re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
https://Youtu.be/wa05g19aRWY

Three main things to be noticed here,

1. Autorikshaw was not at a controllable speed
2. Sudden turn of the biker without a proper indication
3. Biker's helmet is not strapped.
The biker is the bigger idiot here, turning on the road without looking even once. He got what he deserved, don't know why auto guy also turned in the same direction as the biker.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:39   #34082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
There would be people like me who don't use Facebook and such links cannot be seen without logging in. Inference from that snap is that someone is at a beach or a water body and is kind of enjoying.
Oops my bad. Here is you tube link

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 6th December 2021 at 11:41.
Sarvodaya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:46   #34083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
https://Youtu.be/wa05g19aRWY

Three main things to be noticed here,

1. Autorikshaw was not at a controllable speed
2. Sudden turn of the biker without a proper indication
3. Biker's helmet is not strapped.
All valid points.
Won't blame auto as in split of a second people panic and he went same way as the bike, these autos have bad brakes as I recently experienced so they should maintain less speed but are always over speeding.

The fall wasn't too bad for biker, only if he had strapped his helmet he would have escaped with bruises or a broken bone for his stupidity. Now it's a life threatening head injury. I marvel at the lack of common sense with such people.

Last edited by harry10 : 6th December 2021 at 11:48.
Old 6th December 2021, 12:05   #34084
BHPian

Another stupid overtake, and the expected results. These youngsters never learn.Somewhere in Kerala.. I hope that chap walks away.

sparky@home is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:40   #34085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Another stupid overtake, and the expected results. These youngsters never learn.Somewhere in Kerala.. I hope that chap walks away.
Is it me or did that Audi stop on a dime?! Less said about that biker the better.

Narrow roads, heavy traffic density and often leads to impatient chaos like this.
deathwalkr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:56   #34086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Oops my bad. Here is you tube link
For the record, the facebook URL was of a public group, and I could view the video without logging in. It had more videos and pictures of motor accidents and incidents.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:23   #34087
BHPian

Glad to see the lady in blue ran towards the victim for help when she herself has almost became a victim due to the stupidity of the biker.

Why he didn't try to go towards left once he spotted the car is anybody's guess.

Quote:

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th December 2021 at 14:28. Reason: quote tags
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:58   #34088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Audi driver's presence of mind prevented a disaster. He managed to stop just in time without harming that innocent kid.

Kudos to the kids' quick and brave thinking (Unsure how she was able to mentally recover that fast, after being almost run over!)
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:04   #34089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Audi driver's presence of mind prevented a disaster. He managed to stop just in time without harming that innocent kid.

Kudos to the kids' quick and brave thinking (Unsure how she was able to mentally recover that fast, after being almost run over!)
I hope this cctv grab will help Audi driver as in India it's always the bigger vehicle blamed irrespective of whose fault it is. Biker was saved because his helmet didn't came off. That lady was saved just because of quick reflexes of Audi driver.
harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:13   #34090
BHPian

Caught this one recently in my dashcam

Close call(or contact) between 2 Hyundais

Culprit : Biker at 00:09 jumping in by narrowly avoiding the red bus

Some may say that had the i20 been behind the Zest (as it's a single lane road) so that the Zest could've comfortably maneuvered and also not tailgating, the incident could've been avoided. But those who have been to that area (Santhome, Chennai) know that the signal and the road layout is a big mess. The T section is on an awkward S-like curve with road curving and widening before the signal and glancing across the road at first seems like a dual lane road only to become narrow as you enter(hence the Renault Kwid over my shoulder with half his car in the opposite lane, the Zest on the extreme right and i20 on the extreme left).

Last edited by Aditya : 9th December 2021 at 21:47. Reason: Factual error
shravansp24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:43   #34091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Caught this one recently in my dashcam

Close call(or contact) between 2 Hyundais
The white taxi car is Tata Zest!

Sorry for the off topic, just wanted to mention the right car/brand.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:50   #34092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
The white taxi car is Tata Zest!
Thanks for the clarification.. Yeah, it is a Tata. I just took a short glimpse and since most of the sub 4m cab market sedans are Xcent, assumed this one too
Old 7th December 2021, 14:16   #34093
BHPian

Drunken driving has been killing innocents a lot these days. In just the last couple of days, at least four innocents have lost their lives in Hyderabad due to drunk driving.

Porsche driver mows down two in Hyderabad; 3 more killed in separate mishaps

Quote:
Unbridled driving under the influence of alcohol claimed the lives of five persons, including a couple, in four separate accidents in Hyderabad between Sunday night and Monday afternoon.

The four mishaps took place at Banjara Hills, Narsingi and Madhapur. In the early hours of Monday, businessman Ranjith Goud, who was travelling along with his friend Sai Soman in a Porsche Cayenne, fatally knocked down two persons at Banjara Hills Road

No 2. Goud and his friend Sai were in an inebriated condition when the accident occurred. The two victims, Ayodhya Rai and Debendra Kumar Das, working in a corporate hospital, died on the spot. Ranjith Goud recorded 70 mg/dl in the breath analyser test.

At Narsingi, Durgam Raju, a milk vendor, and his wife Durgam Mounika of Kokapet village were returning home on their scooter after depositing money in a bank when they met their death on Monday afternoon.

They were driving on the wrong side of the road, towards Kokapet, when a speeding Toyota Qualis hit their scooter head on.

Both Raju and Mounika received severe injuries and were rushed to a nearby hospital, where they were declared brought dead. However, Qualis driver Chittampally Sanjeeva was in a drunken state and recorded 148 mg/dl.

Meanwhile, four hotel workers were injured when Dr. Ammathalli Nikhil Kumar Reddy, who was driving in an inebriated condition, hit them near Inorbit Mall of Madhapur late on Sunday night. Dr. Nikhil Kumar and his friend Gottumukkula Akhil Ramakrishna, consumed alcohol at a bar in Gachibowli before heading home, had 116 mg/dl and 35 mg/dl levels respectively. Their friend Dr. Mendu Tharun, who was also travelling along with them, was not drunk. The condition of the four injured persons is said to be stable.

In another accident at Narsingi late on Sunday night, Shiva, 23, and his friend Revanth, 21, crashed their bike into a car that was in front them. While Shiva succumbed to severe head injuries, Revanth is undergoing treatment at a hospital. Revanth recorded 136 mg/dl and samples from Shiva’s body were sent for tests.

Last edited by sanchari : 7th December 2021 at 14:18.
sanchari is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 19:26   #34094
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Horrible accident on the busy 80 Feet Road Indiranagar just after Chinmaya mission hospital.

Quote:
A major road accident was reported on the busy 80 Feet Road in Bengaluru’s Indiranagar on Tuesday, December 7, after an allegedly speeding Mercedes Benz crashed into a car in front of it and caused a massive pile-up involving multiple vehicles. One person has died in the accident,
Source: The news minute (TNM)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 20:16   #34095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Horrible accident on the busy 80 Feet Road Indiranagar just after Chinmaya mission hospital.

Source: The news minute (TNM)
I am frequent user of that road. So, I am just wondering how such a horrific accident can happen on that road? I mean, one cannot drive so fast in that road as that road is bit narrow and traffic is always there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks