Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 13:37   #35416
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Hello Bhpians.... This is my first post in team-bhp even though I've been around for at least 5 years and a regular reader of this thread. I just got my membership approved.

Here is a CCTV footage from my home camera showing a tragic accident that occurred few meters away from my home last Saturday evening by 6:45 PM. Not sure how one will be able to escape in such a scenario. The lady pillion rider on the bike died on spot. Not exactly sure about the condition of the bike driver. (The video is zoomed and trimmed hence won't be clear)

bajoseph04 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 13:51   #35417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajoseph04 View Post
Here is a CCTV footage from my home camera showing a tragic accident that occurred few meters away from my home last Saturday evening by 6:45 PM. Not sure how one will be able to escape in such a scenario. The lady pillion rider on the bike died on spot. Not exactly sure about the condition of the bike driver. (The video is zoomed and trimmed hence won't be clear)

https://Youtu.be/R8AwINs-uPE
What a hard luck for the family. No fault of theirs and still they paid a price for something. May her soul rest in peace.

For the truck, any idea for the reason behind this? Was the truck not in good shape and lost breaks? Or was the truck driver under influence? Is he arrested?
sunilch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:15   #35418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajoseph04 View Post
(The video is zoomed and trimmed hence won't be clear)
Oh my god. Unfortunate and totally at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This reminded me of another video, shared few days ago by Cyberabad Traffic Police.

That crane and the van came exactly at the same time and it looked as if, the crane came just to pluck the kid from the van. Who would've expected that

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 20th June 2022 at 15:25.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:08   #35419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
What a hard luck for the family. No fault of theirs and still they paid a price for something. May her soul rest in peace.

For the truck, any idea for the reason behind this? Was the truck not in good shape and lost breaks? Or was the truck driver under influence? Is he arrested?
I could hear people around the spot saying that the truck driver was drunk. He should have been arrested I guess not sure though. I handed over the CCTV footage to the traffic inspector who was looking for one in the area. Nothing can compensate the loss of a life. Even I couldn't resist tears looking at the lady's son (a youngster in his twenties) breaking down and fainting in the spot. All I can say is, it was their day to be a victim. If the biker would have speeded ahead, they might have possibly escaped. God knows.
bajoseph04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 19:02   #35420
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Found a video about a collision between Creta and Kushaq:

Looks like Skoda has degraded its build quality.
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 07:20   #35421
Ice
BHPian

Stupid driving led to an avoidable crash during yesterday’s rains near Sunguvarchathiram on the Blr-Chn highway. I was on the right lane behind a bus which was lining up to overtake a trailered truck.

A Swift, thoroughly misinformed about the road conditions and the gap between the bis and the truck tried to outgun the bus from the left lane and squeeze between the truck ahead of him, and the bus. He came to his senses and dropped anchor once he realised he wasn’t going to make the gap. He was only misinformed.

A Figo was misintentioned. He was tailgating the Swift, and rammed into him when the Swift braked to avoid its own calamity.

There was a large thud, and some bruised egos and body panels, but nothing else. It could have been much, much worse.
Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 07:59   #35422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
I may be wrong, but seems like both the car's held up well in this full frontal crash, with no visible damage to the A-Pillars, Door Panels, Windshields etc. The Crumple Zones did their work properly, and it shows a good build quality in both the vehicles by not transferring the impact to the passenger cabin. Just my two cents on the highlighted part of the post, again I may have interpreted the sentence or video wrongly, but just my views!
AdityaDeane is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:44   #35423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Please don't judge a car based on how it looks after an accident, especially in such cases where both vehicles don't 'appear' to have cabin intrusion.

They key is how much of the crash energy was absorbed by the vehicle and NOT transferred to the occupants which is what tests like GNCAP measure. Looking at the image of the Creta after the GNCAP test, one can make arguments for and against just looking at the image as the cabin seems intact, but we all know the end result.
Name:  HyundaiCretaresult.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  128.0 KB

Now the Kushaq might be equally bad or better but one cannot come to a conclusion just looking at such pictures.
fiat_tarun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:55   #35424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post

That crane and the van came exactly at the same time and it looked as if, the crane came just to pluck the kid from the van. Who would've expected that
What a bad luck, poor fellow. To make things even bad, the kid was facing to the other side of the road and the crane came from another
trave11er is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 17:29   #35425
Senior - BHPian

A 31-year-old woman, returning from work on her scooter, was run over by a private bus in Tamil Nadu's Thanjavur. The driver of the bus was caught and beaten up by commuters and local residents for reckless driving.

The woman identified as Akilandeswari died after she went under the wheels of the bus. She was dragged 200 metres before the speeding bus came to a halt, hitting a car. Several other commuters were lucky to have escaped unhurt.

The incident was caught on several CCTV cameras.

A group of commuters and local residents then dragged the driver out and beat him up. They alleged that the driver was drunk. Soon after, the police reached the spot and took the driver into custody.

According to Tamil Nadu DGP, 4.22 lakh cases of drunken driving have been recorded between January 2019 and February 2020. Since 2018, 262 people have lost their lives in such incidents.
Source

funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 18:23   #35426
BHPian

Happened near Gubbi, Tumkur.

Not sure, if its a single lane road or divided road. Looks like an Innova or XL6.

https://www.udayavani.com/english-ne...everal-injured
Old 21st June 2022, 19:02   #35427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Not sure, if its a single lane road or divided road. Looks like an Innova or XL6.
It's a Tata Aria as seen in some videos up there in YouTube. Also a snippet from the video, ghastly crash. Looks like the bus jumped over the divider and came on the way of the car. How many such accidents do we come across.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  24.0 KB

Sad to see people die for no mistake of theirs.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 19:59   #35428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Sad to see people die for no mistake of theirs.
My dad was a newspaper editor, and I bet he wrote some great headlines. He had a great knack of encapsulating stuff into a thought-provoking few words. This is one of his driving lessons. So much in it...

Fifty percent of all accidents are the other person's fault.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 23:52   #35429
BHPian

I came across a minor accident last Saturday on NH-16. A biker rear ended a Grand i10. Luckily, this was a low speed collision. Except for the biker who suffered minor bruises to his elbow and knee, no one else was hurt.

Here is the dashcam footage

furyrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:22   #35430
BHPian

This does not inspire a lot of hope and confidence. A Leopard is hit and dragged under the bonnet and struggles to free itself before dashing off with a severely skinned back.
Location as per reports is Nashik - Pune Highway

https://twitter.com/susantananda3/st...ium%3DReferral
Arun yadav is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed