Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 10:13   #5281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is a small repair. A case of replacing the bumper. Minor dings happen during transport. Just visit the Honda body repair centre and you will see at least 5 new cars undergoing repair
You are right, this may be a small damage. But there were quite a few punto's lying inside the body shop which were brand new (yet to be delivered) and had major damages to radiator, broken head lamp and some dent too. Sorry, could no take pics of these. But i still believe a lill care while the car is being transported would avoid such damages.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:40   #5282
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2010 at 18:12.
harishnayak is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2010, 12:52   #5283
Senior - BHPian

Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi

Excerpts from PTI news

New Delhi, April 8 : A speeding BMW driver ran over a 62-year-old morning walker near the Akshardham temple in East Delhi this morning.

Om Dutt Chauhan was taking a walk near the Akshardham chowk when the BMW, which was trying to overtake a bike, hit him, killing him, police said. The accident took place near the house of the deceased.

The car overturned due to the impact. Three occupants of the car have been detained, they said.

The nephew of the deceased Sandeep Chauhan alleged that his uncle was not immediately taken to hospital.

"Police took the BMW occupants to police station first and then took my uncle to hospital. If they had taken prompt action, my uncle would have been saved," he claimed.

Police has denied the allegations.

BMWs cause more accidents in Delhi than any other premium car (s).

But look at the foolishness of the Policemen who only took the accused in custody & left the old man to die on road.

BTW, this accident happened at 0630 hours today & caused massive traffic jams in the morning for office goers plying to Noida or travelling on the road. Even I reached my office late by an hour.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:27   #5284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Excerpts from PTI news

New Delhi, April 8 : A speeding BMW driver ran over a 62-year-old morning walker near the Akshardham temple in East Delhi this morning.

Om Dutt Chauhan was taking a walk near the Akshardham chowk when the BMW, which was trying to overtake a bike, hit him, killing him, police said. The accident took place near the house of the deceased.

The car overturned due to the impact. Three occupants of the car have been detained, they said.

The nephew of the deceased Sandeep Chauhan alleged that his uncle was not immediately taken to hospital.

"Police took the BMW occupants to police station first and then took my uncle to hospital. If they had taken prompt action, my uncle would have been saved," he claimed.

Police has denied the allegations.

BMWs cause more accidents in Delhi than any other premium car (s).

But look at the foolishness of the Policemen who only took the accused in custody & left the old man to die on road.

BTW, this accident happened at 0630 hours today & caused massive traffic jams in the morning for office goers plying to Noida or travelling on the road. Even I reached my office late by an hour.
there was massive jam, it took us almost 1.25 hrs to cross this streach. attached are some of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08042010192.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08042010189.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08042010188.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 16:44   #5285
Senior - BHPian

The BMW involved was a 3 series, Donno why its always a BMW when it comes to Delhi.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:53   #5286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
The BMW involved was a 3 series, Donno why its always a BMW when it comes to Delhi.
Good road infrastructure, moolah and connections - a deadly combination often resulting in accident/road rage!
Old 8th April 2010, 19:46   #5287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Good road infrastructure, moolah and connections - a deadly combination often resulting in accident/road rage!
Sorry brother...no offence, but why is it that only the car driver is always to be blamed?
The car may have been doing only 40, and the old man might have come in between without seeing.
Even if the car was doing 140, the old man is at fault.
The old man should have judged that the car is coming pretty fast.
No offence to anyone, may his soul rest in peace!
Let the truth be told, then we can decide.
Till then, I'd stand my ground.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:50   #5288
Senior - BHPian

^Exactly. Its the same tendency that we see on the roads. The bigger vehicle is always at fault. Let's wait for details to emerge.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:54   #5289
BHPian

i dont know why BMW is always criticized by the media, (may be after the nanda bmw incident)
if any other car (import) like skoda, toyota met with accidents, media would say "car accident, guy/gal killed" if the car is a BMW, media would say "BMW killed guy/gal". i mean the car is not the reason, its the person who is behind the wheels, or other than the car is like "tarzan" remember the movie, the car itself kills the dushmans.

lol..stupid.

Last edited by nick17s : 8th April 2010 at 19:59.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:02   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Sorry brother...no offence, but why is it that only the car driver is always to be blamed?
The car may have been doing only 40, and the old man might have come in between without seeing.
No offence to anyone, may his soul rest in peace!
Let the truth be told, then we can decide.
Till then, I'd stand my ground.

+

Many people challenge the big vehicle by their behavior (not careless but intended). One can notice this tendency in villagers mostly. When they come to city, they do not leave their villager mentality. Why I should break/ stop? He will stop!! And then finally god interferes.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:09   #5291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
^Exactly. Its the same tendency that we see on the roads. The bigger vehicle is always at fault. Let's wait for details to emerge.
OT:
Absolutely amazing tagline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post

+1

Many people challenge the big vehicle by their behavior (not careless but intended). One can notice this tendency in villagers mostly. When they come to city, they do not leave their villager mentality. Why I should break/ stop? He will stop!! And then finally god interferes.
Very well said brother!
Lets not go OT here, let us wait for the details to surface first, then we can make "doodh ka doodh, aur paani ka paani"
Old 8th April 2010, 20:52   #5292
BHPian

Crossed Akshardham flyover at around 0905 hrs, minor traffic jam greeted as all drivers were looking below trying to understand what has happened. Got no idea as I was late to college, smsed home and TV news told informed about the accident.

The speedo needle was stuck at 70 and the automobile expert claimed the speed to be above 140 when the crash happened.

What I fail to understand how people and police react to such situations, there were hoards of people as if it was an exhibition, car, bikes, cycles everyone parked as per there convenience and blissfully watching a crashed BMW. Nizammudin Bridge was closed from Noida mor side causing trouble, a friend missed his sessional exams because people were busy looking at the tamasha from far away causing major traffic jams in all the roads around.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:16   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Are you serious?

Speeding car at 140 need to be given way by all others because otherwise they will be killed? Maharaja on road?

What is speed limit on this road? 140 KMPH?

BTW did some one check whether the driver was drunk? Is that the reason why the occupants of BMW were whisked away by police? I wonder how much money was exchanged in this 'operation'.

Source of image - The Hindu (The Hindu : Cities / Delhi : Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-102.jpg
Old 8th April 2010, 22:34   #5294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably you missed the eyewitness account by a school boy, who narrated entire episode in detail with vehicle nos, according to him BMW was speeding and had hit a bike first attempting an overtake and overturned and finally landed up on old man attending nature's call by roadside.When PCR came to the spot they rushed towards the occupants of mangled BMW who were still in better shape, leaving the poor old fellow who had severe leg injuries....
Now can you explain how the old chap was at fault( leave that natures call part) ?

Last edited by agspins : 8th April 2010 at 22:35.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:35   #5295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
BTW did some one check whether the driver was drunk? Is that the reason why the occupants of BMW were whisked away by police? I wonder how much money was exchanged in this 'operation'.

Source of image - The Hindu (The Hindu : Cities / Delhi : Speeding BMW kills elderly man in Delhi)
Doubt: Do BMW's have a feature where the speedo needle reduces to half of the actual speed during a collision?

The damage seen on the BMW cannot be just because of hitting a human. It seems more like the damage was caused by trying not-to-hit and hitting a wall/divider/whatever!

OT: Why does the media always have to bring in 'BMW'? Why don't we see Hyundai, Maruti, Honda, Tata, etc in similar news! Bias?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks