Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 13:13   #35701
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A different kind of accident caught on my car's dash cam! When I saw these three guys coming side by side, I slowed down much before & then this happened! Thankfully the guy was fine, he got up on his own.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=sJQJ4NL_1f8

We're lucky that this is the worst crash you've captured at eco park. I use to love going there in the past but now it seems to attract all kinds of hooligans.
brohanv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 14:16   #35702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Attachment 2338248

Attachment 2338249

....he roads are too good and that you can simply get carried away if you do not hold yourselves back. Except there is this small portion in the stretch where the main road is closed and gets diverted to a lane beside.
The potholes, bumpiness and shoddy quality of roadwork isn't mentioned many times when these accidents are covered by media.
In my opinion, these are the leading causes of accidents. I have been on the highway so many times in Maharashtra (Pune-Solapur, Pune-Satara especially) where there are potholes the size of basketballs.
Even at 80 KMPH, one cannot slow down quickly enough to minimize the damage to the car as well as hope that the car behind reacts quickly and follows suit without bumping into me.

The Honourable MoRTH should focus on this rather than bringing absurd rules like 6 airbags which do nothing if the structure holding those 6 airbags can't withstand simple blows.

Sad that people have to lose their lives for mistake of others.
turbospooler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 21:42   #35703

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohanv View Post
We're lucky that this is the worst crash you've captured at eco park. I use to love going there in the past but now it seems to attract all kinds of hooligans.
I totally agree. I used to go there literally every weekend for a quick drive and it was so peaceful and serene but unfortunately now it has become pathetic. Bikers without helmets with really loud fake Akrapovic, SC project & PVC pipes or what not riding really fast on roads where there are families and kids out for evening stroll is extremely risky. What makes it worse is no cops within the park to keep a check on these rash riders.
AjitSen6333 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 07:17   #35704
BHPian

Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

sparky@home is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 08:35   #35705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone. If you look at most of them, they're more of a nuisance than of any help. Just having a subscriber base of lakhs but acting like this doesn't make sense. When one is driving on our highways and has already seen stray cattle on the road, one should be extra cautious. No idea if he was filming at time of incident or not but today this has happened, later someone else can suffer due to this. A little lapse of concentration can be extremely dangerous, and can be fatal for others too. Why to endanger own or other road user's life?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th July 2022 at 08:41.
BoneCollector is offline   (217) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:34   #35706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone. If you look at most of them, they're more of a nuisance than of any help. Just having a subscriber base of lakhs but acting like this doesn't make sense. When one is driving on our highways and has already seen stray cattle on the road, one should be extra cautious. No idea if he was filming at time of incident or not but today this has happened, later someone else can suffer due to this. A little lapse of concentration can be extremely dangerous, and can be fatal for others too. Why to endanger own or other road user's life?
I am in full agreement, these guys do put safety aside for filming, there are so many of them. He is lucky to have survived, hope he has learnt his lesson.
sparky@home is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:36   #35707
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
I have seen some of his videos. He almost always drives with one hand on the steering wheel and a camera on the other. He met with an accident some 20 days ago also. He has not even invested in a dashcam.

While one feels sad for any vehicle damage and loss of life (I am sure the cow would have died), but I will say majority of these youtuber guys are always thinking of content and capturing the moment rather than just safe driving. There are hundreds of comments in his channel where the subscribers have told him to drive safely and not hold a camera in one hand. In the accident this youtuber had some 20 days ago there is no video evidence but he kept saying there was a pothole. In this crash too there is no video evidence and he has said a cow came. Even if one believes him, no reason for driving at triple digit speeds, managing the vehicle with one hand on roads that can have potholes or stray animals.

About same is the case with e comm delivery people. Rarely is any of them following rules. The business of 10 minute delivery has made life of the delivery person unsafe. Period.

In Bangalore common citizens can upload images of wrong parking etc on the traffic police portal. I do wish this kind of totally unsafe driving is also something common citizens should be able to upload images of to traffic police and insurance company portals. This should then be connected to the insurance premiums. There is a serious need for people to drive safe. No amount of content creation and enhancing follower base can substitute for life or serious injuries.

On the same wavelength, no amount of speedy delivery should become a metric for getting series A or B or C funding when the business model itself is insisting on speed of delivery. I do hope investors stop seeing this metric and insist on number of road accidents reports and decrease the funding because of life safety concerns of the delivery partners.

For this I commend Team-Bhp for very strictly enforcing safe driving. Any mention of alcohol or any pictures of overspeeding etc always gets the goat of other colleagues, follow petroheads and certainly the moderators.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:43   #35708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. The way he drives is the issue. You're a vlogger, you're famous doesn't mean that you should use one hand for driving and one for holding mobile phone.
Quote:
He is lucky to have survived, hope he has learnt his lesson.
Nothing will change. If you look at the comments on the video, most of them are praising how he maintained his composure instead of calling out his stupidity. He is already milking the accident by posting more videos.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2022 at 09:31. Reason: Your post has been split, as ArTigor's post has been moved to a new thread.
Jaguar is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:52   #35709
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
He should be given an award which says biggest moron on this planet. This guy has a massive crash, he himself is injured, but instead of calling the police/ambulance/highway patrol what this guys says, "I don't know what to do". But no first I will create a vlog out of this. His car is in the middle of the road, the first thing which should be done is to call the patrolling guys or police and get that vehicle out of the way. I have absolutely zero sympathy for such idiots. It's high time youtube starts banning such channels. There are tons of so-called vloggers who will go to any extreme stupidity for some views. Then if this is not enough there is this new generation of TikToker idiots in the form of Instagram reels.

God help the traffic sense in this country.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:03   #35710
BHPian

Low cost data, easy access to mobile phones capable of shooting quality videos and the urge to become popular all are the ingredients for this kind of behavior.

There are so many good YouTube channels which have very minimal views but simple road rage videos will have millions of views and the worst part is, YouTube pays per views not by quality of content.

I wish YouTube changes its monetary policy to pay as per content quality as well. Though its a huge effort but it at least prevents the next generation from becoming dumb.

Content moderation is required at least at some level to ensure, YouTube doesn't become a dump yard of junk.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:51   #35711
BHPian

3 die on the spot in a gruesome accident in Kurnool, AP.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th July 2022 at 09:03. Reason: sport > spot
MercFan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 13:27   #35712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
3 die on the spot in a gruesome accident in Kurnool, AP.
As per newspaper article, it's a tyre burst and they hit a stationary truck.

Looking like Toyota Etios Liva, from the alloy wheels and color.

Andhra Pradesh: Three killed, three others injured in road accident in Kurnool - The Hindu

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th July 2022 at 09:04. Reason: Quoted post edited.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 13:40   #35713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability.
Sorry, but not sure what 'solid reliability' has to do with safety in this case. Even if it was another car with good safety features and built quality without being very reliable, it would have performed same or better.
sunikkat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 13:41   #35714
BHPian

A particularly chilling incident that unfolded right in front of my eyes today morning.

I was commuting to my workplace, taking some inner rural roads to avoid traffic. As you can see in the video, all was well and I was happily motoring behind another car in front. An i20 passes on the other lane and just behind it was a scooter. I suppose the ladies riding the scooter didn't see the huge pothole, probably due to the car in front and they went full throttle into it. I was alerted by the zigzagging of the two-wheeler and thanked my stars that I could stop in time and avoid a collision with them. I literally saw the older lady at the back slapping her head on the tarmac like a rag doll and that was super scary. Her commitment to wearing a helmet in spite of being a co-passenger really saved her life. I got down after pulling over and they were alright except for a few minor bruises and being visibly shaken. They were lucky that there was no vehicle behind them.

To all of those who are watching this, please ensure the following:
1. Wear a helmet always while riding a two-wheeler. The amount of twist and force with which they struck the tarmac inspite of a not so high-speed crash was appalling. Please protect yourself.
2. Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front so that you can have a clear view of the road conditions ahead. We have craters for potholes filled with water which are very difficult to identify.
GKR9900 is offline   (83) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 14:12   #35715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
As per newspaper article, it's a tyre burst and they hit a stationary truck.

Looking like Toyota Etios Liva, from the alloy wheels and color.
That is an elite i20 facelift.
DRIV3R is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks