Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 11:01   #3451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
The person who was travelling with me was a localite in the area and he was describing the sequence of events, he also went on to add the driver of the safari was under the influence of Alcohol which contributed to all this!
Oh man why do these people drive when they are drunk and risking the life of others.

Government should suspend their license for life time if they are caught for drunk and drive as they did for Mobile phone in Mumbai.
Old 12th September 2009, 00:21   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai sure has some strict rules against drunken driving. This has also been covered in most of the news channels.

I've also seen lot of communication from the cops end in Mumbai warning people about the consequences of Drunken driving , one of them being sent to jail if caught the 2nd time.

Saw an accident between and Esteem and a Army truck at Dhaula Kuan today at 9:30 pm while driving for work. Luckily the impact was only on the esteems drivers door with no injury to the driver.
Old 12th September 2009, 01:09   #3453
Team-BHP Support

This is probably the closest I have come to having an accident in the past 10 years. By looking at the picture, it may not seem serious.

I was standing on the foot-board of that beige and white bus and I was ready to get off. The bus stop was about 5 feet away from this place. There was another passenger behind who was standing behind me at that time. Since the bus had almost come to a halt, I decided to get off. The moment I got onto the footpath, I heard a rather loud crash behind me! I turned around and I saw the other passenger lying helplessly on the floor and shards of glass scattered around. The passenger was bleeding profusely and was rushed to the hospital.

I had then realised that the other passenger had stayed on the foot-board while I had gotten off.

What had happened is that the bus that I was on, took off the moment the bus in front started moving. The driver of the bus I had boarded would've probably given it a boot-full the moment he saw the bus in front move. Unfortunately, he didn't brake soon enough.

The windshield of the bus that I had boarded had cracked across due to the impact. A broken headlight cover and some dents were the other issues. The biggest one being the other passenger on the foot-board who had to bear the maximum brunt of the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-27012009557.jpg  

Old 12th September 2009, 10:54   #3454
BHPian

Divine Intervention....

This is not an accident from India, but this is proof that miracles DO happen. It happened this morning in Montreal. This used to be a Mazda 3, now sandwiched between two 18 wheel trailers. The fate of the driver? A cut on the forehead and a fractured arm.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1984803.jpg

The complete newspaper report...
Montreal driver walks away from horrific highway crash

MODS - Please delete if inappropriate.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:12   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
This is not an accident from India, but this is proof that miracles DO happen. It happened this morning in Montreal. This used to be a Mazda 3, now sandwiched between two 18 wheel trailers. The fate of the driver? A cut on the forehead and a fractured arm.

Attachment 189842

The complete newspaper report...
Montreal driver walks away from horrific highway crash

MODS - Please delete if inappropriate.
I can't belive that a driver was alive.Its really a bad crash and driver would be very very lucky person to be alive.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:15   #3456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
This is what I saw on my way to Ooty on 29th August. Took the photos around 7am in the morning.

Apparantly the Safari was trying to overtake the truck and had to swerve to the left to avoid an on coming vehicle. We were told people were injured. No details on the injuries.
thats a shocking sight to see a safari tumbled like this, seems the driver was in quite a good speed to hit like that.
Old 13th September 2009, 16:05   #3457
BHPian

It is easy to blame others for accident. But why we cannot intiate safer driving practices. Charity begins at home. But in India, what may come there is no thing such thing as SAFETY.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0025.jpg  

Old 13th September 2009, 19:28   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Tragedy no 3 with my Santro today: A pebble stone fell from a truck in Kalyan puri area.
Damage: windscreen crack.Car given to windshield experts.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:34   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Tragedy no 3 with my Santro today: A pebble stone fell from a truck in Kalyan puri area.
Damage: windscreen crack.Car given to windshield experts.
i think you should take her to a temple before getting her on road again
Old 13th September 2009, 20:13   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on TV. This vehicle couldn't brake on time and hit a lorry in front.
Curious: Don't these kind of vehicles have laminated windscreens that dont shtter or break off?
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00582.jpg
Old 13th September 2009, 21:56   #3461
BANNED

A NHC coming at around 70-80 slams this Swift Dzire at 90 degrees.The Honda was completely gone including the front passenger compartment .Also the honda had a curved shape to it along its length .The Dzire has taken a massive hit ,both the front passengers are said to be in serious condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00052-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00053-medium.jpg  

Old 13th September 2009, 22:06   #3462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
A NHC coming at around 70-80 slams this Swift Dzire at 90 degrees.The Honda was completely gone including the front passenger compartment .Also the honda had a curved shape to it along its length.
Where are the pics of the Honda?
Old 13th September 2009, 22:35   #3463
BANNED

^Cops came so had to leave.
Old 13th September 2009, 22:35   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Thats a gruesome accident. The Dzire looks very very badly smashed.
Am interested in seeing NHC pics, do you have them. It must have been very heavily damaged as the body shell is quite weak compared to earlier City, hope the Dzire guys are safe.

Seems the accident happened on a intersection where both cars were speeding through without on a lookout for others.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:36   #3465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Seems the accident happened on a intersection where both cars were speeding through without on a lookout for others.
And yet, when one slows for an intersection, some driver behind will honk as if you are mad!

Most Viewed