Old 4th December 2009, 20:37   #4051
Senior - BHPian

Saw this tavera at nedumbassery and the tipper at aluva
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpeg  

Old 5th December 2009, 14:29   #4052
BHPian

Found this Indica today while me and my friend stopped at nearby dhaba for pakora and cold drink after "gone bad" maths paper

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-indica_acc1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-indica_acc2.jpg
Old 5th December 2009, 15:37   #4053
BANNED

Saw this accent today .
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00478-medium.jpg  

Old 6th December 2009, 11:19   #4054
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this last evening about 2 km from home, but did not realize at that time it was so horrific.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-carburning1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-carburning2.jpg

Quote:
A woman was charred to death and her husband suffered 70 per cent burns when their Wagon R car caught fire on Saturday afternoon.
S. Kanjilal (38) and his wife Shubha (35) were on Nelson Mandela Marg in Vasant Kunj around 5:45 p.m. when Lal suddenly noticed smoke coming out from the car's bonnet. The couple were coming from Gurgaon.
“The man tried to move his car to one side of the road but the fire spread immediately. They didn’t have time to escape,” said a senior police officer on condition of anonymity, as he is not authorized to speak to the media.
“They couldn’t remove their seatbelts in time.”
Police said other motorists managed to get Lal out of the car but his wife Shubha (35) was trapped and couldn't be saved.
Eyewitnesses said the car's doors were also jammed and the fire department officials had to cut open the doors.
They said the woman couldn’t be saved and she was dead by the time help arrived. She charred to death on the seat itself.
The doors of the car were also jammed and fire brigade officials had to use cutters to open them up. The victims are residents of Aya Nagar.
“An ambulance and fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The husband was taken to Safdarjang Hospital by a PCR but the woman was already dead,” said a fire brigade officer.
Police said Kanjilal’s condition was critical.
“Prima facie it appear to us that there had been leakage of petrol in the car which led to fire,” added the officer.
Source: Woman burnt to death in car fire- Hindustan Times.

A picture of the burnt car was published in today's Mail Today.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-burntcar.jpg
Old 6th December 2009, 13:09   #4055
BHPian

Holy hell that is horrific!!!! How can it be a case of fuel leakage? The fuel tank is stored far from the engine. It must have been an electric fire
Old 6th December 2009, 13:35   #4056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
How can it be a case of fuel leakage? The fuel tank is stored far from the engine. It must have been an electric fire
It appears that the fire was in the rear end of the car, so far as I could make out from a distance - the pic of the burnt car also shows less fire damage to the front end (note that the front tyre and wheelcap are intact, while the rear one has burnt out. Possibly a fire either in the petrol tank or a CNG/LPG tank in the boot.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:10   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Saw this last evening about 2 km from home, but did not realize at that time it was so horrific.

Attachment 239944
Attachment 239945

Source: Woman burnt to death in car fire- Hindustan Times.

A picture of the burnt car was published in today's Mail Today.
Attachment 239939
Man, this is very horrific. Wonder how doors get jammed like this isn't door a mechanical device that should open in such cases. Report says petrol car, wonder what could be the real reason. Read in today's paper too. Very sad to hear.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:26   #4058
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about this kind of fire accident in a modern car. I thought that cars catching fire is almost an impossibility these days. I even remember when Mythbusters or Fifth Gear tried to set a car alight and didn't manage to do so. And its rather cruel irony that the seatbelts were the reason they couldn't escape. Truly, a sad incident.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:42   #4059
Distinguished - BHPian

I was scared when i read about this incident in today's newspapers. Any information on which fuel was the car running on? All the newspapers report it was petrol but i suspect it could be a case of LPG/CNG conversion.

Another incident reported in the newspapers is - Merc Rams into 2 on footpath

Both the news can be found here : Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
Old 6th December 2009, 20:52   #4060
BHPian

Firing the cars is going common now days. All these are new cars (technology). In the era of mechanical fuel pumps & carburetor there was seldom these events.
Well above case is a petrol car whereas I read in newspaper (almost 2-3 months ago) that a scopio got fired in hilly area in my city. Luckily all members were escaped safely. But fire in diesel vehicle!! Isn’t surprising??
Old 6th December 2009, 22:30   #4061
BHPian

Camry Run over by a 16 wheeler Truck

Hi,

Found this on the Net. This is not in india i suppose, but if cars like Camry becomes like this.. i am thinking about indian small cars.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-camary-stomped-11.jpg
Old 6th December 2009, 22:37   #4062
BHPian

The Wagon R fire is like a Final Destination scene. This can happen to any one of us. I am little worried to start my car, just think a fire engulfing the car, a normal non modified car and killing its occupants. I dont know why they couldnt get out, But may be a aftermarket central lock be a problem, these automatically closes and opens when ignition is on/off and sometimes behave like bullshit. May her soul RIP.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:46   #4063
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I was scared when i read about this incident in today's newspapers. Any information on which fuel was the car running on? All the newspapers report it was petrol but i suspect it could be a case of LPG/CNG conversion.

Another incident reported in the newspapers is - Merc Rams into 2 on footpath

Both the news can be found here : Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
.anshuman,

Judging by the wheel cap and the fender, it loos like a newer Wagon-R. So it could be the Wagon-R 'Duo' which runs on CNG/LPG (Not sure which one).

Now I don't know what could be the consequences of the failure of either one of them (Again don't know much about the safety in relation with CNG/LPG) But do keep in mind that the Wagon-R Duo comes factory fitted with it. The fact that it's factory fitted adds a sense of safety and security when compared to one that's fitted locally. But then again, you never know!

Also, it could happen to any car! It need not necessarily have to be running on compressed gas. Even a regular petrol/diesel car could meet this fate.

This incident reminds me of that Honda City that was charred in Delhi a long time ago. That's when people realized that anything can happen to any car!
Old 6th December 2009, 23:14   #4064
Senior - BHPian

There was a five car accident on the Bangalore Mysore highway. If anyone was heading towards Bangalore, you might have spotted it. No one appeared to be hurt but it looked like one Omni braked very hard and four other vehicles behind hit each other.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:24   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A idiotic lorry driver whose lorry broke down claimed two lives. The driver has parked it in the middle of the road without any indicators for other motorists.
The driver of the car apparently could not see the stationary lorry and rammed it from behind. While the driver and his friend died, one lady has been admitted to hospital with serious injuries. The accident occurred on Mysore Road near Maddur. Why cannot our police take stringent action on these morons?
i was driving back from mysore that day(in evening) and narrowly missed hitting a truck parked in the middle of the road at about the same location!!
i was thinking at that time.........this is a recipie for disaster, and this i see later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks