Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 22:51   #34051
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

8 car pile up in an accident near RFC, Hyderabad (Vijayawada - Hyderabad Highway).

According to the video, the first car driver braked suddenly causing pile up of all the other cars behind.

I suspect fog to be the culprit here. One interesting thing about the accident is, all the 8 cars belong to Maruti Suzuki stable. The nearest M.A.S.S to this accident site would have good income from these repairs.

WhiteSierra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 00:20   #34052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post

I suspect fog to be the culprit here.
I would rather say the drivers and speeds are to blame. The driver has to drive according to road conditions and be able to stop in time.
Speeding in near zero visibility is plain madness.
Indian2003 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 09:45   #34053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
The driver has to drive according to road conditions and be able to stop in time..
Not just road conditions, you need to know your car's limits, your personal limits on how quick are your reflexes. Then add a generous dose of buffer to it.

And then, count on your stars that the guy behind you is also knows all these things.
FORTified is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 10:05   #34054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8 car pile up in an accident near RFC, Hyderabad (Vijayawada - Hyderabad Highway).
All the cars are in a neat line, one behind the other. Might be they were driving together, and closely following each other.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 10:33   #34055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Not just road conditions, you need to know your car's limits, your personal limits on how quick are your reflexes. Then add a generous dose of buffer to it.
When I drive I am not out to test the limits of myself or the car. I am just moving myself from A to B.
Limits are tested on the race tracks but not on your way to work.
Looking at some driving tests in India tells me that there are no limits to test with such a basic test. Every safe trip will be a feat. The tests are not even conducted in real traffic.
The tests are not a challenge at all.
Indian2003 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 11:22   #34056
BHPian

A head on crash between a Nexon and Creta.
Occupants in both these cars came out safe with minor bruises and mild chest pain due to the inflation of the Air bags. Both the cars have suffered severe frontal damages. Creta seems to have affected more at least from the pictures.

Source
Attached Images

Last edited by saisree : 25th November 2021 at 11:24.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:26   #34057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Creta seems to have affected more at least from the pictures.
A few days ago, a Creta with similar frontal damage has landed up in a traffic police station which is on my way to work. Attaching a picture I took.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20211112_064114.jpg

The side however is fine with a bit of area below A pillar jutting into the cabin area on passenger side.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:45   #34058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Creta seems to have affected more at least from the pictures.
It doesn't matter which has has crumpled more, what matters is how much intrusion happened to the passenger cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The side however is fine with a bit of area below A pillar jutting into the cabin area on passenger side.
This is the worrisome part, because a small intrusion is enough for the passenger to hit their head or hands.

If there's an accident of this scale, car has to be scrapped. I hope that Nexon doesn't come back from repair shop.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:44   #34059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasanth View Post
The cyclist is at fault. Period.
I have experienced myself when I drive my car how annoying 2 wheelers riding on middle of the road can be.
Sir, someone's fault cannot become someone else's right to runover. I am sure if the slow 2 wheelers annoys you, you still won't runover them!

That annoying vehicle needn't be cycle alone, it could be bike, car or even a lorry.
LoneRidder is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 00:36   #34060
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
We have seen many accidents here but this is a very, very awful one. The Toyota Innova Crysta driver from Hyderabad, who as it appears was in a hurry to move out somewhere kills his own four year old child who appeared in a playful mood in front of the car.....
Accidents should never happen but some should never never ever happen. The survivor will die everyday, prayers for everyone involved
Old 26th November 2021, 07:41   #34061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

One interesting thing about the accident is, all the 8 cars belong to Maruti Suzuki stable. The nearest M.A.S.S to this accident site would have good income from these repairs.
On a lighter note, this should probably also go to our recent thread on "Automotive coincidences in India"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ours-here.html (Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here)
arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 00:02   #34062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
It pains to post your own car's image here.

But here is what happened.
Attachment 1790449
That's quite shocking and wondering how careless the officials are, looks like nobody is caring it so happened
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 21:57   #34063
BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20211129_1646392.jpg

Saw this brand new Fortuner spiritedly overtaking me on Chord road, Bengaluru today; Only to realise after the successful overtake that it was badly rear-ended. The boot door was badly damaged. If at all, it had 3rd row occupants during the impact, I am guessing they would have had serious injuries.

Apparently, it was being driven to the service center(I believe for accidental repairs).
msarunms1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:18   #34064
BHPian

Pics: Car falls in agricultural well, 3 killed

A car crashes and falls into a very large agricultural well by the road side in Telangana. News reports indicate that the car was travelling from Dubbak to Siddipet. From the pictures it appears that this road passes close to the well , which is quite full at this time. The well doesn't have any safety wall nor are there any safety barriers by the road side.
Fire department has pumped out large amounts of water from the well and some local deep divers attached ropes to the car to pull it out using a crane. In that process, a deep diver got stuck in the car and was drowned. After pulling out the car, police discovered two bodies in the car, a son and mother. Other details are not known at this moment.
Attached Images

deetee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:44   #34065
BHPian

What is with these Open wells near the highways. Owners of these wells should be ordered to raise the security walls. Its a risk for the vehicles and people around. We had a similar accident last month

Last edited by saisree : 1st December 2021 at 21:46.
saisree is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed