Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 17:41   #5911
Senior - BHPian

No haryana roadways bus drives under 80 kph.
They would have been driving at 80+ kph.

So in this head on collision - the relative velocity would be like 120-140 kph easily.

I'm saying since the chassis has completely buckled the forces must be very great. What do you think bhai?
Old 27th May 2010, 17:46   #5912
Senior - BHPian

Esteem's chassis has a tendency to fold. For people travelling on Bombay-Nasik and BOM-GOA highways this is common knowledge.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:00   #5913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

So in this head on collision - the relative velocity would be like 120-140 kph easily.

I'm saying since the chassis has completely buckled the forces must be very great. What do you think bhai?
1. The bus jumped the central median which could be due to n number of reason but driver would have started braking and jumping over the median would have reduced the speed as well.

2. Have you seen EURO NCAP video's where a car travelling at an absolute speed of 60 kmph collides and the kind of damage it gets, even cars which are rated 5 stars, Mercs and BMW included? Compare that to Esteem which in my opinion is one of the flimsiest built car around. If the collision was at 120-140 kmph the car would have crushed just like the Maruti 800 a few pages back.

If you ask me the crash was at no more than 60-80 kmph relative speed which is why I said, any other sedan would have done better.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:27   #5914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@ntomer,

I remember your original post & trust your B.I.L. is hale and hearty now.

Where was he sitting in the car, I thought he was driving it himself.
He is alright now. Except that the plate which doctor implanted in his hand is restricting his wrist movements.

And yes, he was the one driving. This is why it is all the more surprising. The guy on front passenger seat and the one just behind perished on the spot. The one behind driver's seat got major injuries in hip area and is still not able to walk, after more than two months. And the driver (BIL) got away with a dislocated wrist. His guardian angel is on a full time job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
ntomer! Thats one horrific crash. your BIL is really lucky. Anyways, is the HR roadways bus the blue one with Deluxe coach written on it?
I hope the driver of that bus is in custody! These guys drive very recklessly.
I guess this is the same bus. But the driver got away, since he had a valid excuse in the punctured tyre.

Nitin
Old 27th May 2010, 19:05   #5915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Buddy, read the original message. He wasn't doing any stunts - it was an unfortunate accident. A Haryana SRTC bus plying in the other direction had a flat, jumped the divider and rammed into him. Hardly a fault of his.
Nitin
Ok, buddy, here is the original post. Where is the part where the bus had a flat ?? I know you are all stressed out buddy, chill and get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
My bro-in-law, who works for Samsung was driving to Jalandhar in his Esteem with 3 colleagues, to attend the wedding of another colleage. At Shahbad, near Ambala, a Haryana roadways bus jumped the divider and collided with his car. The guy on the passenger seat and the one just behind him perished on the spot. While b-i-l and the one behind driver seat had a few fractures. They were operated upon yesternight in Apollo hospital and are now alright.

The car is at Shahbad police station; anybody knows the process to get the car released in such cases. Incidentally the original papers were also in the car and were stolen by locals along with his laptop, iPod and mobile. So will we be able to get the car released with original papers?

We will be trying for total loss. But even if the insurance company doesn't agree for it, we'll dispose it off. Driving a car, which witnessed 2 friends' death won't easy.

Here is a link from a local paper - Ravindra from Gurgaon is my b-i-l -

Jagran - Yahoo! India - News

Nitin
Quote:
@ntomer,
Quote:

Where was he sitting in the car, I thought he was driving it himself.
@Khoj, The original ambigious post suggests that there were 4 people in the esteem.
The one next to the driver and diagonally opposite to the driver perished. And the person sitting behind the driver had a few scratches. So B-I-L should be the driver himself or there must be another driver in there. But since there were 4 people, and the condition of 3 we know from the original post, I am guessing B-I-L was driving.

Last edited by v12 : 28th May 2010 at 11:07. Reason: Off-topic.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:05   #5916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

It doesn't work that way, check out this video

MythBusters - Crash Force
Old 27th May 2010, 19:14   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Ok, buddy, here is the original post. Where is the part where the bus had a flat ?? I know you are all stressed out buddy, chill and get over it.
What's your problem mate? Read carefully, it is very clearly mentioned in the original post that bus driver jumped the divider and collided with him. Same thing is also mentioned in the attached news paper articles.

Last edited by v12 : 28th May 2010 at 11:07.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:28   #5918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read carefully, it is very clearly mentioned in the original post that bus driver jumped the divider and collided with him. Same thing is also mentioned in the attached news paper articles.
Yeah but no mention of a flat again.

Our bus/truck drivers have a tendency to break every rule they can which they can get away with. They don't need a flat to endanger someone on the road. So if you had mentioned the flat earlier, then I would have been free of all other assumptions, buddy. See you are my friend too.
Besides I just asked you something about the law and stuff which goes in the bin, rather you chose to direct me to some original post. Now thats the problem.

Last edited by v12 : 28th May 2010 at 11:07. Reason: Off-topic.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:45   #5919
Senior - BHPian

@prince_parvez

You need to go through the attached link carefully. Below is an excerpt from the same.

रास्ते में अंबाला से कुरुक्षेत्र की ओर आ रही हरियाणा रोडवेज की बस का टायर फट गया और बस डिवाइडर को पार करते हुए दूसरी ओर से अंबाला जा रही कार से जा टकराई।

Nitin or anyone for that matter has nothing to gain by posting incorrect information. All he is doing is letting go of the emotional baggage by sharing his experience here, so let us not make the situation any worse for him than it already is.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:59   #5920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are some more pics, clicked at the accident site. It is tough to imagine, how the driver survived. That too with only a dislocated wrist. He is surely one of the luckiest men around.
A very gory sight ntomer! Also since your near and dear one (B-I-L), is involved makes the incident a really sad and tragic one.
Feel sorry for the occupants killed. Its providence by which your B-I-L is on the recovery path.I WISH HIM WELL FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY.
Actually, upon examining the pictures the Esteem, it seems that the impact was greater at the window-windscreen level. The base of the car damaged though but is quite in its place, whereas the hit at the upper level must have for sure caused head injuries to some occupants.
The high ground clearance of buses and trucks are quite dangerous for cars.Even in a SUV- car hit the, car occupants suffer greater injuries as the SUV's have a higher ground clearance and almost damage the passenger cabin of cars depending upon the kind of impact.
You have asked about getting the car released from the Police. Please consult a good criminal lawyer and let him accompany you to the PS.Because as a citizen I am sure you will face hassles in getting the car released. There is indeed a 2010 SC judgement, which calls for early handing over of motor vehicles in custody with the police to rightful owners.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:41   #5921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
It doesn't work that way, check out this video

MythBusters - Crash Force
That has to be two of the most annoying guys I have ever sat and watched for twenty minutes... but it also totally shatters an illusion that I, and just about everyone else I know, has taken for granted all their lives. Well worth it. Thanks for the link.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:51   #5922
BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few pics of the car. B-i-L is surely lucky to be alive.
Oh God!!!
What an accident!!! The driver got really few injuries.
I rennder all my condolences to those who passed away.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:01   #5923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@Khoj, The original ambigious post suggests that there were 4 people in the esteem.
The one next to the driver and diagonally opposite to the driver perished. And the person sitting behind the driver had a few scratches. So B-I-L should be the driver himself or there must be another driver in there. But since there were 4 people, and the condition of 3 we know from the original post, I am guessing B-I-L was driving.

So go through the analysis before you are asked to read some ambigious original post or get called 'buddy' around here.
Where's the ambiguity in the original post regarding who was driving?

Quote:
My bro-in-law, who works for Samsung was driving to Jalandhar in his Esteem with 3 colleagues, to attend the wedding of another colleage.
Nitin
Old 27th May 2010, 22:50   #5924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Where's the ambiguity in the original post regarding who was driving?
Exactly! Try explaining that to @Khoj who asked the question about who was driving. I did not ask that. Since he did not get who was driving I presented an analysis from the rest of the original post. Get it ?
Old 28th May 2010, 10:21   #5925
Senior - BHPian

Time for everyone's favourite smiley:

Let's move on and get back to accidents, shall we?

PS: Good entertainment fellas, at least I had a morning laugh

From today's Chennai paper, Truck turned turtle after the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Last edited by anekho : 28th May 2010 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks