Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 12:32   #33136
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well it should also start a conversation on why a pedestrian has to walk almost in the middle of a road filled with fast moving traffic? Where is our town planning? Where is our government or municipal corporations? If we had a proper pedestrian walkways, these accidents could be avoided in first place.
A decent footpath does seem to exist as can be seen in the beginning of the video.

She should have been walking there, the guys on the 2 wheeler should have been riding sanely, they should have stopped and helped...ideally!
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:37   #33137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
The actress' friend who was also killed was half outside the open sunroof before the incident occurred and she was flung out of the car instantly upon impact.
The Youtube "safety experts" were having a field day saying Tata brand has gone cheap, Harrier is not safe and all the mumbo jumbo.

If this information is true, I hope at least that shuts their mouth.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:39   #33138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The structure looks rather stable and has taken the hit rather well. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
...can see that the car has held up quite well. The passenger shell is intact. Deformation beyond the C-pillar is expected in roll overs ....
The report says that the vehicle hit a divider. The structure may look relatively intact in the pictures, but the vehicle would have taken a massive hit on its floor pan causing intrusion into the cabin from below and resulting casualties to the occupants.

However well built a vehicle is, a crash into an extremely rigid object like a road divider rips open the underside and is very dangerous for the occupants of a vehicle.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 26th July 2021 at 12:42.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:11   #33139
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier safety ratings in question again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
the pics make me revisit Tata Harrier's safety standard.

On a lighter note this pic that came up on my Insta feed should reinforce your faith in the build quality of TATA's.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image0.jpeg

PS - Had the wall been cemented would have been a different story as that is what actually strengthens a brick wall.
SnS_12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:31   #33140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Actress Yashika Anand injured, her friend dies in accident after their car hit the median and toppled at ECR near Mahabalipuram. According to reports, the accident happened around 11.45 pm on Saturday.

Attachment 2183505
When I first saw this pic on mobile I couldnt make out it was a harrier. I went to mParivahan to identify the car.

Guess what...!!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpeg
svsantosh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 14:03   #33141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier safety ratings in question again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Mods - please remove/append this to any other thread as appropriate. I couldn't find any and hence starting new.Novice here. While am not aware of the conditions in which this accident happened, the pics make me revisit Tata Harrier's safety standard.
Did you revisit the safety of the S Class after Princess Di's demise?? A block of concrete is no competition for any car or SUV. A car can become a coffin depending on the person behind the wheel and/or the unfortunate circumstances one finds one self in.
Durango Dude is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 18:05   #33142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
When I first saw this pic on mobile I couldnt make out it was a harrier. I went to mParivahan to identify the car.

Guess what...!!

Attachment 2184003
Just proves the adage that the rich and powerful in the country have a free hand to do as they please and the authorities will indulge them. This should have been a cut and dried case of DUI and overspeeding with so many cameras on that Stretch. But nothing comes from the law enforcement. Guess they would be busy removing and destroying CCTV footage as well by now. Needless to say next few weeks there will be a collection drive on hapless two wheelers, pickup vehicles and truckies as a token of "Authorities swinging into action"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Did you revisit the safety of the S Class after Princess Di's demise?? A block of concrete is no competition for any car or SUV. A car can become a coffin depending on the person behind the wheel and/or the unfortunate circumstances one finds one self in.
Rightly said. So easy how people jump to conclusions on the vehicle even when there is such a glaring case of overspeeding and high speed crash evidence. Even an Iron man suit might have been useless in THAT crash!

Last edited by venbas : 26th July 2021 at 18:10.
venbas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 19:48   #33143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Now Media is quoting Police that there was no DUI just spirited driving! Having been inside a Harrier I am flabbergasted how someone in their sane mind can total it like crushing some papad The Stretch between Mahabs and Chennai though 4 laned is extremely difficult for hyper riding and is a veritable obstacle course with or without traffic. There are speed guns and CCTV cameras at regular intervals. With all these evidence I find it incredulous that the Authorities are not naming and shaming culprits involved for their exact atrocities. Thank God there were no casualties of innocent road user(s) like the delivery boy in the previous "accident" involving the same Actor.
ECR during weekend nights is infamous for reckless driving and DUI. Upto Mahabs we have CCTV cameras every 50 ft or so. Should be easy enough for police to decipher what happened.
guru_max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 19:49   #33144
Distinguished - BHPian

It shows in RTO database.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20210726194645_carinfo.jpg

This actress has already been into a DUI incident in the past. Now she has again driven the car leading to a fatal accident.

Good to know the police have filed 2 complaints against her and her license has been revoked.

But we know our system, this idiot will drive again.

Last edited by bblost : 27th July 2021 at 18:17. Reason: Accident Thread. Her acting skills are not relevant here.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:00   #33145
REN
BHPian

Hit-and-run by a Creta somewhere on the Salem - Coimbatore highway. Absolutely horrifying stuff.

https://twitter.com/pramodmadhav6/st...758019076?s=21
REN is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 22:47   #33146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Hit-and-run by a Creta somewhere on the Salem - Coimbatore highway. Absolutely horrifying stuff.
Ridiculous. I hope the culprit is caught and punished. Too ambitious, may be!
  • After that overtake stunt when it appears in the frame, the Creta driver suddenly sees the slow moving bike and the car in front. In an attempt to control the vehicle he had no clue what he is supposed to do. Tried squeezing through believing his luck.
  • Amidst this chaos, I liked the way the car in front been given a nudge by the Creta to have him move back to its lane. Had he stuck to his lane in the first place, may be this accident wouldn't have happened. (Not acquitting the stupid Creta driver for what he did)
  • The TT did not bother to stop. Or is he still chasing the Creta?
  • Kudos to the recording car for driving within the speed limits to be able to stop in time. Else he could have caused further damage
  • Wish the guy is not seriously injured

Last edited by balenoed_ : 26th July 2021 at 22:52.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 23:10   #33147
BHPian

Quote:

This is my worst nightmare riding a 2 wheeler on our highways. You are on the slow lane minding your business, cruising with eye on road ahead and in broad daylight...just enjoying the drive and in peace with nature and yourself when all of a sudden a dumb squid on 4 wheels decides to take you out from the back.

Maybe it's due to the sheer sales numbers or the price points but out of all SUVs the owner's of Creta seem to forget that the Creta is an SUV and not meant to be driven like a race car. That maneuver would have been big risk even in a low slung sedan like City, it's absolutely criminal in a SUV. Hope the culprit is caught due to the viral videos.

On a side note is it possible to get a vehicle proximity sensor that I can fit on my bike like the Royal Enfield? I have been in close shave cases where a rash SUV has snuck up very close though thankfully I was not hit. Usually I look over the shoulder when changing lanes or on turns/signals but these type of sudden sneaking up from behind needs a technology solution to help 2 wheeler drivers properly enjoy their long drives
venbas is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 23:59   #33148
BHPian

Quote:

Horrific indeed. Such callous driving and utter disregard for the safety of others. Good thing it was caught on cam and hopefully the errant driver has been apprehended. It was good to see the two cars stopping (a rare occurrence on our roads). Unfortunately, there is no precaution against such recklessness. Not sure what further precautions the riders could have taken (except maybe the pillion rider also wearing a helmet – not clear in the video).
sanmish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 03:28   #33149
BHPian

Received the video through social media today and was horrified. That person either died or going to have a very painful life. Feel very sorry for him and his family.

Coming to the driver of that SUV, what a reckless and heartless moron they are. I’m half sure he or she is an inexperienced driver who had no skill for doing the things they do on the road. They must have gotten away plenty of times, what’s another time must have been their thinking. I hope the driver is found and the entire law book thrown at them.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 27th July 2021 at 03:31.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 09:58   #33150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
This is my worst nightmare riding a 2 wheeler on our highways. You are on the slow lane minding your business, cruising with eye on road ahead and in broad daylight...just enjoying the drive and in peace with nature and yourself when all of a sudden a dumb squid on 4 wheels decides to take you out from the back.
Oh man. You echo my thoughts. What's worse I have to take this exact same route in a couple of days for a ride back to Bangalore (I know it's a bit stupid to think like that and it can happen anywhere, even just outside my house but still).

The bike was minding its own business almost on the shoulder line when this moron decides to put a full stop to whatever their life was looking like up until that moment.

I recall an accident, a VERY close shave that I had many years ago. I was travelling in an auto in the Eastern Expressway in Mumbai. My sister lives in Mumbai and I used to visit her during the weekends when I was working in Pune. We were going at decent speeds for an auto (~50kmph) in the middle lane when all of a sudden a car comes from behind on the left side and clips the auto in the front (with the car's rear right shoulder). The auto tipped over and went for about 20m on two wheels. Obviously swayed and rocked like crazy. I was sitting on the left most side and I can vividly remember the incident in slow motion, as the car swung towards the auto and clipped us.

I don't recall anything in me changing, neither my posture nor my expression nor any sound from me. The entire thing was probably 2-3 sec maybe. However, I recall thinking "Oh shit.. this is it". I think I had accepted that death is likely at that moment. It was a strange surreal feeling.

The auto tipped back somehow, our luck? the drivers presence of mind? skill? I don't know. But I remember being so thankful to no one in particular for the auto to stabilize itself.

The driver was furious and started chasing the car. The car obviously tried scooting from the scene. I think it was a Swift? Can't recall now. But then I talked sense into him, I said I have noted the number and you can't chase this guy. He is definitely going to be faster than you and in your bid to catch him you'll only get into more trouble. Leave it and we'll lodge a police complain, I'll come as witness if required. Somehow he cooled down, stopped the auto, waited for the heart to beat normal, checked the auto from outside for the damages and we went on our way.

I cannot image if something had happened to me that night, how my family would have felt. Just someone going on about their business when some moron decides to be the harbinger of death.

Sorry for the long post, it has been years since I recalled this incident. This video brought back those memories.
krishnakumar is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks