Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 11:09   #36841
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A kid being short, can hurt his/her throat seriously.

Really one should commend the driver's alertness in this situation.

I struggle to comprehend the actual purpose of a sunroof in a car, either from a user experience or safety standpoint.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 11:15   #36842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
What's the lesson here? Them making him stand instead of laying him flat?
You shouldn't move an accident victim unless you are a qualified medical professional or first aider. The extent of injuries is unknown and moving the victim can cause more harm than do good. The spinal cord or neck can have injuries/fractures which will worsen if the victim is moved without a neck brace or proper handling.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2022 at 14:54. Reason: As requested
adi.mariner is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 11:40   #36843
BHPian

Quote:
The extent of injuries is unknown and moving the victim can cause more harm than do good.
Also the same reason why you shouldnt give them water to drink etc.
The bike rider as usual, being the wrong, hope a case is registered against him. I was in a club ride a couple of weeks ago and same story, an auto pulled out of the side without warning and one of our riders who was about to pass hit him. No signalling that he would be coming onto the road. Dead stop, suddenly onto the road. The auto toppled over . The auto drivers response? This is how everyone comes here, dont lecture.
100Kmphormore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 14:49   #36844

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
This Audi came the same way, like the markings. I don't think it ever swerved, it was moving in a straight line, the tyres were also pointing straight throughout.
It was definitely not the Audi driver's mistake. Having said that, on Indian roads, especially on such narrow crowded stretches, ideal to cut the car speed to 20-25 kms. That would give ample time for the car driver to take evasive action even if someone were to come in it's way, like it happened. Impact would be much less and at the maximum, the bike rider would escape with a very minor injury. In all such cases, even if the car driver is following all the rules, onus on proving not guilty lies with the owner of the bigger vehicle.

Just can't help it. Better to be ultra defensive.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th November 2022 at 15:29. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
rnb34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 21:31   #36845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.kokra View Post
the car was in neutral and slipped into D without the brake pedal depressed and the car raced towards the lift.
You can move gear lever between Neutral N and Drive D without the need for pressing the brake pedal.

Same happens in Hyundai Verna.

Once slotted in D mode, car will start moving forward.
Old 15th November 2022, 22:56   #36846
BHPian

Wow what a moronic rider. Something similar happened to me on a single lane highway and I had dashcam for the rescue. Some idiotic teenagers riding triples cut blindly and came under the wheels. I have no idea how they escaped unhurt. I too had to swerve left, else they would have been crushed.

Anyways, I have seen enough such videos to make me believe never to stand on the shoulder of a highway. Stay as inside as possible or park the vehicle as inside as possible. That lady has nerves of steel. Got almost run over but still had the nerves to help the victim. Simply amazing!
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 00:40   #36847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You can move gear lever between Neutral N and Drive D without the need for pressing the brake pedal.

Same happens in Hyundai Verna.

Once slotted in D mode, car will start moving forward.
I once witnessed an interesting discussion happen between an employee and the parking lot's security guard in my previous company.

The guard asked him to leave the car in Neutral and with handbrake not engaged, before switching off the car - because it help him to push the car back and forth a little, while other cars could manoeuvre around his car to park parallel to it.

The staff insisted that the car's driver manual clearly stated that he needed to slot the gear in Park, and engage the handbrake before switching off the car.

The conversation went back and forth, before the staff just got fed up, slot in Park and set the handbrake before storming out of the parking lot.

While I empathized with the security guard, I also engaged the handbrake in my own car and ran away before he started on me.
Small Bot is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 22:58   #36848
Distinguished - BHPian

The Free Press Journal news on Twitter says that a minor girl travelling in an auto rickshaw in Aurangabad city jumped out as its driver tried to molest her. The criminal act by the auto driver left the girl perhaps with little option other than jumping out on the main road. A trailing car that stops was a bit to the right or else it would have run over the minor girl. The car is navigated well by its driver. A biker stops and the public immediately come to the rescue of the hapless victim.

https://twitter.com/fpjindia/status/...txdqEYhGg&s=19
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 00:20   #36849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Free Press Journal news on Twitter says that a minor girl travelling in an auto rickshaw in Aurangabad city jumped out as its driver tried to molest her.
Whoa. She's lucky that she fell on her bottom instead of face-first to the tarmac. Also, it seems like shock and then a delayed hysterical reaction to what could have been a very traumatic experience. Even worse when she's a minor. I hope she received proper medical attention.

Also, I hope the auto driver was at least taken into custody for inquiry. Irrespective of what might have happened, fleeing the scene of crime indicates some guilt.
Small Bot is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 02:42   #36850
BHPian

Just saw a crashed Toyota Fortuner on the way back home. The car's front end is in a really bad shape, the accident itself looked quite recent. I could not figure out how some debris ended up in my lane. The photos aren't clear enough to form theories. I could see the divider damaged from one place. No further details.

This road is notorious for overspeeding drivers. Late night + empty roads = your guess is as good as mine. The car had big aftermarket wheels and some sort of decals/vinyl wrap. Will follow up on this. This is all my dashcam could capture at night.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap2022111702h24m25s696.png

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap2022111702h26m00s685.png

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap2022111702h27m37s289.png

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th November 2022 at 16:21. Reason: Removed the (almost) repeated pictures. Thank you!
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 13:11   #36851
BHPian

Quote:
What not to do while riding and how not to HELP an injured accident victim.

Mature audience should only watch. Scary accident.
https://Youtu.be/yJYaxZhpfq0
Absolutely brutal, from what i can make of it, the bike guy is majorly in the wrong for driving into oncoming traffic like that , but i also think the audi guy should have been going slower?
I can't really make out what speed he was going at so won't make any assumptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Really one should commend the driver's alertness in this situation.

I struggle to comprehend the actual purpose of a sunroof in a car, either from a user experience or safety standpoint.
We have a 2017 City w/ a sunroof and for one it increases the ambience in the vehicle and when the car sits in the heat for a long time, it helps in dispersing warm air (as hot air rises), however it does make the cabin noisy at high speeds.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2022 at 15:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (QUOTE+) to quote and reply to multiple posts together. Thanks
jono213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 14:03   #36852
BHPian

Quote:
What not to do while riding and how not to HELP an injured accident victim.

Mature audience should only watch. Scary accident.
https://Youtu.be/yJYaxZhpfq0
Clearly it is the fault of the biker. If he had not crossed the solid line this accident would have certainly been avoided! One more lesson to motorists to stick to their lanes!
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 09:18   #36853
BHPian

This happened in Nepal, just an hour ago on my way to work.

amitjha086 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 13:14   #36854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
This happened in Nepal, just an hour ago on my way to work.

https://Youtu.be/KcOJMJ62GbY
I take it you like the 'word' moron

7 in video + 2 on the bike. Glad to see your car is safe and so are the 2 morons.
svsantosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 20:31   #36855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I take it you like the 'word' moron

7 in video + 2 on the bike. Glad to see your car is safe and so are the 2 morons.
I'd have been in very very deep s*** had my car even touched the bike. Without a video incidence, drivers of cars are made to cough out all the pennies in their pocket despite the biker's fault. Several bikers do not understand that they're alive today because somewhere some car driver showed good reflexes.
amitjha086 is online now   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed