Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 17:04   #6481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey Arkin,I asked one of the cops who was stationed near my house for some "dooty".Well, he said its not illegal by the letter of the law to take pictures of the skeletal remains we see dumped OUTSIDE police stations(case in point-lodhi road), but "agar afsar ka mann aaya to bahut jhanjhat(problem) khadi kar sakta hai.bahut samay barbaad kara dega, samaan rakh lega",which basically boils down to that you may have to shell out some money, or he will waste so much of your time, that you'll wish you had paid.But hey, use you camera freely on the road for capturing traffic offences and putting it up on the traffic police's facebook page!!
How about press coverage for such events ? Is that illegal too in that case ? I dont think so, unless there is a restraining order from court which gags media/people from talking about a case/evidence there is no such restriction on clicking pictures of such a car.
Old 29th July 2010, 17:09   #6482
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Arkin,I asked one of the cops who was stationed near my house for some "dooty".Well, he said its not illegal by the letter of the law to take pictures of the skeletal remains we see dumped OUTSIDE police stations(case in point-lodhi road), but "agar afsar ka mann aaya to bahut jhanjhat(problem) khadi kar sakta hai.bahut samay barbaad kara dega, samaan rakh lega",which basically boils down to that you may have to shell out some money, or he will waste so much of your time, that you'll wish you had paid.But hey, use you camera freely on the road for capturing traffic offences and putting it up on the traffic police's facebook page!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
How about press coverage for such events ? Is that illegal too in that case ? I dont think so, unless there is a restraining order from court which gags media/people from talking about a case/evidence there is no such restriction on clicking pictures of such a car.
Tanwar, read what he said again. The bold words say it all. He meant to say the policeman told him that doing so was not illegal, but sometimes, one can end up paying a hafta/bribe to someone or might be questioned.

Sorry everyone for going slightly , but this discussion can be useful for those who hesitate taking pics of cars outside Police stations (for posting in the forum) . I hope it ends here.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:03   #6483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
If only he had been wearing his seatbelt.
BTW, when I 1st saw the pic, I thought the i10 had banged into a pedestrian and the pedestrian died. Didn't expect the driver to die in such an accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm shocked at the idea of an elderly person, used to a manual car, being given an auto. It is a crazy thing to do. Our flexibility does not increase as we get older. Even much younger than I am now I have had confusion swapping between manual and auto. On one occasion, I put my foot on the clutch --- except it wasn't there, I hit the brake, and luckily the person behind me stopped in time.

Jumping to conclusions, but it looks like lack of seat belt was the killer in that car.

Yes lack of seat belts usage was the culprit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Just a friendly advise, dont take pics of things at the police station, all these are evidences and can land you in trouble.

Pramod
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Boss i am not here for any controversial discussion, Crazybiker is a friend so its more than my duty to warn him and in the process others who dont tempt fate. You are free to continue doing so it will only take matter of time that the cops might catch you and ask you for an id, if you cannot produce one they will seize your equipment and ask you to come to court and the judge cannot take the accidents in india pics for an answer and might put a ban on the site itself. When experienced people speak its better to keep quite if you cannot acknowledge.

MODS: Please put a not to others not to go and take pics of cars in the police impound unless you are the owner/related to the owner.

Pramod

Reason why i ended up clicking up the pics is to bring notice the issues in changing from a manual car to A/T suddenly.

My relative told me the story of this car as he knew the owner and he told me its the top end A/T version then i asked why didn't airbags deployed at the impact and he went blank. so i stopped over on the way to make sure it's a A/T car without airbags and ended up clicking pics

@ pramod - thanks for remembering me about issues that can happen

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 29th July 2010 at 19:04.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:35   #6484
BHPian

i10 T-boned

this evening my brother's i10 was t-boned by a TVS star city bike on one of the cross roads of malleshwaram. The people there start accusing my brother for rash driving , he somehow managed to hold back the crowd till the backup i arranged arrived at the scene and spoke him out for a compromose. the bike fellow was not ready to come to the police station as his documents were not intact and demanded 5000 for his bike repairs, we finally paid him 1000 bucks and sent him . will have to claim insurance to repair our car. our right front fender is damaged, driver's door has a hole on it, i still dunno how it happened and rear door has a dent on it, guess that happened when the bike fella fell on the door . attaching a few pics, sorry for poor quality of snaps, dubba 5800 camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29072010191.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29072010192.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-29072010193.jpg  

Old 30th July 2010, 07:27   #6485
Distinguished - BHPian

Tanker-Trailer Collision-Both Drivers Alive

Here are pics of a Tanker-Trailer head-on collision in Gujarat.

Result of the impact:
  1. Tanker somersaulted and landed off the road;the driver was reported safe.
  2. Trailer's cabin came off and landed on the side-this driver came out unscathed;not a scratch
The trailer's is an astonishing case.The cabin,apparently the hydraulically operated type, worked like a Jet Pilot's seat .

It just came off the chassis and landed on one side and thus the driver was saved.The steering wheel cannot be seen anywhere.

So just imagine .If this were a "securely fastened" cabin,it would have been curtains for the driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tanker.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-trailer.jpg  

Old 30th July 2010, 09:27   #6486
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a Grande Punto on Banashankari Ring road near Kamakya theatre.
Again this time the culprit seemed to be the speed breaker put up recently
The driver side bumper, light and fender uptil the door was damaged very much I couldn't stop for a snap.
Anybody saw it or have any other details?
Old 30th July 2010, 11:11   #6487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
this evening my brother's i10 was t-boned by a TVS star city bike on one of the cross roads of malleshwaram. The people there start accusing my brother for rash driving , he somehow managed to hold back the crowd till the backup i arranged arrived at the scene and spoke him out for a compromose. the bike fellow was not ready to come to the police station as his documents were not intact and demanded 5000 for his bike repairs, we finally paid him 1000 bucks and sent him . will have to claim insurance to repair our car. our right front fender is damaged, driver's door has a hole on it, i still dunno how it happened and rear door has a dent on it, guess that happened when the bike fella fell on the door . attaching a few pics, sorry for poor quality of snaps, dubba 5800 camera.

The dent you can see towards the bottom of the door is a hole punched in. Will update bout repairs as soon as it is fixed
Old 30th July 2010, 11:13   #6488
BHPian

Our driver's employer's Indigo met with an accident yesterday. The car was turning, when the car in front of it braked hard to avoid hitting a dog. The Indigo banged into the car in front, and the Indigo's front portion got damaged. Bill - RS 30k, covered by Insurance.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:42   #6489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkar View Post
the biker fell on your car and you had to pay him money! you should have dragged him to the police station or at least waited for the police to show up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Our driver's employer's Indigo met with an accident yesterday.
doesn't that mean your Indigo met with an accident?
Old 30th July 2010, 12:15   #6490
Senior - BHPian

Whis is what happened when a truck moving on wrong side brushed a Siemens bus today. Pictures courtesy, a friend who was on the bus. Quality of pic is on poorer side as it was taken from a mobile phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg  

Old 30th July 2010, 12:22   #6491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
the biker fell on your car and you had to pay him money! you should have dragged him to the police station or at least waited for the police to show up!

I think the mob mentality wouldve forced him to pay out.
As usually, in mob justice, its the bigger vehicle's fault, no matter if the bike guy was pulling a knieval on the road.

One easy solution to pacify the mob, and the other person involved is(if youre being coerced into giving money.), to pay out,plus exchange a copy of RCs(i have at least 2 in my vehicle at all times,JIC).
This usually placates the mob as it is no big deal.And belive me, in every instant that ive faced this, the other guy refused to take the money, as people abusing vehicles in such a manner usually dont have papers in order, or are joyriding someone else's wheels.
I dont know the legality/complications in thi, but it sort of points out to the crowds that you're genuine about your concern.

enzoy.

PS: that "indigo" line reminded me of the school era jokes(mother's husband's son is....???).
Old 30th July 2010, 12:43   #6492
BHPian

Speeding car crashes into lake

This happened in Hyderabad yesterday. As per the reports, it was a brand new Swift and the teenager could not control it. The car ended up in the lake. More details at - Speeding car crashes into lake | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-07-30
Old 30th July 2010, 13:41   #6493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Quote:
I
PS: that "indigo" line reminded me of the school era jokes(mother's husband's son is....???).
No, not at all. Our indigo is fine, and I even travelled in it this morning. My dad is the driver's boss, the guy from whom we got the driver is his employer.

EDIT: Hotkar, you should've dragged that bloke to the Police Stn. He has no right to ride without proper documents. Also, was he wearing his helmet.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 30th July 2010 at 13:47.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:33   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
One easy solution to pacify the mob, and the other person involved is(if youre being coerced into giving money.), to pay out,plus exchange a copy of RCs(i have at least 2 in my vehicle at all times,JIC).
Doesn't look like a easy solution to me. Activities like Paying-out, exchanging doc's come only after the mob cools down and when the talks are on.
You need a lot more to pacify the mob:
  • Local language proficiency
  • Good physique
  • Cool (Presence of) mind
  • Boldness
  • etc. etc.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:38   #6495
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable! Looking at the state of the vehicles one cannot imagine that the drivers escaped unhurt.. Good that there is no loss of life in such a major accident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks