Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 02:01   #6256
BHPian

Accident @ Regal, Mumbai

Just saw this accident.
No Fatalities. Nothing looked too serious
Apparently a north bound Wagon R was rammed into by an east bound truck.

Sorry for the Bad Pics
Mobile Phone Camera not too good for low light conditions
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20100702_010310_175.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20100702_010408_434.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2010, 07:58   #6257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
What i found surprising was that there were no airbags deployed in the Ritz .And i am absolutely sure that there no airbags deployed .I wonder why ?
Probably Maruti decided to cost cut on the number of sensors :-(

I seriously think of doing something like this--> after going through some posts here.

Do you have any concrete proof that Maruti did something like that?
Also, are you aware when and how airbags deploy in case of a collision ?

On top of it, are you aware that in many cases airbags DO NOT deploy in case the driver is not wearing a seat belt?? There have been quite a few such cases on this thread itself where airbags haven't deployed due to the driver not using the seat belt.

Finally, as someone pointed out its hard to believe that the topple happened at a speed of 50kmph (unless there was something very wrong with the banking of the road or mechanicals of the car). I have driven a ritz, the Lxi version which is under-tired and yet it never felt nervous at such low speeds and its much better composed than WagonRs and i10s.

I guess, blaming a manufacturer without any valid data is not the wisest thing to do.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 2nd July 2010 at 08:00.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:24   #6258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
No car can survive a tree of that size falling on the roof, you are right. Talk about bad luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Agreed that it has cardboard above but I'm not sure which car has the capacity to bear that tree fall. Yeah, maybe in some other car there would not have been a death but the roof would have caved in a big way for sure. Thats a big maybe.
Very true -even a Hummer would have crashed in such a condition.But the Omni's safety aspect always comes into our minds whenever any Omni accident takes place.Had seen a Bullet hitting an Omni some years back in a head -on collision. The damage on the Omni appeared as if it was hit by another car.
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:56   #6259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
I seriously think of doing something like this--> after going through some posts here.

Do you have any concrete proof that Maruti did something like that?
Also, are you aware when and how airbags deploy in case of a collision ?

On top of it, are you aware that in many cases airbags DO NOT deploy in case the driver is not wearing a seat belt?? There have been quite a few such cases on this thread itself where airbags haven't deployed due to the driver not using the seat belt.

Finally, as someone pointed out its hard to believe that the topple happened at a speed of 50kmph (unless there was something very wrong with the banking of the road or mechanicals of the car). I have driven a ritz, the Lxi version which is under-tired and yet it never felt nervous at such low speeds and its much better composed than WagonRs and i10s.

I guess, blaming a manufacturer without any valid data is not the wisest thing to do.

Regards.
One of the front passengers had seat belt on .Even his airbags did not deploy in-spite of car doing a somersault .I blame Maruti's engineering for it .I ask why should airbags not deploy when you have seat belts on and car crashing from all sides?
Old 4th July 2010, 00:03   #6260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the front passengers had seat belt on .Even his airbags did not deploy in-spite of car doing a somersault .I blame Maruti's engineering for it .I ask why should airbags not deploy when you have seat belts on and car crashing from all sides?

On of the front passengers?? How many passengers were sitting at front?

Give me a valid proof or data that it is an engineering fault with all the Ritz ZXIs and I'll start a separate thread regarding this issue. But without any sort of data or proof I won't blame a manufacturer.

I mean, maybe it indeed is a problem. But without concrete proof, blaming country's biggest manufacturer o playing with customer's life is a dirty allegation.

Regards.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:13   #6261
BANNED

Quote:
On of the front passengers?? How many passengers were sitting at front?

Give me a valid proof or data that it is an engineering fault with all the Ritz ZXIs and I'll start a separate thread regarding this issue. But without any sort of data or proof I won't blame a manufacturer.

I mean, maybe it indeed is a problem. But without concrete proof, blaming country's biggest manufacturer o playing with customer's life is a dirty allegation.

Regards.
Safety is an issue which even in one car must not happen .I saw it with my own eyes for me that is all the proof i need of the crappy quality of safety gimmicks in the said case.Anyways both the people were alive .(thank god).If only i had taken the front cabin pics you would realize there is no allegation in it .

Lets move on now.Peace Out

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 4th July 2010 at 13:22.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:35   #6262
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! 'Crappy quality of safety gimmicks' ? Can you please elaborate?
Old 4th July 2010, 16:02   #6263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Whoa! 'Crappy quality of safety gimmicks' ? Can you please elaborate?

+1

Quote:
If only i had taken the front cabin pics you would realize there is no allegation in it .

I ask you again, do you know exactly how an airbag works?

Also, was the driver wearing the seat belt?

Further I would like to know what qualifies you to pass a verdict about the 'quality' ? Are you a professional in this field? No hard feelings. But this is a dirty allegation.

Regards.
Old 4th July 2010, 16:52   #6264
BHPian

Head on Collision between Santro and Mercedes C Class. Don't have the details how it happened. Santo has surely taken the beating.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-picture-2.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 16:57   #6265
Distinguished - BHPian

Sarvodhya- Thats a S class now C. Ouch !
Old 4th July 2010, 16:57   #6266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Head on Collision between Santro and Mercedes C Class. Don't have the details how it happened. Santo has surely taken the beating.

I see a mangled blue 800 in the background. Was it involved as well??

And it will take the S-class owner more than 'new Santro money' to fix his car up.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th July 2010 at 17:00.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:12   #6267
BHPian

Is it Mercedes S Class? Then I think, it will cost a Bomb to fix since there are no details about internal damage.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:38   #6268
Senior - BHPian

The Merc repairs would buy a brand new Santro. On the positive side, at least the Santro driver can brag about his meet with the big German. On a lighter note I guess the Santro driver was an Argentenian soccer fan!
Old 4th July 2010, 17:47   #6269
Senior - BHPian

^^ That is gross. The S owner is really going to pay a lot on repair bills. Btw, did anyone notice the rims on the S?(which is not the standard one available on the S in India) and also the panoramic roof. That means, its a proper CBU import(those options aren't available off-the-shelf in India). Something tells me it is a big petrol engined german(possibly a S350 or even a 500).

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th July 2010 at 17:48.
Old 4th July 2010, 19:43   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
I see a mangled blue 800 in the background. Was it involved as well??

And it will take the S-class owner more than 'new Santro money' to fix his car up.

yup, this looks like a crash involvivng 3 cars, no way the santro could have both sides damaged with just the corner of the benz kissing it ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks