Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:13   #5581
Team-BHP Support

Had two near misses like this today. On the OMR, a cow runs in the middle and a bike nearly hits me. Later on, on the highway returning back, a family of monkey cross. All cars brake and I nearly have an Indica in my trunk
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:53   #5582
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a badly crashed black Santro on Mysore road today afternoon. Car passenger side was badly damaged, hope occupants are safe.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:36   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yes, IMO as a rule of the thumb, one should leave a 5sec gap from the vehicle in front - this give enough time to react.
IIRC the gap should be two sec.

Example gratia, at 40 kmph it should be 22 m, and so on.

On the other hand for us Indians your margin seems to be more prudent and sensible, what with the state of driving, vehicles, roads, safety culture and blah blah blah.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:44   #5584
BHPian

ntomer,

Any news who this T-BHPian is ? The car seems to be in a real bad shape!
Really pray God that the driver and the passengers are safe.
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:33   #5585
BHPian

God that accent is in bad shape.
Its being said that the car flipped over and turned turtle.I myself have an accent and if this is how well built it is then im scared now!!!!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:57   #5586
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta hits APSRTC Bus head on!

This incident took place on Road No.36, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad at around 5 PM yesterday. A white Volkswagen Jetta hit a APSRTC bus head on (don't know at what speed!) near Chutneys restaurant. When i was nearing the accident scene, i was hoping to see a damaged car, but to my surprise, I saw a damaged bus!

Check this pic taken on the accident scene!

The bumper of the bus came off! I really did'nt understand if the Volkswagen build was exceptional or if the APSRTC bus was so old to lose its bumper!

Check this close-up image..

There was no scratch on the Jetta's bumper, i just saw a patch of red paint from the bus'es bumper!

I could not stop laughing thinking, what the bus driver would have felt!
Hope the APSRTC does not collect any compensation from the Jetta's driver!

VW, am impressed!

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd May 2010 at 01:51. Reason: (1) Use existing threads (2) Use max 2 smileys (3) See how to upload photos properly in the Announcements section
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:27   #5587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I saw the tree yesterday and was wondering what happened? I was planning to call you up and enquire. Stupid Moron Driver, as if tree-cutting isn't enough...

Good thing you took your car off from there earlier... so many cars parked on the roads everywhere there!!!
Yeah I know! You should see the scene on the street now! It's so funny! No cars are are parked on the stretch anymore! Poor tree! I feel for it deeply. It feels so empty without it now. The driver got away scot-free though.

OT: Phone-lines have been temporarily restored but my internet is acting up every 5 minutes!
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:30   #5588
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this at a junk yard at thrissur.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acci.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2010, 09:40   #5589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
The bumper of the bus came off! I really did'nt understand if the Volkswagen build was exceptional or if the APSRTC bus was so old to lose its bumper!
Perhaps the bus already had a broken bumper and this was a mild fender bender? Even otherwise, I wouldn't be suprised if this has more to do with the bus' age.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 3rd May 2010 at 09:41.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:55   #5590
BHPian

This was on front page of TOI Delhi edition ... 4 killed...5th struggling for life in AIIMS trauma center ..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2010, 09:55   #5591
BHPian

@alexkrish

The height of the Bus bumper and jetta bumper doesn't match, So its hard to believe that Jeeta hit the bus and broke its bumper. if Jeeta would had hit the bus its bonnet should had been scratched for sure
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:10   #5592
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 to that. VW Bumper is too low. With that height, the bus bumper would have made a dent on the hood or hit the headlights direct. Something is not falling in place there.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:16   #5593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
This was on front page of TOI Delhi edition ... 4 killed...5th struggling for life in AIIMS trauma center ..
This ws already posted on the last page with a video. One ghstly crash it was and the reporters were there in no time to cover it too.

May their souls RIP.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:10   #5594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I nearly have an Indica in my trunk
An Indica near the trunk is not a good sign. I personally do not have much faith on its braking abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardul.YamahaF View Post
The height of the Bus bumper and jetta bumper doesn't match, So its hard to believe that Jeeta hit the bus and broke its bumper. if Jeeta would had hit the bus its bonnet should had been scratched for sure
May be the bus's bumper was already falling down?
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:21   #5595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
An Indica near the trunk is not a good sign. I personally do not have much faith on its braking abilities.
an IndiCab rear-ended me once. was on my CBZ with wifey on the Thippasandra market road and were just about to turn into our street. guess the driver wasn't looking and hit me from behind. the impact completely pushed the rear mudguard inside over the wheel. fortunately nothing happened except my backpack with the laptop fell. the driver reversed and sped away before people could thrash him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks