Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 22:38   #6316
BHPian

After all, a car is a car and human life cannot be compared to a car - be it BMW or Nano and whoever is the owner! This is purely my opinion - I would be sad to see a person injured in a car crash, be it BMW, MB or RR or Nano.

I am not sure why BMW owners money is less hard earned, and a Nano owners money is hard earned. I believe, money is all hard earned and in Team-BHP, we could search and find out many super luxury car owners do not hesitate to buy our very desi - India developed Nano.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:05   #6317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
First incident of Nano accident shown on Teambhp I presume. I feel more saddened to see a crashed Nano than a crashed BMW. May be because nine out of ten BMWs come out of easy money whereas nine out of ten Nanos come out of hard earned money. No offence to BMW though, it is my favorite car too.
This is the 2nd nano crash with pics on tbhp.. The first one was in KL i believe. That was a bad one and luckily no other vehicle was involved..
Old 11th July 2010, 23:54   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
After all, a car is a car and human life cannot be compared to a car - be it BMW or Nano and whoever is the owner! This is purely my opinion - I would be sad to see a person injured in a car crash, be it BMW, MB or RR or Nano.

I am not sure why BMW owners money is less hard earned, and a Nano owners money is hard earned. I believe, money is all hard earned and in Team-BHP, we could search and find out many super luxury car owners do not hesitate to buy our very desi - India developed Nano.
You are right Avon. No, I am not happy to see a BMW or for that matter any other car crash. I just said I am MORE PAINED to see a Nano crash. One, it is fragile and tiny. Then somehow I love this car very much. It may be cheapest and slowest car there is and has been butt of all jokes hence my special sympathies to Nano. And yes, I was only referring to cars and not human life.

Now coming to affordability part, most Nano owners graduate from two wheelers and for some of them Nano is the only car they can afford. It is different story with BMW/Jag/RR. May be you have seen some guys buy these cars out of their hard earned money. But here in AP, I have seen that a guy who GENERALLY owns a BMW also owns a dozen other cars and he is a real estate/mafia/politico type whose net worth runs into several hundreds ( if not thousands ) of crores and for him a 1 crore BMW is a pocket change. Now that doesn't mean I want to see these guys crash. I am only talking here about affordability. Hope that explains it.
Old 12th July 2010, 07:29   #6319
BHPian

Quote:
I already made it a long post, but lastly, would like to mention this point - how many of us have seen nuts n bolts being used to repair truck tires? I am sure almost all of us. The most dangerous thing, a tire bust and the nuts n bolts can kill a person if he/she gets hit.
Whoa. Forgive my ignorance, but nuts and bolts used to repair truck tires! How? Can anyone educate me?
Old 12th July 2010, 08:31   #6320
Senior - BHPian

I think the NANO turned turtle or rolled over before getting stuck on the wire. Kudos to TATA for getting the pillar strength right.

Many people complain about that rod that runs across the car just behind the front seats, but it is there for a 'reason'

The wire is actually a pole anchor. Those things are mighty tough, got one near my house, scraped off the paint of my SAFARI till the metal when I got uncomfortably close to one.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:54   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Whoa. Forgive my ignorance, but nuts and bolts used to repair truck tires! How? Can anyone educate me?
@SafeDrive : refer the attached pic, you`ll get what I tried to say in my post.

Moderators : The picture in previous post is small, so I am posting this one. I am not able to edit the previous post, please do the needful.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-images1.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2010 at 22:16.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:27   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moderators : The picture in previous post is small, so I am posting this one. I am not able to edit the previous post, please do the needful.

those are going to shoot out like a bullet from a barrel and cause some serious injuries, some even fatal!!

Old 12th July 2010, 16:14   #6323
BHPian

Quote:
OMG, I can't believe what I am seeing in that PIC of that tyre. Is this really real?
Old 12th July 2010, 17:18   #6324
Senior - BHPian

What the heck is that? That guy needs to be treated as a retard and locked up behind bars before he can cause serious and potentially fatal injuries to road users. Which part of India is this? Please tell me that picture is photoshopped.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:26   #6325
Distinguished - BHPian

There are tyre experts on site, and I am not one, but surely the sidewall is the part that takes the strain of supporting the vehicle. How much strength is left in a tyre patched like this?

I guess this is one of the disadvantages of tube tyres: that the thing holds air makes people think it is ok.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:52   #6326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@SafeDrive : refer the attached pic, you`ll get what I tried to say in my post.
First of all, thanks for sharing this, I had never seen something like this earlier. This is insane! This defies any common sense, how does this actually seal-in the air, wouldn't the nuts actually be in a position to also puncture the tube.

Not to say how much of a hazard it can be for the other road-users.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:08   #6327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This is the 2nd nano crash with pics on tbhp.. The first one was in KL i believe. That was a bad one and luckily no other vehicle was involved..
Yes, this is the 2nd crash. The first being in Kerala.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:52   #6328
Senior - BHPian

I can't quite believe how that truck tyre holds together at reasonable speeds.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:43   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
This is true. Even I have seen more than one patches like this on single tyre. The vehicles are generally brick, soil or sand carriers. Please try to inspect vehicles around you. You will defintely find it.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:17   #6330
BHPian

I have seen tractors running with tyres that have been patched with nuts and bolts here in Bangalore too! Somewhere near Whitefield.

Most Viewed