Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 15:54   #6091
Senior - BHPian

Thats what I call going down the drain!!!! Kudos to him for taking this step and lucky biker!
Old 15th June 2010, 16:03   #6092
BHPian

I feel bad for the Fiesta driver.
But the fiesta looks like it was being driven in the drain.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:06   #6093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not sure fully but if clear attention is paid to the rear tires of the ill-fated Sumo, One can see how bad the condition of the tire is and coupled with that were the rains.
Add to that the extra weight on the roof of the Sumo, lifting up its center of gravity.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:38   #6094
Senior - BHPian

banged up hyundai santro.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0033.jpg  

Old 15th June 2010, 18:43   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Hit and run victim

Was a victim of a hit-and-run last night. Had just moved out of the parking on TV Swamy Road (RS Puram, Coimbatore) and picked up my wife and son. A Scorpio backed up straight into me even though there were at least 3 cars honking and drivers yelling at him to stop. Indica damaged over the front wheel well. The worst part was that he didn't even stop the car and scooted from the spot. I tried chasing him down but he had better luck as I was going the other way and had to make a U-turn. He darted into the side roads and made good his escape.

My wife and son were standing right at the point where he banged into me barely a minute earlier.

The culprit was in a light green Scorpio bearing number TN-38-V-**** and am trying to trace the rascal through the RTO. I wouldn't be so p***ed off, if he had opened his windows and apologized. Instead he chose to run. That's what has made me very angry and I have decided to make sure that I find him.

Last edited by discoverwild : 15th June 2010 at 18:44. Reason: title
Old 15th June 2010, 21:37   #6096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
The Esteem looks horrible. Such a beautiful car destroyed.
Hats off to Mr.Bangalore.
No offence Dude,but the Occupants have lost their lives,and all you are cribbing about is metal
Old 15th June 2010, 22:04   #6097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
...The culprit was in a light green Scorpio bearing number TN-38-V-**** and am trying to trace the rascal through the RTO. I wouldn't be so p***ed off, if he had opened his windows and apologized. Instead he chose to run. That's what has made me very angry and I have decided to make sure that I find him.
Not sure why you have masked the number.

Hope you file a hit and run case in the nearest station.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:11   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Was a victim of a hit-and-run last night.
The culprit was in a light green Scorpio bearing number TN-38-V-**** and am trying to trace the rascal through the RTO. I wouldn't be so p***ed off, if he had opened his windows and apologized. Instead he chose to run. That's what has made me very angry and I have decided to make sure that I find him.
You have full right to be peeved mate. Make sure you register an FIR specifying the culprit vehicle's registration number at the police station under whose jurisdiction accident took place.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:29   #6099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was a victim of a hit-and-run last night. Had just moved out of the parking on TV Swamy Road (RS Puram, Coimbatore) and picked up my wife and son. A Scorpio backed up straight into me even though there were at least 3 cars honking and drivers yelling at him to stop. Indica damaged over the front wheel well. The worst part was that he didn't even stop the car and scooted from the spot. I tried chasing him down but he had better luck as I was going the other way and had to make a U-turn. He darted into the side roads and made good his escape.

My wife and son were standing right at the point where he banged into me barely a minute earlier.

Shucks man! Family and all. Nevertheless, file a complaint and hunt the bugger down. Good to know you and your family are safe.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:32   #6100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
No offence Dude,but the Occupants have lost their lives,and all you are cribbing about is metal
I ain't cribbing about metal mate.
I can't possibly say 'RIP' or 'Get well soon' to every incident I see here.

But anyway, it is real sad about the lives lost.
RIP.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:56   #6101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

chief, you had good reason to be angered, but IMO - you should not have left your family at the spot of the incident alone.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:00   #6102
Distinguished - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-toi-news.jpg
This is about a freak accident that took place at Nagpur on 14/06/2010 morning. I was passing by and saw a new black Pulsar bike parked with a crowd around it. The pillion, a lady of 28 lost her forefoot, which was slashed, when the bike slipped and fell down.The culprit was the rear alloy wheel which aided the injury by accommodating the foot between two spokes.
The victim was shifted to a hospital and the rider was not there when I was passing by the spot.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 16th June 2010 at 21:01.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:21   #6103
Senior - BHPian

^^ This even after the sari guard ? Time to redesign the saree guard to..whaaaaaaaaat ? Wait, how can a foot go inside a saree guard and later reach till
the spokes of the alloy wheels ? I can't see the text properly so please let me know how this can happen. I can see a mention of a fashionable bike. Now which segment is that ?
Old 16th June 2010, 21:31   #6104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Had a minor incident. Was driving my 800 after a really long time. Was at standstill waiting for oncoming traffic to clear up to take a right turn. Just when I was about to move, a biker appeared out of the blues, no headlamps, no helmet nothing came with quite some speed towards my car, braked hard very late, skidded and banged to the left side of my car!: Shockked:

Few pics of the damage.
You can see 2-3 accidents a day at this L&T bypass. Most of the worst accidents in Coimbatore district happen here.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:58   #6105
BHPian

Quote:
Was a victim of a hit-and-run last night.
Sad to know about this.
Were you injured?
Whose indica have you mentioned?
all the best to put the culprits in soup.

Most Viewed