Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 14:05   #3766
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team BHP support

Can we please restrict ourselves to posting about accident pictures and related information only.

Avoid one liners like, may they rest in peace and other such messages.
While we do understand the sentiment the purpose of this thread is
Accidents in India - PICS.

There are a lot of other threads that deal with ways to improve road safety.
We can use them to highlight issues and provide suggestions and opinions.

Thank you.

Last edited by bblost : 18th October 2009 at 18:33.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:37   #3767

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Received these from a friend after he clicked them near Krishnagiri
Heard this was the new 8 wheeler volvo and 5 people in the bus died on spot.
this volvo was travelling from Bangalore to madurai, the accident happened on Oct 3rd or on 5th, unable to recollect.

The newspapers did carry an article which stated a "private bus carrier", KPN name was no where mentioned - I am sure money was paid up for this. Also the news report said that there were 5 dead on spot and 11 injured and hospitalised, whereas the truth is that there were 11 dead on the spot and 17 injured in the hospital.

Of the 11 dead, one was a young girl who works as a teacher in my aunt's organisation. She was done with her training in Bangalore and headed back to Madurai in this ill-fated bus. She died on the spot and her body could not be identified as it was beheaded. Senior people from my aunts organisation had to rush to the spot and go through the harrowing experience of helping the cops locate the head and match it with the rest of the body. 3 days later, a memorial was held for her in Bangalore by my aunt and her organisation.

I also travel quite often between Bangalore and Coimbatore and Chennai either by KPN or Conti volvo, and every time I travel I pray hard to reach safe.

Last edited by Dippy : 14th October 2009 at 09:39. Reason: Off topic
Old 13th October 2009, 18:08   #3768
Senior - BHPian

@ abishekkalro

Regarding the KPN accident. A very close friend of mine lost his Dad in the accident and it was really a sad thing to happen since my friend was going through another bad event in his life. The accident simply added more pain to his family & loved ones.

The flight incident is really scary and annoying. The pilot should have atleast kept the passengers informed instead of giving them a shocking surprise!
Old 13th October 2009, 18:38   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

This is what I saw in SH11 when I went to Changanacherry. I took this while returning to Alleppey.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_345.jpg

Sorry, no etails of the accident though!

I was lazy to get out and so I snapped this:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image_346.jpg

That is an almost 1 and a half kilometer straight stretch with hardly any buildings, before the WagonR found this resting place!
Old 13th October 2009, 19:50   #3770
Senior - BHPian

I just went out on a walk in my colony where this santro comes at high speed playing loud bhojpuri music, honking again and again at a senior citizen driving a palio, coming from opposite side, due to narrow lanes, very little distance between the two cars to cross each other and the santro, so desperate, hits my right elbow (I was still walking) with his left OSRVM, leaving me in pain and I suspect that something wrong has happened in my elbow. Just going to the doctor for the X-ray while typing this with my slain left hand.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:57   #3771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
... The newspapers did carry an article which stated a "private bus carrier", KPN name was no where mentioned - I am sure money was paid up for this. Also the news report said that there were 5 dead on spot and 11 injured and hospitalised, whereas the truth is that there were 11 dead on the spot and 17 injured in the hospital...
Not something new for KPN. I remember an incident very long back when one of KPN's Trichy-Chennai bus got into a major accident off Perambalur. Many dead and most of the remaining passengers injured.

But, of all this, none of the papers even mentioned the name of the carried. All mentioned "private carrier"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
...Off topic - The scariest experience that I had on a travel was when I took a Jet Airways flight from Delhi to Bangalore...
More off topic: Flight from Portland, Oregon to Minneapolis on a sunny morning at 8am. NW Airlines. All get in, flight on the queue and finally on the runway for takeoff. All go and pilot gives full throttle. BOOM! Right engine make a loud noise and is not functional. Immediate abort and back to bay (no other options left, is there!)

All were thankful that this "malfunction" did not happen during the lift-off. Phew!
Old 14th October 2009, 17:46   #3772
Senior - BHPian

Saw this early in the morning at the Dairy Circle flyover. The truck was going from Christ college towards Dairy circle. Guys standing there were talking about the driver going to sleep at the wheel and all. Also that he was injured and there was no fatality. This is what I 'heard' from By-standers, lets see what the papers have to say tomorrow. Also notice the windshield placed over the flyover railing.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2070.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2071.jpg  

Last edited by prince_pervez : 14th October 2009 at 17:47.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:02   #3773
BHPian

This is the result when we mix drinks with drive
Please try to avoid it
and DRIVE SAFE

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2009 at 23:32. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks
Old 15th October 2009, 23:52   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Oh My GOd its really scary..

Any Update on the occupants, and what car is that i guess a NHC
Two occupants in i10 17 days old, both of them were drunk and driving, which lead to this accident, both of them dead on spot, as u can very well see the car condition.
This accident hapd on manali leh road
Old 16th October 2009, 01:00   #3775
Distinguished - BHPian

2345hrs 2 days back Golf course road Gurgaon, a golden corolla hit a roundabout at 100+kph speed and landed 30-40meters from the place flying over the road, the driver fell out of the car on landing.

I saw all this happen in front of me. The person had a head injury and was unconcious, i called up police and took him to max hospital with the help of some fellow bystanders. The chap felt like he has had some drugs.
Old 16th October 2009, 01:33   #3776
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf9211 View Post

Two occupants in i10 17 days old, both of them were drunk and driving, which lead to this accident, both of them dead on spot, as u can very well see the car condition.
This accident hapd on manali leh road
its santro xing..........
Old 16th October 2009, 01:46   #3777
BHPian

PLEASE Drive safe and be safe
its like LIVE N LET LIVE
Old 16th October 2009, 01:49   #3778
BHPian

Yes EssYouWE, it's a santro not i10.
Sorry for that guys.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:19   #3779
BHPian

Our Skoda Octavia met with an accident a fortnight ago. Our driver was alone in the car following our Scorpio. A drunk driver in a Swift hit our car head on (he was probably going 120-150 kmph). They both (co-passenger) have broken legs and ribs. Luckily our driver was scratchless.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0430.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0432.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0434.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0436.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0438.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0443.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0444.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0445.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-100_0447.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2020 at 15:57. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 19th October 2009, 15:41   #3780
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-bhp Support:

Guys, lets stick to the topic. This thread is meant for pics of accidents in India. Please continue discussions about insurance etc on relevant threads only. Thank You.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks