Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 03:22   #35746
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LW0h9Dky6dg
Humble request to the mods to remove the link and hence the video from TBhp.
All this is doing is increasing the watch count for this idiotic driver and hence, serving the purpose of this “wants views behaviour”.
Let’s put a stop to this by not watching such illegal and dangerous behaviour by these VLoggers.

Don’t let these people use our forum to gain views please.

Note: I have been over smart and replaced the actual link details. Go Figure 😂
DevilzzzzOwn is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 08:03   #35747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
A particularly chilling incident that unfolded right in front of my eyes today morning.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=fTXP34yE8YI
The Scooter looks like Hero Maestro. The front brake simply locks in place on a slight press of brake pedal. I used to own one and all my family members had a fall on it. Sold it off due to this condition.
dsuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:07   #35748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Another blind spot accident

Two women narrowly escape from being run down by a lorry in Tamil Nadu.

[/url]
Slow speed really saved those two. And the driver of tipper applied brakes pretty quickly it would seem.

Those two are really lucky. What can one do in their shoes?
Old 30th July 2022, 10:41   #35749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
If it's a pothole then slow down and ride on.
Not sure how common this technique is, but I don't swerve when the roads are wet. I use the lofting technique, if I can see the pothole ahead of time. Load the front suspension using front brakes and let go just before the pothole. One can add to the loft by pulling on the handlebar, or accelerating a tiny bit.

That said, it only works on small potholes and not craters.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:21   #35750
BHPian

Quote:
What can one do in their shoes?
Stay well away from heavy vehicles if you're on a two wheeler. Ride behind them at a good distance, preferably to the left. Also keep in mind that if you cannot see the driver through their mirror they probably cannot see you either.

In this instance the lady was riding in the lorry driver's blind spot, and to add there was not way for her to see if the driver had turned on his indicators. For sure measures need to be taken to reduce such blind spots and the driver needs to be more wary, but at the end of the day the ones on a two-wheeler are at way more risk and therefore it's them who needs to be careful.
sravankrishnan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 14:01   #35751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What can one do in their shoes?
My rule of thumb when on a two wheeler is "If you can't see the driver, you are in their blind spot".

And I believe the onus is on the two wheeler to avoid being in a large vehicle's blind spot both because the highest impact is likely to be for the two wheeler and also because the size of the blind spot for a lorry/ bus is too big for the driver to mitigate.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:35   #35752
BHPian

Just back from morning ride to Krishnagiri Dam and Murugan Idli and caught this accident on dashcam near Hosur.

I'm surprised to see, no one wears helmet in Hosur area, Bangalore is far better. Be double cautious.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 09:25   #35753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I have followed quite a few of his videos with great interest.

I always thought he was posting videos from his dashcam. What was this nonsense of holding a phone with his left hand and driving a Fortuner with just one hand on a highway?

I will not believe that he hit a cow unless there is video evidence.
Absolutely correct. I was also following this youtuber for quite a few days and this video popped up. There are many such youtubers of his own group doing so, vlogging while driving even with family onboard.

I cannot believe this guy as each time he had an accident there is no fault of his! These so called car lovers and driving enthusiasts are a menace on the road and should be strictly dealt with by traffic police.

Other day I was watching a video of another such million followers youtuber, he even didnt know how to recharge fasttag, he literally stalled the traffic behind telling the toll guy that he has balance in his fasttag! Such a shame these guys are to the driving community.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:08   #35754
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber.
I am feeling bad that I saw the video adding to his views count and making him richer . The driving style is extremely reckless considering he drives with one hand and holding the phone with the other. The insurance company should deny the accident claim looking at the previous videos of the owner.
adi.mariner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:16   #35755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post

It is highly unlikely that he hit a cow. If it was a cow, it would have surely died and first the villagers would have got hold of him for compensation. None of that is visible in the video and it looks like the accident happened minutes back when he started recording. No blood or sign of cow either.
Most probably he hit rear of a truck.
You are absolutely correct.

I had the misfortune of car hitting animals twice.
First time I was coming from temple at night in my Maruti Esteem and a cow suddenly came really fast from the left side bushes and hit my car from the side. I could literally do nothing in this scenario. Thankfully damage was only to the car, cow got up and left and as i was belted i didn't suffered any injuries. Just thanked God for saving me and the cow. This was around 20 years back. My speed was barely 30-40 so that was a also a big factor.

Second time, around 9-10years back I was coming back from gym at 9 in night and somehow I completely missed a Bull coming from my left. Maybe cos electricity was out for all sector and it was pitch dark and bull is also quite black, I don't know, it just happened and I couldn't spot him in car headlights. Last moment when I saw him I swerved and tried to save us both but unfortunately the left front Side hit him. This time again speed was barely 20-30 as i was approaching an intersection. Car was Tata Manza and it did take bit of damage, bull was also hurt in his right leg but he shook it off and went away. For days I was upset with myself for hitting an innocent animal due to my fault. This is why I am extra careful on highways and city to look out for stray animals.

So, coming back to this fortuner accident. No way he hit a cow. He was easily doing 100+ judging by the tyre marks when he braked. In all his videos he is usually doing 130+. So if he had hit any animal at that speed no way that animal could survive. We can't see any animal in his video. Plus the extensive damage to fortuner clearly suggests he had hit another vehicle. Which like you said has to be rear of a truck.

If I can guess he must be vlogging and missed a stationary truck and realised last moment, tried to save himself but speed was high so he couldn't. My theory gains more belief when we realize he didn't post any video just before the accident, he is always shooting while driving so he definitely has the video. But, this time he knows he will be held liable and truth will surface if he will post video just before the crash.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:32   #35756
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
One of the most distracted drivers on this planet. Shame on this idiot. He is not only putting his life in danger but also life of everyone else on road in danger. Throughout this video there were so many instances when he could have crashed due to not looking on the road ahead.

Insurance company should deny his claim after watching how irresponsibly he is driving the car. Enough of proof in his videos.

Last edited by steadfast : 31st July 2022 at 11:37.
steadfast is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:32   #35757
BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
I saw the video. The fellow is a moron. He had a lunch just before the accident. That's the first indication that his reaction time was compromised, and driving with one hand when you know there are obstacles is insane. Had his senses been alert, he would have taken evasive action, rather than apply brakes. He should know what is the dead stop distance for his vehicle.

My heart is with the unfortunate cow which would have certainly lost its life in the hands of the moron. I can only hope that the death was instantaneous.

The lesson is clear, remaining alert is the name of the game and your speed should be according to your state of alertness and known problems of the road. In this case, he failed on all the counts.
pd1108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:32   #35758
BHPian

Even I have a feeling that it is highly unlikely he hit a cow. Must be some solid object. He never even mentioned if the cow died or walked away. Insurance company should investigate into the matter.

Also completely agree that these idiots should be heavily fined just for the way they hold the mobile camera and record while driving, be it city or highway. Ample evidence of the same from their own videos. Utterly irresponsible. What kind of benchmarks these so called "influencers" are creating for the young guys who are about to start driving.

I can't help but laugh that this guy did not had a dashcam installed, despite of him being on a such a long road trip. And this is the same guy who would head towards Karol Bagh just to get some better quality mats installed so that the car doesn't get dirty. Looks like a Brand Deal could not go through with the dashcam company, or with an Auto Accessory shop. Sad.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:46   #35759
BHPian

Or he would've crashed on to some wall/parked vehicle voluntarily to gain some popularity.

I've seen another YouTuber who attempted All India Tour for increasing his revenue stream and viewer base, met with an accident near Bihar and he made so many emotional videos after that.

YouTube revenue looks like shortcut for many, youth should focus on having a regular job and YouTube revenue should be secondary or tertiary source of income only.

Only when YouTube revenue becomes primary source, and if they see some revenue dropping due to various factors, they are desperate to do some stunts to increase revenue in those times of need.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 15:08   #35760
BHPian

Quote:
I am in full agreement, these guys do put safety aside for filming, there are so many of them. He is lucky to have survived, hope he has learnt his lesson.
If I were a youtuber, I would use help of a good clamp for holding camera in car or use help of a friend. I wonder if he will get the insurance or can it be denied based on risky driving he was doing? We need to be more cautious while driving on Highways because speeds are high and reaction time is less even if you are driving safely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks