Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 09:13   #35776
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Nothing will change. If you look at the comments on the video, most of them are praising how he maintained his composure instead of calling out his stupidity. He is already milking the accident by posting more videos.
I agree he is using this post for earning more views and money. The video here although posted for awareness/informational purposes only would surely help increasing his views.
SinghBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 09:37   #35777
Senior - BHPian

A 1 million view video posted from India on youtube may earn a revenue of $-800-$1000. So for this video he may earn approx Rs 75,000. Most of his videos averages 1/3 of the views he got for the accident video. If you consider the expenses for cross country trip with a large SUV like Fortuner, I don't think he will be earning big profits from these videos. This guy looks like is already rich and is doing this for kick and fame.
Old 1st August 2022, 12:01   #35778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Came across this accident on you tube. The car apparently was being driven by the owner, a Youtuber. He survived just due to the car he was in, a Fortuner, solid reliability. This mishap could happen to anyone when the stray cows charge into your path. The car took a big hit, close call.

https://Youtu.be/LWr0Kbkyxdg
Too many holes in his story. Glad he is safe. Just curious, can't his claim be denied, since he is mostly driving with camera in a hand, and all of this is in public domain. A claim denied, might dissuade quite a few folks from focussing more on camera and less on the steering and the road.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:44   #35779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
I agree he is using this post for earning more views and money.
Can we please just STOP discussing bad-driver youtubers and thus further publicising them? The conversation has gone on many times longer than the actual accident itself warranted.

From me, this is just a personal request, but I hope the mods will agree and take some action. That of course is entirely up them.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 05:04. Reason: As requested
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:33   #35780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Excellent observation!. But knowing this vlogger, he will very soon come up with a 'detailed' video on what 'exactly' happened.

Sounds nice doing all this vlogging and all that, but the line of stupidity is very thin. This is no different to falling off a cliff or straight into a waterfall while trying to take a selfie.
Here it is:

Maybe he is saying the truth? Check the extreme left down below. In that case the damage looks unbelievable on a Fortuner!.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20220801-182848.jpg  

Nalin1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:55   #35781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
Some screenshots from the highlights of his Mumbai trip with XUV 700, lots of going wrong in these pictures if you notice.
Attachment 2340502
I agree with you on this.
Although I do not follow him on other social media platforms, I remember seeing updates around very high-speed driving.

I have seen some of his videos from XUV500 roof-top-tent days since I have got one. Immediately after a couple of videos, I felt like he doesn't have any valuable content with some useful information to others and how come he is still got such a large following!

I watched a few more videos since he got the M&M Thar and XUV 700, to see if there's any valuable information about Thar which I've got recently. None. In fact, I hated him when he started bashing XUV 700, all toxicity about the car and the product.

I stopped watching this and couple other youtubers. However, I feel deceived by the YT platform itself, they keep pushing these and similar YT episodes. Also, the tag lines and thumbnails these guys are using are something that I end up clicking on the video to see if any interesting information out there. I guess this is a total fault of mine. Even while I'm trying to remain very critical and very conscious about my time and content that I should be watching, I fall for few of these episodes every few days (I need more awareness); just by looking at the number of views, comments, likes on such videos, I was trying to imagine the number of people watching such youtubers, following them, riding and travelling with them virtually, it leaves a lasting impression on viewers and how they conduct themselves when they travel or ride. This makes them very influential to vast majority of their followers and I totally agree with other bhpians who mentioned that YT should renumerate them based on the quality of their content and not the number of views or viewers.

Tyre marks with some debris behind the car for brief distance, no evidence around cow was hit, there are good chances that he may have hit a slow-moving truck ahead while busy shooting with one hand and that 'may' explain the injury on one hand, but I don't want to speculate many things here. I saw a recent video and he goes again driving Thar with one while shooting in busy traffic, no lessons leant so far but that's just my observation, guess I got addicted to his accident videos too (just like this thread). I hope the insurance company takes a note of all of these, questions him and ensures that he doesn't put himself and others at risk by continuing to do same mistakes.
Old 1st August 2022, 20:00   #35782
BHPian

This turned up in my news feed.

Swift driver swerves to avoid hitting biker. Drift pro max!

electro-monk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:35   #35783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro-monk View Post
This turned up in my news feed.

I'm not sure I feel warm and fuzzy about this near-miss. It's good no one was hurt ultimately; but to avoid hitting an at-fault biker, the Swift's driver lost control and nearly hurt himself and his car's occupants. A taller car would have definitely rolled over in the process. Moreover, the out of control car could've then mowed down unlucky bystanders and/or faultless motorists.

Heavy vehicle drivers are said to be trained to take out one life if it means saving scores of others - is this true or not and are heavy vehicles drivers trained at all in India, I'm not sure.

It also bears asking if the Swift was being oversped in these road conditions. When the biker first looked over his shoulder prior to crossing over, he didn't perceive the approaching car at all in his field of vision. If the car was being driven too fast, it is possible that the biker had no chance to begin with.
locusjag is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:54   #35784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro-monk View Post

https://Youtu.be/PzbRBfY737A
This gets my goat. This is the moment where non-violence becomes moot. So much nonchalancy by the biker, he doesn't care even a bit about his own life.

Everyday I have to bear stupidity by bikers mostly while turning, when they will try to squeeze inside the inner turning radius.
Sran is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:10   #35785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post

It also bears asking if the Swift was being oversped in these road conditions. When the biker first looked over his shoulder prior to crossing over, he didn't perceive the approaching car at all in his field of vision. If the car was being driven too fast, it is possible that the biker had no chance to begin with.
Overspeeding or not, it's responsibility of the rider / driver joining the road to check before merging. That moron on bike didn't bother to check before crossing the road, guess his two braincells were busy riding the bike. Glad to see car and it's occupants safe, no sympathy towards the biker, he just dodged one accident here. I'm pretty sure he'll keep on riding like this in near future.
Akshay6988 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 00:12   #35786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I discourage my biker friends on long distance road trips. Soon I would only do the grocery shopping on my bike.
May be I am wrong, but I tend to disagree with this view based on whatever data I have seen, including the reports posted in this very thread ever since. It is usually in these grocery and short trips where most accidents happens when compared to the ones in long drives. No?
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 02:12   #35787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
May be I am wrong, but I tend to disagree with this view based on whatever data I have seen, including the reports posted in this very thread ever since. It is usually in these grocery and short trips where most accidents happens when compared to the ones in long drives. No?
Agreed. I merely meant the grocery shoppings where only taking bikes are feasible. Taking cars to nearby grocery stories would involve parking difficulties/impossibilities. Just the 'needs vs wants' kind of things.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:00   #35788
BHPian

Quote:

Heavy vehicle drivers are said to be trained to take out one life if it means saving scores of others - is this true or not and are heavy vehicles drivers trained at all in India, I'm not sure.
Not sure but heavy vehicle might be intended for top-heavy lorries/buses/semis, maybe not for nimble small cars.
Plus there were no pedestrians there. If hit, the biker would've definitely died. If he swerved, the car might have flipped and/or hit other vehicles but not humans, resulting in injuries only to himself. So I think he did the right thing.
But of course it wouldn't be possible to analyse all this in that moment.

But I agree with the overspeeding part.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:13   #35789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heavy vehicle drivers are said to be trained to take out one life if it means saving scores of others
This is a famous thought experiment in ethics theory; I doubt it is actually practiced. Just that it comes up nowadays in the context of self-driving cars.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:13   #35790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Excellent observation!. But knowing this vlogger, he will very soon come up with a 'detailed' video on what 'exactly' happened.
I hate to say it, but at the rate this guy indulges in road accidents (first XUV700, then 2 already on his Fortuner), I'm starting to consider whether he has started making money out of accidents and selling off cars. Assuming views/revenue for at least 4 videos of accidents/repairs/explanations etc. then 4 more videos for Buying new car/selling old car/explanations etc. would off set any repair/depreciation and equal hefty profits!

I wont be surprised if he would be selling his Fortuner shortly for some absurd reason like "maut ki machine" and buying ScorpioN or Safari
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks