Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 06:25   #5146
BHPian

What about the Ace? Hope the Figo has not damaged it much
Old 20th March 2010, 09:47   #5147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Here you go...It banged into a Tata Ace. I have posted this in Figo test drive thread before.

Attachment 311359

Attachment 311360
. It may be a big problem for Ford dealer because many persons will (are) come for TD of FIGO and what will they drive? Spare parts should be a problem even for Ford dealer.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:40   #5148
BHPian

Got it from a friend of mine. a Pajero Crashed upside down. Heard that it twisted 2 times.Poor machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-paj3.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 12:41   #5149
BHPian

Oouch, the crash is so sorry for a car like this, Any idea how this happened, also, hope all passengers are safe.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:02   #5150
Senior - BHPian

Accident on Outer Ring Road (Delhi)

Hi all

While going to office, I happened to pass through a site where an accident had happened few minutes (or probably an hour) earlier.

It was on the Outer Ring Road New Delhi between the Jahangir Puri & Burari crossings. One overloaded Minidor suddenly stopped on the Road due to tyre puncture. The stupid driver of the Minidor was travelling in the central lane of one (correct) side of 6 lane of the Road, which is also part of NH1. A bike-wallah (Pulsar) hit the Minidor & apparently the bike-rider or the pillion (read victim) fell on the road. It appears that there was another vehicle involved in the accident which hit the victim & sped away.

Vegetables that were stacked in the jute sacks that were being carried in the minidor were scattered on the road.

There were not bodies (as the police might have taken the victims to the hospital), BUT THERE WAS MORE THAN 2 LITRES OF THICK BLOOD (& FEW PIECES OF HUMAN FLESH)ON THE ROAD.

I could not take photos as I was driving, however, will try to get updates on the accident. I believe that the victim, if only lucky, would have survived the accident.

But, there are few issues that I would like to point out in this incident:

1. Minidor running in the central lane when that should be using the leftmost lane. & then the minidor driver stalling the vehicles in the same lane instead of moving it to the leftmost lane to avoid danger.
These auto- & threewheeler- wallahs' licences should be cancelled as they are a menace on roads. They do not let you overtake easily, drive in the fast lane, have little regard for road safety & overload generally.

2. I believe that the bike rider was also driving rash as the minidor driver had unloaded few sacks on the road, which the the bike rider did not see in time.
I also drive a pulsar, & some times over-speed on empty stretches. But do not take my eyes from the road at any point of time.

3. No body coming to help the victim, causing blood-loss at the accident spot... are we this senseless!?

One of my cousin died due to road accident, & another one had more than a couple of over-speeding & morons on road.

This was a RUDE GOOD MORNING call before I reached my office & a sight that I will not forget on near future.

Hope god is merciful on the victim.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:38   #5151
Senior - BHPian

Argh! How unsafe are Delhi roads for two wheelers? :(

When I was in the 10th grade, I saw a bus crush a man on a scooter at a traffic signal very close to my home. There was blood on the road and a completely crushed helmet lying there.
The body was covered with a white sheet which was already full of blood at places.

That chilling sight has remained with me ever since. And frankly, even today I am scared of riding on my Bike through Delhi.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:49   #5152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
What about the Ace? Hope the Figo has not damaged it much
Ace doesnt look like Ace anymore. The Figo just killed the Ace
Old 20th March 2010, 14:18   #5153
BHPian

Accident on Thane Ghodbunder Road

Last night, at around 12.45 when I was driving back home from Thane, luck was what helped me defy death.
I was doing 55-60 kmph on Ghodbunder road, driving in the RHS lane. As it was pretty late, a speed-junkie Xylo was on my tail flashing his xenons, wanting to pass everything in it's way for I don't know what!! I let him go. There was an 18 wheeler carrying a container to my left. The Xylo flashed him too and zoomed past it. The truck was doing around 60 too. I was travelling to it's RHS when the unthinkable happened - the driver's cabin swerved vigorously as if it were a toy. The next moment, the front cabin suddenly turned to the right making it lose the ground from the right side and all that multi-tonne mass resting on the left tyres.

I slammed the brakes and came to a screeching halt. The truck's rear tyre couldn't bear all the weight + friction and gave way, making the wheel come out and engulf that part of the road in a cloud of smoke and sparks!! Immediately, the monster 18 wheeler flipped on the left, banged the front cabin into the divider and went through it, only to further crash into an oncoming Premier Padmini cab on the other side of the road!!!

I got out of my car, and went to see if I could help. In just a matter of a few seconds, about a couple more dozen of people came running. It was a mess; a pile of twisted metal, the windshields of the truck both broken and all the driver and the cleaner's belongings spilled out. The cleaner was minorly injured but was in shock. The driver was stuck inside. I then saw the cab. The truck rammed into it so hard, that the poor car resembled a "V" sideways. I'm not sure about this, but the cabbie must've been hurt real bad.

Could've clicked pics of the residue of my death-defying moment, but thought it wouldn't look good since people were hurt.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:42   #5154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
I then saw the cab. The truck rammed into it so hard, that the poor car resembled a "V" sideways. I'm not sure about this, but the cabbie must've been hurt real bad.
Hope the cabbie was taken to hospital.

Any idea why the cabin swerved that way?
Old 20th March 2010, 17:12   #5155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
The truck's rear tyre couldn't bear all the weight + friction and gave way, making the wheel come out and engulf that part of the road in a cloud of smoke and sparks!! Immediately, the monster 18 wheeler flipped on the left, banged the front cabin into the divider and went through it, only to further crash into an oncoming Premier Padmini cab on the other side of the road!!!
Man thats a close shave, scary moment. Good to know you didn't get caught up by the trailer. Any idea why the truck swerved that way? Anything to do with that Xylo?

Were the drivers of truck and cab hospitalised?
Old 20th March 2010, 19:49   #5156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
^ I dont see any damage there. What happened actually ? The 407 side-swiped the Wagon R ?
Yep! But I would not be too sure of who side swiped whom.
Old 20th March 2010, 20:10   #5157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Got it from a friend of mine. a Pajero Crashed upside down. Heard that it twisted 2 times.Poor machine.
After this heavy accident stepny cover Intact ? No scratch?
Old 21st March 2010, 01:15   #5158
BHPian

I assume that the truck driver was either drunk or had fallen asleep at the wheel. And also that it indeed was the Xylo that made him lose control.

But it definitely wasn't a tyreburst that caused the whole 'fishtailing front movement'.
Well, the cab driver was immediately rushed to the hospital; truck driver's status unknown and the cleaner wasn't seriously injured, but he sure was in some state of shock.

On a lighter note, Final Destination may be a good movie, but experiencing something that extreme leaves you scarred from the inside.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:35   #5159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Oouch, the crash is so sorry for a car like this, Any idea how this happened, also, hope all passengers are safe.
Only the driver and my friend were in the pajero buddy. None of them were hurt apart from having some small minor scars on hands.Thank God.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:36   #5160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
After this heavy accident stepny cover Intact ? No scratch?
No problem for the stepny man.That is still a pajero man. Shoud think about it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks