Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 16:15   #4546
Team-BHP Support

That's very sad and tragic, DRIV3R! I'm sorry for the loss. May his soul RIP.

I hope the people in their 20s who've just taken to driving, understand the responsibilities on the road! One cannot blame parents entirely! Yes, they are at fault for allowing the youngster to drive a car.

Today's youth don't know the responsibilities involved in driving on the roads. They should be aware of the fact that they're not invincible (Most of them think they are!) They should exercise caution while driving!
Old 24th January 2010, 20:37   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A Honda City is just a plain family car. Maybe it is the perception that it is some sort of performance vehicle that leads to it being driven as one.
Sometimes the death of one can save many --- if they do not forget.
Couldn't agree more with the point about "Death saving many".

OT: When I had mentioned the Honda City, I didn't mean it to be construed as a performance car, but rather how some rich parents spoil their children by giving them a Rs.8.5 lakh car while they are still in college. If the parents had ever been to college, they should understand that children are quite susceptible to getting carried away.
Old 24th January 2010, 22:42   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
Its a saddening incident.Just wearing seat belt(takes 2 seconds) could have saved their lives.Just a seat belt.:-(
I mean it has to do with bad driving,intoxication(if the driver was) and last thing being a bad road.Because 120+ + Rain is not much of a big deal. I mean you go in london where it rains quite often ,people do make 120+ now and then. Before anyone quote me saying that its london buddy not india and they have nice motorways out there then dont forget i have mentioned " Bad Road" already as a reason.
"Bad Road" is one factor, but read through the post, I doubt people in UK drive in 120+ (>80MPH) in a two lane road, so the primary factor is the driver..not the Road. Driver should be aware of road condition, weather condition and of course his capabilities....

No offense to any one
Old 24th January 2010, 23:31   #4549
Distinguished - BHPian

Amartya, point taken.
Old 25th January 2010, 01:11   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Came accross this at outer ring road, Bangalore last month, i don't know how the driver managed this feat !!

If this is the stretch of 2 or 3 kms from Silkboard towards Sarjapur Rd, then let me tell you all that it is the worst disciplined traffic & pedestrians road ever on the ORR Bangalore. Just be careful. I have personally experienced some worst kind of 'just miss' experiences!
Old 25th January 2010, 21:09   #4551
Senior - BHPian

Saw this a-star in a sorry state, maybe its underbelly is damaged.

Another recipe for disaster: Just look at the way the truck is overloaded, feel sorry for those wheels which look puny. And says,"PUKARO". Snapped While it was going to the Dharam Kanta. I hoped that the Dharam kanta didn't sink deep into.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc02001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc02002.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 25th January 2010 at 21:11.
Old 25th January 2010, 21:20   #4552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Another recipe for disaster: Just look at the way the truck is overloaded, feel sorry for those wheels which look puny. And says,"PUKARO". Snapped While it was going to the Dharam Kanta. I hoped that the Dharam kanta didn't sink deep into.
Perhaps the truck has bales of cotton, or similar light material. Down south, its pretty common see "visibly overloaded trucks" - carrying Hay.
Old 25th January 2010, 22:56   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in Kiran Motors. Dont know about details. I was allowed to take one image.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image000.jpg  

Old 26th January 2010, 02:55   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Saw this a-star in a sorry state, maybe its underbelly is damaged.

The only visible damage in the A-star is the bumper , everything else looks fine. Are you saying underbody damage because it was parked in a dirty state or did you observe something which led you to say this. Im just curious.
Old 26th January 2010, 06:50   #4555
Senior - BHPian

This happened 2 days back. I was being told that the truck driver was trying to take a turn & then this tempo traveller hit him by mistake. Not sure about the fatality.

1. You can see that the stones (a.k.a median) has flung along with the temp traveller.
2. Joke for the day - The road is in shattered stage while the stones were painted neatly the same morning
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-003.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-002.jpg  

Old 26th January 2010, 08:34   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This happened 2 days back. I was being told that the truck driver was trying to take a turn & then this tempo traveller hit him by mistake. Not sure about the fatality.
They should rename this thread "Mistakes in India - PICS"
Old 26th January 2010, 11:15   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Saw a bashed OHC on my way to Lonavala day before yesterday. Also saw a spanking M3.

Sadly the pic came out too fuzzy to be posted here.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:45   #4558
BHPian

Happened just a while ago, was heading home from work. Logged in from cab for some piled up work but could not do what i intended to. Our cab (TT) guy banged into an esteem from the rear and the esteem in turn banged into a bus ahead. Our cab drive was trying to sell his overused reason that the esteem guy braked suddenly with out warning ...

Surprisingly nothing happened to the esteem's rear (TT had taken quite a hit including a leaking radiator), but had a buckled up bonnet.

Result: We had to board another cab.

Location: Inner Ring Road, Domlur (Opp dell office), Bangalore...

PS: Our driver had it coming, he thinks bangalore roads are F1 tracks , we have tried complaining but i vain... :(
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00050.jpg  

Old 28th January 2010, 10:33   #4559
BHPian

Ford Fiesta...

Saw this banged up fiesta being towed away on my way to mysore last friday.. I think it much have read ended a bigger vehicle (truck/bus).

Look out for what the car owner thought of himself before he met with this accident i suppose , in one of the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-team1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-team2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-team4.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 30th January 2010 at 09:12. Reason: Deleting double pic.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:21   #4560
Senior - BHPian

He must be a "Happy-Go-(under)-Trucky" kind of guy I guess.

Most Viewed