Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 16:37   #5626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oil from the busted sump probably.

Ya, exctly its the engine oil all over.
also do notice even the left alloy broken and the lower arm protruding from it.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:42   #5627
Senior - BHPian

I believe if the alloy had held the car would not have flipped over.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:50   #5628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
This is my friends Fiesta TDCi. He was coming to his work place some 5 km from his home in between city, at moderate speed of @ 60-70 kmph.
Hitted right tyre to road divider ( about 1.5 feet hieght) , because of sudden impact the right tie rod end and lower arm broke making the car uncontrolable and at the same time turtled twice after right side went over the divider. he escaped scratchless and unhurt, as he was wearing seatbelt he remained attached to the driving seat. Car suffering heavy loss.
Looks like the oil sump was badly damaged, i see oil all over the place.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:57   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
And on the other hand the logan looked as if it had a crash with a bike.There was hardly any damage as compared to his car.
I know what you mean. My friend had rear ended my zen into an Indigo Marina sometime last year. My zen had a broken head lamp, smashed fender and crumpled bonnet. Indigo had a small crack on the bumper, hardly noticeable.

Last edited by gurudutt : 4th May 2010 at 17:00.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:15   #5630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
In order to avoid the impact between his car and the car he was overtaking my friend had to go even more right
And there was a logan coming from the opposite direction
The crash happened at about 70km/hr.
Bad luck i would say.
bad luck and ignorance. i've seen many people doing the same thing. if there's an obstacle in front, go around it (in slow traffic). take this to higher speeds, a crash is what you get. you never ever turn into the oncoming traffic.

IMO, your friend should have hit the brakes, not go right. at 70kmph, he could have still slowed the Zen down, enough to avoid the car in front. maybe he would have got some dents, but not as bad as the crash with the Logan.

had it been the Endeavour, the Logan guy might have got crushed.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:54   #5631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
bad luck and ignorance. i've seen many people doing the same thing. if there's an obstacle in front, go around it (in slow traffic). take this to higher speeds, a crash is what you get. you never ever turn into the oncoming traffic.

IMO, your friend should have hit the brakes, not go right. at 70kmph, he could have still slowed the Zen down, enough to avoid the car in front. maybe he would have got some dents, but not as bad as the crash with the Logan.

had it been the Endeavour, the Logan guy might have got crushed.
Yes it could have been the other way round.But well in a panic situation its actually very hard to make up your mind.You are always in this dilemma that you will make it and you should keep going on or you should brake.
It can get tough.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:34   #5632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I can imagine what would have happened if he had not hit the divider: he'd still have a car!
Quite true. But more often than not, we can't have the cake and eat it too.
I am sure it must have been the last resort, otherwise the guy wouldn't have hit the divider in the 1st place.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:40   #5633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
This incident took place on Road No.36, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad at around 5 PM yesterday. A white Volkswagen Jetta hit a APSRTC bus head on (don't know at what speed!) near Chutneys restaurant. When i was nearing the accident scene, i was hoping to see a damaged car, but to my surprise, I saw a damaged bus!

Check this pic taken on the accident scene!

The bumper of the bus came off! I really did'nt understand if the Volkswagen build was exceptional or if the APSRTC bus was so old to lose its bumper!

Check this close-up image..

There was no scratch on the Jetta's bumper, i just saw a patch of red paint from the bus'es bumper!

I could not stop laughing thinking, what the bus driver would have felt!
Hope the APSRTC does not collect any compensation from the Jetta's driver!

VW, am impressed!
May be the car's collision-proof. Good that the head-light's alright. This reminds me of an accident in which we 3 of us were traveling in my friend's Indigo, and it rammed against the Baleno in front. The baleno's bumper+boot was deformed badly, but the Indigo's bumper didn't have a single scratch. The baleno driver was enraged greatly after seeing this. He even went on to accuse us of ramming his car willfully.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:42   #5634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardul.YamahaF View Post
@alexkrish

The height of the Bus bumper and jetta bumper doesn't match, So its hard to believe that Jeeta hit the bus and broke its bumper. if Jeeta would had hit the bus its bonnet should had been scratched for sure
Jo Jeeta wohi Sikander.
Seems like Jetta's build really strong. Or something's really wrong with the old bus.
Old 5th May 2010, 00:19   #5635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Quite true. But more often than not, we can't have the cake and eat it too.
I am sure it must have been the last resort, otherwise the guy wouldn't have hit the divider in the 1st place.
Perhaps I was wrong to assume no other vehicle, etc, was involved: its easy to make assumptions online.

Life and limb is the important thing: after that, comes learning the lessons. Being a seat-belt wear suggests he's willing to learn
Old 5th May 2010, 00:19   #5636
Senior - BHPian

I'd say the Jetta's build quality is very strong. Once an Alto hit my friend's Jetta, nothing happened to the Jetta but the Alto's fender was damaged badly.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2010, 10:08   #5637
Senior - BHPian

I have seen 2 bad accident of Indica cab in the last less than a week. Both on the ORR, bangalore.

And both caused casualties because of the absence of the bar at the back of the trucks.

1. Near Sarjapur signal - A Indica cab went and hit behind the stationary container lorry. The front pillars and steering are all damaged.

2. In the marathahalli underground bridge on ORR. I am surprised to see this one. I dont know how much speed this Indica was doing. Because, this also happened to be a hit from back and that too when climbing the underpass. Luckily, the steel rods in the truck went just above the car roof but unfortunately, the Indica was again "pushed" by a smaller truck coming behind him.

Whom to blame? The Truck guys for not having those bars in the back? Indica guys driving like crazy? Or the govt officials who are not able to enforce the law?
Old 5th May 2010, 11:25   #5638
J.Ravi

Here is the downside of summer showers making riding 2-wheelers a dangerous task in Hyderabad, as reported in today's The Hindu:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hyd.jpg  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th May 2010 at 11:26.

Old 5th May 2010, 11:36   #5639
BHPian

Saw one at Lalbaug, Mumbai on Monday. A BEST bus bruised against a black Hyundai Tucson at a traffic signal.
Result - The chauffeur of the Tucson took down the bus driver's name and bus regn. number.
The Tucson got a lot of red lines over black and a broken RHS ORVM.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:32   #5640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Here is the downside of summer showers making riding 2-wheelers a dangerous task in Hyderabad, as reported in today's The Hindu:
A wet road is a slippery road. Yet how many drivers change their driving style to take account of that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks