Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:37   #35656
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Cyberabad Traffic Police posted a similar video today.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:52   #35657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Yes, this is where and how he lost it. He took that slight curve in all adverse conditions. Must have never thought the vehicle would behave it that way in those conditions. Hard way to learn though! 4 lives lost to save 1.
He definitely avoided the speed breaker and then gets on to the cleared lane. He would have done this many times in past and succeeded, but things went wrong this time - the rain water, late sighting of the cow, etc.. forcing to steer and then brake leading to disaster.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:54   #35658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Cyberabad Traffic Police posted a similar video today.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=kH4zGT3zxt8
This is so right on target video shared by you on the forum. Thanks.

It shows clearly what are the issues with braking at high speeds and what happened to the ambulance that day.

This car didn’t hydroplane. It just skidded without any reduction in speed. So scary More so, when I have driven on this stretch today on ORR in very similar conditions at 80 km/hr (well within 100 km/hr speed limit). Return will be slower, provided I don't see others zooming ahead precariously close to my slow vehicle!
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:13   #35659
BHPian

16 Year old succumbs to grievous injuries sustained during race car training in Coimbatore

Naman, A 16 year old, From Gurgoan was in Coimbatore for training in racing cars, He was training on a LGB1300 Race car, When he reportedly lost control of his car which veered off track and crashed.

A very tragic and unfortunate news, Has left motor racing enthusiasts in the city shocked. This brings up a lot of questions regarding safety of such cars, and what more should be done to avoid such mishaps in the future.

Personally, I am not sure what exactly happened there, but couldnt help but think what if there was a "Halo", like in F1 and F2 cars, I know its very very expensive, But am pretty sure not at the cost of human life.

Link to the news article:
https://simplicity.in/coimbatore/eng...-in-Coimbatore
JShah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:06   #35660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
He would have done this many times in past and succeeded, but things went wrong this time.
This is the problem with being lucky. It encourages pushing the boundaries without learning the skills.

Of course, we all need some luck. Just, we shouldn't come to rely on it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:13   #35661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
I don't take my kid even on my bike except for school, which is close by.

Attachment 2337150
Sir, with both hands folded, please avoid this. Our roads and driving manners just doesn't allow this combination of a kid in a 2 wheeler. Having recently seen such a disturbing video in this very thread would recommend to take your kid either in your car or by walk if school is nearby.
vivekkp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:20   #35662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Sir, with both hands folded, please avoid this.
Sure, the school is not even 100metres from home and with very minimal traffic, as there are barricades due to which heavy vehicles don't take that route, so I do.

But I never take beyond school. Either Car or by walk only strictly.

You may be wondering, why a bike for such a close distance. Kid !!!

We have people on roads, who drive as if, they have nothing to lose.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 22nd July 2022 at 16:28.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 11:12   #35663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post

A cow came in front of the emergency gate and he had to brake. Not sure if this is the truth. Police to verify the claim.
This is true. The cow can be seen in another video from different angle.
I put the blame of this entire incident on the toll gate staff.
How callous must they be to let an animal settle on the Tollgate lane, even if it is not an emergency exit lane? That was, IMHO, the major component in this entire saga, coupled with rain and the speed of the vehicle [Can't complain about the speed as only the driver knows what the situation was, in the ambulance]
FORTified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:25   #35664
BHPian

Saw this in the morning on NICE road at Hemmigepura (near Kengeri). Both axles of a truck have come clean off, almost cartoonishly! No idea if anyone was hurt or what caused it.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truckaccident1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truckaccident2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truckaccident3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-truckaccident4.jpg

Name:  TruckAccident5.JPG
Views: 682
Size:  71.7 KB
lordrayden is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 16:19   #35665
Distinguished - BHPian

Very similar to the accident that a BHPian caught on dashcam.

I don't understand why the media points out as "KSRTC bus drivers carelessness" rather than a gruesome act of roadrage or rash driving. No news about the action taken against the bus driver. It was like any ordinary news

Unfortunately the pillion was killed.
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:27   #35666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AmpnAVjXLBI

I don't understand why the media points out as "KSRTC bus drivers carelessness" rather than a gruesome act of roadrage or rash driving. No news about the action taken against the bus driver. It was like any ordinary news

This is no accident. There's another word for this. Manslaughter.
asmr is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:33   #35667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Saw this in the morning on NICE road at Hemmigepura (near Kengeri). Both axles of a truck have come clean off, almost cartoonishly! No idea if anyone was hurt or what caused it.
That's rare for sure. My guess is the trucks brakes were much stronger than it's suspension points.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:20   #35668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

Attachment 2337527
Intriguing scene! front axle is lying behind the rear axle. One tyre on the front axle seems to have burst.
I think the tyre burst might have triggered the whole chain of events.
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:34   #35669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

More likely he just wanted to teach them a lesson for driving in middle of the road as when he swerved around the scooter he knew there was a scooter then he just suddenly forgot while suddenly swerving back in and unfortunately in that process he just killed a person.

The only thing that can be done in such situations is using rear view mirror and steer clear of bigger vehicles.

Last edited by revvharder : 23rd July 2022 at 18:36.
revvharder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 18:43   #35670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
A cow came in front of the emergency gate and he had to brake. Not sure if this is the truth. Police to verify the claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
This is true. The cow can be seen in another video from different angle.
I put the blame of this entire incident on the toll gate staff.
How callous must they be to let an animal settle on the Tollgate lane, even if it is not an emergency exit lane? That was, IMHO, the major component in this entire saga, coupled with rain and the speed of the vehicle [Can't complain about the speed as only the driver knows what the situation was, in the ambulance]
If you see the video, there was a barricade that had to be removed, BEFORE the cow came into play and the speed of approach was surely way beyond reasonable for the conditions. Unless there was a green corridor setup, and the police were co-coordinating for an uninterrupted passage, one can't simply zoom like this person did.

There are multiple parties who could have contributed to the mishap, the cow, the toll operator, NHAI(water logging) etc. At the end of the day, as a driver one needs to drive within the limits of the vehicle and road conditions.

This is not the blame the driver, rather a reflection on the state of driver training in our country. For ex: how many of us have ever done emergency braking in controlled conditions (forget about panic situations)? Without this necessary awareness of the vehicle capability, dynamics that combined with stressful situation (wet road, patient needing attention etc.), the end result can only be tragic.
whitewing is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks