Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 14:02   #4471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
This is what you end up with when you park your car besides the 'Zoo' wall.!
One shitty day for the owner then
Old 17th January 2010, 14:31   #4472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The single most stupid thing a driver can do is to drive straight into something straight in front of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
but he didnt do it on purpose ... ...
Stupid: stopping a vehicle on the main carriage way, especially in right-hand lane.

Utterly Stupid: driving into that vehicle.

Unbelievably Stupid: doing it on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
... And in real life, on the expressway and major roads of gurgaon, everyone's doing 40-60 kph happily and much faster on the main expressway.

Case of keyboard jockeying without actually experiencing the fog to realize it isnt half as much as its cracked up to be?
Not guilty. Driven in fog many times... slowly. And the big fear is that that the idiot behind, who isn't driving slowly, will run into the guy who is being sensible.

There is never an excuse for driving too fast in restricted visibility, and, if there is any "hapiness" involved, there is too much risk of sudden unhappiness.

(I guess I'm due for another reminder that this thread is for documenting accidents, not discussion, but sometimes, what seems to be put forward almost as excuses for what happens. There are no accidents; only people making mistakes. Err... the collapsing wall, that was an accident!)
Old 17th January 2010, 20:50   #4473
BHPian

Take a look at the wind shield. The thing which broke the wind shield is not a bunch of wood or some thing, but it is bundle of thick sheets of glass.

If there was a passenger in the front seat, I am sure his head will be in the bonnet!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-05012010.jpg  

Old 17th January 2010, 23:20   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
This is what you end up with when you park your car besides the 'Zoo' wall.

The wall fell on the car and to make matters worse, the portion of the wall which fell was the one which was supporting the Animal waste tank and the whole area was filled with animal poo n other stuffs. Took firefighters n civilians a day to clean up the mess and when they were done, this is whats left for the poor Omni owner.

Notice the wall behind the car which is fell off and is currently under construction !
ouchhh , the worst Omini accident which I have ever seen.
Old 17th January 2010, 23:38   #4475
Senior - BHPian

Spotted on the Goa-Mumbai highway this morning. Saw a bus rammed into a tree on the same. And a bent out of shape qualis being driven on the Bangalore-Mumbai highway.

Oh and this toppled over one is a Xylo.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00284.jpg  

Old 18th January 2010, 09:05   #4476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Spotted on the Goa-Mumbai highway this morning. Saw a bus rammed into a tree on the same. And a bent out of shape qualis being driven on the Bangalore-Mumbai highway.

Oh and this toppled over one is a Xylo.
That Xylo for sure is doing some tummy tanning.

OT - Are you on a road trip to Goa/Mumbai? You're from Delhi/Doon aren't you?
Old 18th January 2010, 10:00   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I am!

I got back from the road trip (Pune-Goa-Pune) yesterday.

This was in the ghats. I noticed that the ghats were a lot easier to drive in as compared to the hills up in our area. The roads are wider and have a huge margin for error thanks the absence of many cliffs to the side. Still, the roads saw a lot of accidents..thanks to the high speeds possible on those roads and unstable vehicles (Xlyo etc.)
Old 18th January 2010, 10:07   #4478
BHPian

Came accross this at outer ring road, Bangalore last month, i don't know how the driver managed this feat !!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg  

Old 18th January 2010, 10:15   #4479
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to see a car like this. Even the back rims/wheels are bent. Must have hit a tree/post before ending up this way! What happened to the driver ? Any Idea ?
Old 18th January 2010, 10:21   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Came accross this at outer ring road, Bangalore last month, i don't know how the driver managed this feat !!
Looks neat. Maybe he dozed off as there are no visible tyre marks on the road. Also the front portion is stuck in the ditch due to which it's in the position that we can see.

I'm sure the driver was wearing seat belts and must have made it scratchless out of this accident as the front windscreen does not have any impact marks.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:28   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
A stoppie on four wheels. How come he managed that?

Seems like somewhere near Marthahalli.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:39   #4482
BHPian

Saw this report in Deccan herald this morning - sad to hear a case of careless driving yet again

Three software engineers were killed instantaneously in a road accident in the City in the early hours of Sunday.

The accident occurred when the car in which they were travelling rammed into a truck on Hosur Road near Veerasandra Gate in front of Prashanth Cylinders.

The deceased were identified as Pradeep J Bhat (29) of Ananthnagar, Prabod Kishore Behra (31) of HAL, and Richard Blancho (30) of K S Layout. Pradeep was from Mangalore and Prabodh and Richard from Behrampur, Orissa. Pradeep was a team leader with Infosys BPO, while Behra was working with HP and Blancho with JP Morgan.

“All the three were heading towards Hosur Road. Rash driving is beileved to have caused the mishap. It is yet to be ascertained if they were drunk as we are awaiting the post mortem reports,” police said.

Pradeep was driving the Alto car at break-neck speed. None of the passengers was wearing fastening belts. Pradeep lost control while overtaking a truck and crashed into the vehicle’s rear.

They sustained severe head injuries and died on the spot. The driver of the truck, registered in Maharashtra, fled the scene. The police did not get any response when they called the phone numbers found in the truck.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:14   #4483
Senior - BHPian

After seeing these accidents pics I feel me and my family were so lucky to be alive
Old 18th January 2010, 13:17   #4484
Team-BHP Support

On Saturday, around noon, a BMTC bus rammed into a lamp post along the ORR near Marathalli (Bangalore). Interestingly, the divider is quite high, and yet the bus manage to climb over it to acheive the feat.

I have clicked some pics, but yet to transfer them from my mobile. Will post 'em shortly.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:18   #4485
Distinguished - BHPian

A visiting-tourist friend of mine took a trip from Chennai to Thiruvannamalai during the past few days. Even I found it hard to believe that she saw the remains of no less than six accidents, including one head-on between a bus and an SUV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks