-player.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20210607223855_video-player.jpg  

speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 23:21   #32838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
An ever increasing breed of signal jumpers. Hope they understand the risks involved and change.
Signal jumpers are a special breed who want to jump to the next Janma with out any botheration to their pending karma.

Even God cannot save them. What are they going to achieve in that 10 seconds?
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 00:54   #32839

Quote:
An ever increasing breed of signal jumpers. Hope they understand the risks involved and change.

A non-fatal accident at Aramghar Crossroad, Rajednranagar published by Cyberabad Traffic Police for road safety educational purpose.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tKkH6gIN5wA
It appears to me that the EECo was an ambulance and the truck had to jump the signal to give way to the ambulance. Due to the quality of the video, it is not clear the siren of the ambulance was on or not.

I may be wrong too
sai_crdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 05:12   #32840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
At 37 seconds, the light turns yellow. From a different CCTV, at 30 seconds, the light turns green for the traffic from the other side only after the impact. Even otherwise, thanks to the CCTV footage, both Eeco and pick up had no business entering the crossing. The light was not turning green for them anyways.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_crdi View Post
It appears to me that the EECo was an ambulance and the truck had to jump the signal to give way to the ambulance. Due to the quality of the video, it is not clear the siren of the ambulance was on or not.

I may be wrong too
You're right, it is an ambulance! But it does not appear to have its siren/lights on either. Even though the footage quality is crappy (seriously though, 360p in 2021?), it is clear that the lights were not on. It had no patient/passenger either.

Also, even if the Eeco was an ambulance, the other pickup-truck had no business jumping the light that too so carelessly. Just give way to the ambulance, and cross the intersection CAREFULLY.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 07:43   #32841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Saw this Baleno with quite severe damage to the rear.
Looks like a very bad hit a two wheeler at high speed or the driver backed into a pillar at high speed.

The damage is limited to just the rear. Absolutely no damage to all the doors and the front.
Offtopic!!

At first glance,I thought it was an ignis. So now I know what is Maruti's inspiration for designing cars.
racer_ash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 09:22   #32842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
While we can hammer Maruti-Suzuki about their sheet metal, the very fact that this vehicle can still be driven is a testament to their overall engineering. Even the rear wheels seem to be more or less aligned and not skewed.

Amazing!

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th June 2021 at 09:45.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 09:28   #32843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The white smoke could be because the catcon & exhaust system must be a write-off.
I don't think there is any smoke. It's just the reflection of the air purifier on the windscreen.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 16:21   #32844
BHPian

Quote:

A non-fatal accident at Aramghar Crossroad, Rajednranagar published by Cyberabad Traffic Police for road safety educational purpose.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=tKkH6gIN5wA
The Eeco looks like an Ambulance, and in some frames, one can spot the text on both sides as well as on front.

I think that the Camper was minding his business and Eeco signalled him to move aside (also Wagon-R gave way at the same time). He took this as opportunity to Jump the light as well.

This also explains the sudden acceleration of Eeco to zoom past the camper.
Just my analysis.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ambu.jpg

Last edited by purohitanuj : 8th June 2021 at 16:27.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 21:41   #32845
Senior - BHPian

There was a major accident in Kanpur yesterday - 17 killed as bus, tempo collide in Kanpur

Quote:
“There was a collision between two vehicles, after which the bus overturned. The bus was coming from Lucknow and heading towards Delhi. The injured four persons are being treated at a hospital,” said Kanpur (Range) Inspector General Mohit Agarwal.

“The survivors said they are from Kanpur’s Sachendi area and worked in a biscuit factory. They were on their way to work in the tempo when the accident took place,” said the IG.
Old 9th June 2021, 21:45   #32846
BHPian

This happened in Nirmal district of Telangana. As per the news report, a speeding car hit a motorcycle hurling the rider into a tree. Motorcycle rider succumbed to injuries. Scary one!!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 9th June 2021 at 21:46.
Old 10th June 2021, 19:00   #32847
BHPian

A tipper truck sideswipes an alto 800 in Kerala. The occupants of the alto got lucky!

Last edited by TSIVTEC : 10th June 2021 at 19:02.
TSIVTEC is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 19:18   #32848
Senior - BHPian

Oh crap!!! That was a damn close call. Overtaking on our highways is always a task and people use the might is always right logic to full effect.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 19:23   #32849
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
A tipper truck sideswipes an alto 800 in Kerala. The occupants of the alto got lucky!
https://Youtu.be/W118JwuiNdY
This was spine chilling, the Alto occupants are extremely lucky that only front bumper of their car came in the contact of the truck coming from opposite side, else the car would have simply got sandwiched between the trucks along with a violent angular acceleration after the impact and the result would have been extremely ugly.

It's entirely the mistake of the truck driver, I don't see a reason to be this impatient on a single carriageway. He knew that the traffic is coming from opposite end and it's not possible to overtake, still he pulled in to the side of the car.

Normally, whenever I am closely followed by an aggressively driven bus or truck (mostly buses), either I speed up, or simply slow down and wave them to pass by rolling my window. No matter what the car is, a bus or truck needs just a touch to get you in a PIT maneuver kind of situation!

Last edited by VKumar : 10th June 2021 at 19:30.
VKumar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 20:30   #32850
Distinguished - BHPian

That is scary-horrible.

If I had been driving the Alto, and IF I had correctly seen AND interpreted the situation (both big ifs) I'd have accelerated hard to get out of the way of the truck, giving it space to pull in. But that's very much my ideal-world suggestion: no idea if I'd have the presence of mind to do it.

Anyway, the overtaking vehicle has responsibility to keep clear. Well, that's at sea, but pretty sure it applies to road too.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks