Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 21:18   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Hey, this messge has already been posted by fellow bhpian Aloksriva on 19/08/2009. Could not post pictures as I was not a member. got approved today. It was a gruesome accident. A sand laden lorry driven recklessly rammed through a milk carrying auto killing the driver of the auto on the spot (may his soul rip). Newly married just four months. The Lorry then rammed a bike, the signal post, before coming to halt. The bike rider was injured.
Interestingly, my collegue informed that at the signal a road hump was erected by police to prevent such incidents. A day before, the road hump was removed by governmetn officials. Reason: CM and convoy would be passing by the signal and officials does not want our dear CM to fell the hump. And later, they forgot to relay the road hump.
The accident led to a massive traffic pile up for half a day.

The PDF file of Bangalore Mirror issue dated 20th August 2009, Page 4 which carried the artcile is also here
oops , it costed a young life to avoid a small bump to the CM in his luxury car. I wish he reads this article and does something for his family.

May the milk mans soul RIP
Old 8th September 2009, 22:12   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A wipro staffer lost his life for the careless driving.
By the way, there are confusing reports, that the driver survied. But I doubt?
Seems to be Meru Cab. They are fined 200 bucks if they do more than 80 kmph for a specific duration. If the Wiproite was sitting in front then divine intervention be with him. The rear cabin looks pretty surviable if seatbelts were worn.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:30   #3393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This stretch of road from Hebbal flyover to international airport has become a killer road with ever increasing accidents.
Another Meru cab. I always sit in the back seat with seat belts on (they do have belts ready for rear passengers) in these cabs. Last time when I hired a Meru cab (In May 09), the driver was driving pretty ok, smooth and not so fast. Guess they've been strictly advised to follow driving discipline.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:35   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Seems to be Meru Cab. They are fined 200 bucks if they do more than 80 kmph for a specific duration. If the Wiproite was sitting in front then divine intervention be with him. The rear cabin looks pretty surviable if seatbelts were worn.
I doubt this. Look at the A-pillar, nobody could have survived in the front seat. Considering that the impact is high speed, even if the rear passengers were wearing belts, the way roof has caved in, I think if the rear passengers survive, its pure luck.

A horrible crash and way the A-pillar and roof have disappeared and caved in respectively indicate this was a car doing quite a bit of speed. Rear right seat is the place IMHO the rear passenger would have survived.

When will people learn. Why not speed limiters rather than fine anybody who is doing above 80 ? Just put in a speed limiter of 70 kmph. Done, no need to worry then. This is the safest option to avoid overspeeding.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:45   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
When will people learn. Why not speed limiters rather than fine anybody who is doing above 80 ? Just put in a speed limiter of 70 kmph. Done, no need to worry then. This is the safest option to avoid overspeeding.
Give the Meru drivers Punto Emotion pack and they can easily set a speed limit of say 100 Kmph themselves.

These drivers are capable of creating such accidents even at 70Kmph. What is more important is proper driver training.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:52   #3396
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Tavera in the GM service station when i gave in my car for service. Apparently 1 person died - no details though.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00598.jpg
Old 8th September 2009, 22:57   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay folks, same story same result. Our desi track drivers (taxi driver) was driving along the international airport. Ahead is a donkey crawling at the right side of the road (lorry). Our track driver is impatient, honks horn, but the donkey refuses to budge to left. So our track driver at great speeds turns left in order to over take the donkey. And the rest is history. A wipro staffer lost his life for the careless driving.
By the way, there are confusing reports, that the driver survied. But I doubt?

This stretch of road from Hebbal flyover to international airport has become a killer road with ever increasing accidents.
Wipro man dies in accident

TNN 29 August 2009, 03:17am IST

BANGALORE: Wipro lost a senior employee in a road accident on Friday morning. Suresh Veeraraghavan, a general manager with the tech firm, was
heading towards Bengaluru International Airport in a cab to catch a flight to Hyderabad. While overtaking a truck, the cab met with an accident and Veeraraghavan died. The driver is critically injured. M S Ramaiah Hospital said Veeraraghavan was brought dead.

"It is sad that we've lost another colleague. Suresh Veeraraghavan was on his way to attend an official meeting in Hyderabad when he met a tragic end. He joined Wipro in 2001. He hails from Chennai and is a resident of J P Nagar in Bangalore. He has two children. M S Ramaiah has conducted a post-mortem on his body, which will be cremated on Saturday morning in Bangalore,'' said Saurabh Govil, senior VP (HR), Wipro Technologies.
Old 9th September 2009, 01:16   #3398
BHPian

Quote:

Not only these road, all roads are becoming dangerous day by day.

Saw this accident due to tyre burst in Intermediate ring road. Car hits 2-3 bikes. The tyre was almost flat.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image011.jpg
Old 9th September 2009, 01:43   #3399
Senior - BHPian

Any info on what happened to those 2-3 bikers?
Old 9th September 2009, 07:45   #3400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I doubt this. Look at the A-pillar, nobody could have survived in the front seat.
By Divine intervention, thats what I meant.
Quote:
Considering that the impact is high speed, even if the rear passengers were wearing belts, the way roof has caved in, I think if the rear passengers survive, its pure luck.
There are better chances of survival in this case, looking at the front condition.
Quote:
Rear right seat is the place IMHO the rear passenger would have survived.
Quite right, but against the driver and single rear seat occupation protocol.
Quote:
When will people learn.
Don't know.
Quote:
Why not speed limiters rather than fine anybody who is doing above 80 ? Just put in a speed limiter of 70 kmph. Done, no need to worry then. This is the safest option to avoid overspeeding.
Problem is there are customers who want to reach the airport asap as they are already running late for the flight. And there are good numbers of such species. Next argument would be, 'to hell with such people' but the cabs should do 70kmph no matter what happens.

The customers would go 'To hell with Meru cabs, they never reach in time'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Wipro man dies in accident
RIP!! The sad part is who is the culprit ?
Did someone coax the driver to drive fast to reach the airport on time ?
Was the driver himself running late ?
Don't know but, the thing is the techie died and the driver still lives.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:37   #3401
BHPian

May the wipro staff soul RIP.
These cab drivers never obey any traffic rules and putting others on risk.

A possible solution to prevent such type of accidents can be done by fitting speed limiters in the cab and the company should make it mandatory if they want some pick from the company.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:14   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
May the wipro staff soul RIP.
These cab drivers never obey any traffic rules and putting others on risk.
So do you feel its the cabbie's fault entirely. I mean there could be another angle to it too. The employee must be coaxing him to go overboard to catch a flight.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:28   #3403
BANNED

When i was a kid, I had asked my father, that if i did something wrong because someone else asked me to do it, knowing fairly well that what i was doing was wrong. Who is to be blamed?

His reply was, you have brains use them. Also remember hindsight is a very cruel thing.

Last edited by Spitfire : 9th September 2009 at 12:31.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:39   #3404
BHPian

Quote:
So do you feel its the cabbie's fault entirely. I mean there could be another angle to it too. The employee must be coaxing him to go overboard to catch a flight.

There is a high probability that the passenger could have been coaxing. I have always used Meru at Hyderabad and find that they drive pretty much safely since the drivers are themselves the owners of the vehicles and need to keep them in good shape for the resale value.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:06   #3405
evo
BHPian

Tata gets into Rocket Trucks. Move to help Space Cargo companies.

Its an accident no doubt, but its funny nonetheless. No one got hurt as this happened while the truck was stationary and driver sahab and handymanji were perhaps taking a comfort break.

The other is of a erm, high roof 800, if you will!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15062009189.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15062009190.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15062009191.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15062009192.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-high-roof-800.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks