Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 18:34   #5251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycelfjean View Post
Wagon R hit the side of an oncomming KSRTC bus in a curve
Something that I always see "almost happening". Our F1s champs on the road have this "good" habit of always overtaking on blind curves. Kerala is perhaps the only state with National Highways running through congested towns, and almost all our roads have blind curves every now and then.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:50   #5252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Kerala is perhaps the only state with National Highways running through congested towns, and almost all our roads have blind curves every now and then.

Congested roads, almost entirely 2-lane, with mopeds and cyclists jostling for space with 'super-fast' KSRTC buses. Accidents waiting to happen at every blind curve.
Old 4th April 2010, 19:59   #5253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Congested roads, almost entirely 2-lane, with mopeds and cyclists jostling for space with 'super-fast' KSRTC buses. Accidents waiting to happen at every blind curve.
2-Lane is an overstatement! In most places its only 1.5 lanes.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:14   #5254
BHPian

our good ol nano had passed the european crashtest with flying colours i presume
Old 4th April 2010, 23:21   #5255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Our 118NE was totally damaged in this freak accident 15 years back. The car was comfortably doing around 90-100 kmph on a deserted highway, when suddenly reached an almost U-curved turn, braked hard, tyres locked, steering control lost and the car went on to bang head on into a ditch some 15 feet below, toppled 3-4 times and landed belly up in this pond.

Fortunately, there was a bus-stop very near to this curve, and villagers helped us getting out of the car. By God's Grace, all were safe with only minor bruises and cuts. Driver & the front passenger had suffered some chest injuries as well.

I wish we had ABS, Airbags & Seat Belts mandatory in our cars than.

he he he he, well at 1st sight i thought u were doing anthim sanskar to ur car .
is it still with u ???
we had a 118 NE and papa used to say it had ample of leg room for the driver ...
Old 5th April 2010, 00:15   #5256
BHPian

Guessing the cab didn't /couldn't curve with the road and jumped the divider. At Bowenpally. (Have never seen as many cops at a time at an accident scene.)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-16032010351.jpg

Lorry with no lights parked at night on the road. It didn't seem to have the bumper like bar either.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-23032010258.jpg
Old 5th April 2010, 01:50   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Guessing the cab didn't /couldn't curve with the road and jumped the divider. At Bowenpally. (Have never seen as many cops at a time at an accident scene.)
These Indicabs are most often driven very rash. Can't blame the entirely because most of the cars belong to some call taxi operator or the other, and they are on the road for nearly 20hrs even. The driver gets hardly any rest in such cases.

Quote:
Lorry with no lights parked at night on the road. It didn't seem to have the bumper like bar either.
I don't see a proper number plate either. These guys are a menace, really.
Old 5th April 2010, 02:22   #5258
BHPian

Quote:

This is a very common scene in so many Indian Highways. I have had a few narrow escapes from menace of this kind when I was at the wheels. Once I was driving in the night time on NH5 and in the middle of nowhere, there was a tractor trailer parked in the middle of the highway with neither any lights on nor any reflective markers; there weren't even any "brick/stone markers" around the vehicle. I had to literally slam on the brakes and stopped a few inches from the trailer. I must have been traveling around 100K when this happened. My whole family was in the car and I was relieved that everyone was OK.
One piece of advice from me if you are buying a new car: Go for the airbag option no matter how much extra you have to shell out if you are planning on driving on Indian highways in the night. God save us from these illiterate people using the highways.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:15   #5259
Senior - BHPian

I hope the biker who rear ended the truck survived. Any news on that ?
Old 5th April 2010, 11:07   #5260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
This is a very common scene in so many Indian Highways. I have had a few narrow escapes from menace of this kind when I was at the wheels. Once I was driving in the night time on NH5 and in the middle of nowhere, there was a tractor trailer parked in the middle of the highway with neither any lights on nor any reflective markers; there weren't even any "brick/stone markers" around the vehicle. I had to literally slam on the brakes and stopped a few inches from the trailer. I must have been traveling around 100K when this happened. My whole family was in the car and I was relieved that everyone was OK.
One piece of advice from me if you are buying a new car: Go for the airbag option no matter how much extra you have to shell out if you are planning on driving on Indian highways in the night. God save us from these illiterate people using the highways.
Very true.
One of my close acquaintances had a terrible accident, when his esteem hit a tractor trailer left in the middle of GT road at night. Thankfully he and his family survived. The car though, was totalled.

Soon, he bought a Fiat Siena (this was a long time back) and has been hooked to Fiat's since then, just because of the sense of security that the cars give him.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:32   #5261
BHPian

Noticed a couple of wrecked cars in the prerana motors service yard in peenya, bangalore.

Notice the new indica vista abs, i guess the vehicle was damaged during transit or while on its way from the yard to the showroom (could have been driven by a reckless showroom driver). This car may be very well delivered to a customer after the damage is fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0065.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0067.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0068.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0069.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0070.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0072.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0074.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0077.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0078.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 12:34   #5262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
This car may be very well delivered to a customer after the damage is fixed.
Looking at the physical damage to the car, fat chance it can be repaired and sold to an unsuspecting buyer. It might be better for the dealer/insurance company to write it off.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:43   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
God!! when was this Archish? Your Innova had been neighbours envy lately I guess; first it was stranded at Krishnagiri due to overheating, now a job on rear windshield. Some kind of balck magic going on. Take care.
Yes... This was on Saturday. I have already spent about 25k on the car. This this damage looks like it would set me back by another 20k.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:00   #5264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Cars with such badly worn out tires is a common sight in mangalore !!!
One of my friends had taken his friends indica to Kerala trip from Mangalore. In Kerala while negotiating curve, car punctured and lost control. car got launched and hit a transformer before coming to standstill with upside down! There was a power cut 10 minute back that saved them from electric shock! I must say due to GODs grace they came unscratched!

My main confusion was how car lost control/got punctured while negotiating curve. Then the person who was in car said, due to bald tyre the car punctured and lost control

why peopel dont understand about basic safety like tyre/brakes/speed limit
Old 5th April 2010, 14:20   #5265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Looking at the physical damage to the car, fat chance it can be repaired and sold to an unsuspecting buyer. It might be better for the dealer/insurance company to write it off.
I am not able to locate the damage on the Indica Vista.

Are there any more pics of the Vista of the actual damage. All I see is the regular Indicab which is scrambled up quite a bit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks