Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 17:42   #33811
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Spotted this on my way home.

I'm guessing the rider was overtaking the Etios from left and got too close to the Ignis. Fortunately the Etios was at full stop and cushioned her fall.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:54   #33812
BHPian

Translation, somewhere in Pondicherry a family (Father, Mother and Kid) got caught between 2 busses while overtaking.

What on earth was that guy thinking, only fathers' who don't care about their kid's life will do such a risky maneuver. That's some impact on that lady's backbone, hope she is fine.

In another incident, a schoolgirl was hit by an idiot where both fell on the road. The newsreader stated that the idiot rode away and the police is searching for him.
vvivek85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 18:13   #33813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
I'm guessing the rider was overtaking the Etios from left and got too close to the Ignis. Fortunately the Etios was at full stop and cushioned her fall.
It's another of those what were they even doing there situations. Should not have been overtaking from left. And then what, not seeing the turning vehicle? Or going for a gap that simply wasn't there.

When the vehicle in front stops, ask why, go slow, even stop too. Bikers like this do none of that: they just go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Translation, somewhere in Pondicherry a family (Father, Mother and Kid) got caught between 2 busses while overtaking.

What on earth was that guy thinking...
Whether the rider is male or female, the presence of vulnerable family doesn't seem to influence them.

I would not want to be between two converging buses in a car!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:03   #33814
BHPian

Quote:

What on earth was that guy thinking, only fathers' who don't care about their kid's life will do such a risky maneuver. That's some impact on that lady's backbone, hope she is fine.

The sheer stupidity of it! They're lucky it didn't go any more bad - they weren't even wearing helmets

What amuses me is the lady seems to be immediately scold her husband for it. Not sure, but seems like it.
N.A.GTC is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 00:52   #33815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=HwbSQz7bYq8

In another incident, a schoolgirl was hit by an idiot where both fell on the road. The newsreader stated that the idiot rode away and the police is searching for him.
Three girls walking side by side, blocking nearly 60% of the oncoming traffic lane on a two lane road is a recipe for disaster. Hope the girl is fine.

Last edited by Samba : 26th October 2021 at 00:53.
Samba is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 07:06   #33816
Senior - BHPian

The above 3 crashes are an outcome of the victim's stupidity.
The biker who thought the car in the front was an idiot for stopping on the road, the scooter-rider who thinks every gap is static and there for their taking and the pedestrians who take the road to be their drawing rooms with some blame on the biker who is responsible for watching the road ahead.

Most city rides these days result in me revising my vocabulary of slangs(mentally of course).
I am actually surprised by the amount of stuff I have started to ignore on the roads, desensitisation in progress.

Last edited by shancz : 26th October 2021 at 07:07. Reason: punct
shancz is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 07:58   #33817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Spotted this on my way home.

Ah, I see such idiots daily. I need to take an U turn to reach my house. Vehicles come as if it's a drag race especially after the signal goes green and the roads are super smooth.

Every time I turn on to the right lane, I tend to wait for 2-3 seconds to see if there are such idiots. Metro pillar and such idiots makes it a difficult routine .
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 11:49   #33818
Senior - BHPian

By God's grace I was saved featuring in this thread today. Was dropping wife at office with Papa in passenger seat. At red light ours was green and while crossing, a Tiago came at full speed breaking their red light in front of us. My wife noticed him before me so she shouted which automatically made me apply full brake and we missed him by inches. Both of them were shaken and Tiago guy just sped away. 1 sec delay and that would have been a really bad hit. Usually I keep a check for such morons on red light crossing but he wasn't visible in my peripheral vision till he was bang in front of me.

I believe it's time to invest in a dash cam now.

Also, this is the first time I have panic braked in Sonet, very impressed by it.
harry10 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 16:04   #33819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
... I am actually surprised by the amount of stuff I have started to ignore on the roads, desensitisation in progress.
I was waving an apology to a biker the other day, and my passenger friend said, "But he was coming round that corner on the wrong side!" Yes, I used to shout at guys doing that stuff.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 17:09   #33820
Team-BHP Support

At signals with cross-traffic where I'm first in line, I always wait a few seconds before moving. There's invariably a signal jumper doing crazy speeds more often than not, and I don't want to be the granter of their death-wish.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 17:28   #33821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
the scooter-rider who thinks every gap is static and there for their taking
And taking for granted that in case the gap closes, it is the responsibility of the other vehicles to save his/her life.

Works well till the larger vehicles were able to spot the 2 wheeler doing the 'manoeuvre'.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 17:36   #33822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was waving an apology to a biker the other day, and my passenger friend said, "But he was coming round that corner on the wrong side!" Yes, I used to shout at guys doing that stuff.
Meanwhile, that biker might be thinking "I used to get yelled at for wrong-side riding. Now, after this apology from the Polo-guy, maybe I should get an apology from every driver/rider who crosses my path"
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 18:20   #33823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Meanwhile, that biker might be thinking "
Not to worry, the biker isn't thinking that far. If they did they probably won't do it in the first place.

Our traffic is the worst example of Veni, vidi, vici
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 20:37   #33824
BHPian

What do we make of this incident?
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 21:14   #33825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
https://Youtu.be/nKoiSpUiulI

What do we make of this incident?
While truck driver should have been more careful when overtaking, the auto driver also didn't leave enough room for the truck to overtake.

Also, looks like the cops didn't take any action on the other truck driving on the wrong side after the accident .
Newpunter is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks