Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 23:59   #6271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Merc repairs would buy a brand new Santro. On the positive side, at least the Santro driver can brag about his meet with the big German. On a lighter note I guess the Santro driver was an Argentenian soccer fan!
uncontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
yup, this looks like a crash involvivng 3 cars, no way the santro could have both sides damaged with just the corner of the benz kissing it ...
I think these cars are parked outside a police station and the blue Maruti might be altogether a different case.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:30   #6272
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg
apparently this bolero MH 22 V 944 was returning to parli, maharashtra from madhya pradesh on Friday 16th. at 4 am bolero crashed to electricity pole, it got bent & bolero magically got stuck.

owner was driving bolero to give driver some rest when the accident happened.
sad part is the owner (who was driving) of bolero is dead due to broken glass of window & electricity from broken wires.

Last edited by jeepster : 5th July 2010 at 16:34.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:42   #6273
Senior - BHPian

broken glass? he was not wearing the seat belt?
Old 5th July 2010, 20:13   #6274
BHPian

The bolero has truly shown it's "offroading" capability.Sad news about the owner though.RIP.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:16   #6275
BHPian

The S-class v/s the Santro may not be a nose to nose aka a head-on collision. I'm assuming it must've been angular - the Mercedes travelling North and the Hyundai travelling West.
The way the Santro's front seems to have been 'pushed' towards it's RHS in a very twisty-turvy mangled form + no visible damage to the S-class' front suggests the above!
Old 8th July 2010, 11:42   #6276
BHPian

Some mad guy was trying to break mangoes of a tree by throwing stones while standing on the divider ....i dont know if it hit the mango or not but it did break my cars windshield!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01669.jpg  

Old 8th July 2010, 12:42   #6277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Some mad guy was trying to break mangoes of a tree by throwing stones while standing on the divider ....i dont know if it hit the mango or not but it did break my cars windshield!!!!!!!!
oooh that gotta hurt! that's a Getz you got there, right?
Old 8th July 2010, 12:45   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man.. that's seriously most idiotic thing to do. Sorry to see your cob-webbed windshield!

While we were planting trees in our compound last week, this was the precise thing which I told my wife when she suggested we plant a few fruit bearing trees.

PS - what are those 4 OK stickers for?

Last edited by AlokSriva : 8th July 2010 at 12:47.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:50   #6279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Seems like an accent to me. Not sure though.

I had a similarly damaged windscreen on my old 800 a month back. An oncoming biker decided to bless my windsheild with the touch of his handlebar. I could not do anything as I was at standstill.

@ENIGMA

Try getting it replaced ASAP as the cracks will tend to increase when your car will hit the potholes,etc. Plus monsoons are almost at the doorsteps so its even more dangerous driving around with a damaged windscreen.

And tell that 'mad guy' of yours to send you ten crates full of fresh mangoes as compensation.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 8th July 2010 at 12:51.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:04   #6280
BHPian

@ Enigma : Did you hit him back with a stone or not??

That wasn't a joke, because if you would've been riding a bike, that same stone could've caused painful injury.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:07   #6281
BHPian

Quote:
i know....and the most ironic thing was that while driving past that guy i was commenting on his act of stupidity and as i completed it...boom.. a big black stone fell right on my wind screen....

Its an accent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Oh man.. that's seriously most idiotic thing to do. Sorry to see your cob-webbed windshield!

While we were planting trees in our compound last week, this was the precise thing which I told my wife when she suggested we plant a few fruit bearing trees.

PS - what are those 4 OK stickers for?
i know that mad guy did get a nice yelling from me for sure....

dont know about the stickers , will check it out as soon as my cars back from the workshop..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

I had a similarly damaged windscreen on my old 800 a month back. An oncoming biker decided to bless my windsheild with the touch of his handlebar. I could not do anything as I was at standstill.

@ENIGMA

Try getting it replaced ASAP as the cracks will tend to increase when your car will hit the potholes,etc. Plus monsoons are almost at the doorsteps so its even more dangerous driving around with a damaged windscreen.

And tell that 'mad guy' of yours to send you ten crates full of fresh mangoes as compensation.

Regards.
Its already at the workshop .I initially thought that windscreens were not covered in insurance but felt relieved when i came to knew that they were

Shoot i missed a golden opportunity of getting mangoes for free !!

But the thing that annoyed me the most was that what if this stone of his would have fallen on a person on a two wheeler or a pedestrian!!
When a stone can do that to my windscreen it can surely break a persons head!!!!

Last edited by Enigma : 8th July 2010 at 13:10.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:19   #6282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its already at the workshop .I initially thought that windscreens were not covered in insurance but felt relieved when i came to knew that they were
Yes, windscreens are covered in the Insurance.

Quote:
But the thing that annoyed me the most was that what if this stone of his would have fallen on a person on a two wheeler or a pedestrian!!
When a stone can do that to my windscreen it can surely break a persons head!!!!

Very true! And not a distinct possibility. Thank god that the stone did not land on some one's head.

Next time I drive to Dehradun (have some property at Balbir road) I'll beware of ignorant guys standing on the divider with stones in hands and indulging in some idiotic act.

Quote:
dont know about the stickers , will check it out as soon as my cars back from the workshop..
Those are probably "CHECK OK" stickers all Hyundais have. They are probably pasted once engine/suspension,etc. have been inspected at the factory. Much like "PDI DONE" stickers we have on many cars.

Regards.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:41   #6283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yep, you're right. that's an Accent. Getz has a wider dashboard as below
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0655.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
what are those 4 OK stickers for?
those are:
- PDI OK
- SHOWER OK
- CHASSIS OK
- FINAL OK

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0656.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 19:52   #6284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
@ Enigma : Did you hit him back with a stone or not??

That wasn't a joke, because if you would've been riding a bike, that same stone could've caused painful injury.

Seriously the guy needed to be taught a lesson!!

And he did cause the police also came and well as it happens on the streets of india a mob had gathered....

Quote:
yep, you're right. that's an Accent. Getz has a wider dashboard as below
Attachment 383370

those are:
- PDI OK
- SHOWER OK
- CHASSIS OK
- FINAL OK

Attachment 383371
I never saw those stickers with so much attention!!
I think if all these PDI'S are done on all the cars then they would become more reliable ...
P.S. i dont know anything about PDI'S other manufactures might also do a through PDI but only hyundia must be putting the stickers on..

Quote:
Yes, windscreens are covered in the Insurance.

Next time I drive to Dehradun (have some property at Balbir road) I'll beware of ignorant guys standing on the divider with stones in hands and indulging in some idiotic act.

Regards.
If you do come then for beaware!!Specially on Rajpur Road where all these maniacs roam!!
This guy was actually a nagar nigam employee who was to cut the grass on the side of the road...

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2010 at 21:30. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old 8th July 2010, 19:58   #6285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S. i dont know anything about PDI'S other manufactures might also do a through PDI but only hyundia must be putting the stickers on..

OFF TOPIC-

Its done by all the manufacturers. Just that not all of them put multiple stickers. Usually its "PDI DONE" or something. PDI is Pre-Delivery Inspection done by the dealers before the delivery of the car to customer. Am not sure that those stickers on Hyundais are for PDIs or if the check is done at Hyundai dealers or the factory.

Regards.

Most Viewed