Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 08:57   #4951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Found near aakkulam bridge in NH bypass, Trivandrum. Last two weeks saw some traffic jam in this area due to one way traffic through the bridge which is undergoing maintenance.
Aakkulam bridge, and associated toll gate is a real pain. The bridge needs to be widened or another needs to be build to make it 4 lane. When will Kerala get 4 laned roads with dividers?

Hope zak is fine. Any one knows what happened?
Old 28th February 2010, 10:02   #4952
Senior - BHPian

That is not zaks car for sure, he has a alto and a mivec lancer.

Pramod
Old 28th February 2010, 11:27   #4953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Saw on some news channel that elephant crushed atleast 18 vehicles. Among them were(according to the video shown) 2-3 Indica/Indigo cs,Endeavour,couple of Amby's,santro,800 and some cv's swaraj mazda and few more...
Yes, this is True, Unfortunately one of the Indica Belongs to My colleagues Boss and the loss is in range of 2 lakhs ..with insurance paying just 35K ..

I really don,t know when these politicians ( specially from UP) will learn to behave properly ... what was the need to bring the beast into Marriage party..may be , he was showing his affiliation to his party..
Old 28th February 2010, 11:59   #4954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
That is not zaks car for sure, he has a alto and a mivec lancer.

Pramod
Thats Zak's cousin's car.
Old 28th February 2010, 12:21   #4955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Aakkulam bridge, and associated toll gate is a real pain. The bridge needs to be widened or another needs to be build to make it 4 lane. When will Kerala get 4 laned roads with dividers?
It is not only Aakkulam bridge, driving through the entire NH47 in Kerala is a real pain. The whole road needs to be widened and should be made 4 lane.

It's not the bridge but the toll booth is causing the traffic jams if any.
Old 28th February 2010, 17:55   #4956
BHPian

hi guys this is a pic of a verna of one of friends who meet with an accident few time back.it was caused due to negligence of a truck driver who came in his way.this took place under one of the bridge that was under construction at that time at matunga.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25122009638.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 18:33   #4957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It is not only Aakkulam bridge, driving through the entire NH47 in Kerala is a real pain.
talking about NH47 - we had driven down to my hometown (Thrissur) last Christmas and one of the days we had gone to Cochin to visit my aunt. on the way back it got dark and believe me you, driving that stretch became perilous.

between Cochin and Thrissur there is this construction going on for a 6-lane (or 4-lane) highway. they've recently paved the road and and it's jet black. due to this at night, even with the high beams one cannot see the road because there are no markings on it! to add to this, there were 10ft (or more) deep ditches in the road without safety reflectors! by the time we reached home i had a severe headache because i had to keep my eyes peeled to watch for the road!

even in such bad conditions, there were morons driving rash on that stretch!
Old 1st March 2010, 06:47   #4958
Senior - BHPian

saw a white MM Jeep on BG road yesterday. There was also a wagon R with the bumper ripped off. Did anyone get to snap a picture of it ?
Old 1st March 2010, 09:11   #4959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny2599 View Post
hi guys this is a pic of a verna of one of friends who meet with an accident few time back.it was caused due to negligence of a truck driver who came in his way.this took place under one of the bridge that was under construction at that time at matunga.
This verna owner had a narrow miss then. If the truck had hit head on then it would have been serious trouble/injuries
Old 1st March 2010, 09:18   #4960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
talking about NH47 - we had driven down to my hometown (Thrissur) last Christmas and one of the days we had gone to Cochin to visit my aunt. on the way back it got dark and believe me you, driving that stretch became perilous.

between Cochin and Thrissur there is this construction going on for a 6-lane (or 4-lane) highway. they've recently paved the road and and it's jet black. due to this at night, even with the high beams one cannot see the road because there are no markings on it! to add to this, there were 10ft (or more) deep ditches in the road without safety reflectors! by the time we reached home i had a severe headache because i had to keep my eyes peeled to watch for the road!

even in such bad conditions, there were morons driving rash on that stretch!
I feel that streach is atleast ok and trichur cochin 70+ kms is doable in 1.5 hours but come further downsouth maybe towards trivandrum which has the asias biggest IT park the story is different. The distance between trivandrum cochin is 200Kms but takes 5-6 hours to travell. No infrastructure, the bypass is the busiest and its double lane with no dividers. The bridge repairs is going on for ages now. The NH 47 is even horrible, due to recent japan drinking water project all the roads are dug up.

There was this recent incedance where the entire road caved in due to bad repairs and this further led to issues.

To add to that there is a group of land lords who stage protests against getting a express highway frearing the loss of their properties, i feel public interest should be given more importance and such protesting people should be delt with.

Pramod
Old 1st March 2010, 10:01   #4961
Senior - BHPian

That verna's and red santro's front quarter fuselage has been ripped apart.

Last edited by sidindica : 1st March 2010 at 10:08.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:00   #4962
Senior - BHPian

That is not Zak's car. He's fine.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:13   #4963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Linea on this page looks in bad shape. The alloys are broken, gives you the kind of impact they were subjected to. The number is also a special/VIP one
Looks like Fiat have mastered the art keeping the occupants safe. I heard of stories of the Uno & Palio, that too without ABS & Airbags. Tata vehicles are also good as well as other European manufacturers who give more importance to safety than milege. Govt. needs to force all manufacturers to give safety a priority with incentives like lower taxes for cars with more safety features.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:50   #4964
BHPian

See this news report :Holi reveller goes berserk on Carter Road

Good photographs. Another example of the sturdiness of Matiz. Interesting to note that probably the car could be restarted after being flipped back into position !!
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:05   #4965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Looks like Fiat have mastered the art keeping the occupants safe. I heard of stories of the Uno & Palio, that too without ABS & Airbags.
Totally agree. I once had an accident in front of ITPL (Bangalore) when I was driving in the left lane because a TN-01 registered truck just wouldn't give me way on the right lane. As I accelerated to overtake him, he abruptly moved to the left (because there was a car in the right lane, trying a U turn) and hit me and dragged me along. The damage was worse than that of the Verna shown up there in that pic. The worst hit was the right front door. I still can't believe I escaped without a scratch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks