Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 00:13   #6601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Where exactly in Salt lake did this happen. Is this near the AMRI Hospital?
Tthis is on the road next to the Laboni housing Estate in Salt Lake.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:13   #6602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The white small car that is completely smashed is M800 IMO. I have an edited picture for the same.
yep, that's a M800 alright. compared the structure with the M800 my father-in-law has. this is a newer generation M800.
Old 15th August 2010, 11:03   #6603
BHPian

Mangalore Crash

Hey Guys,

I got these photos from a friend of mine who took them on the way from Mangalore to Kerala.
Apparently the driver was doing excess of 200kmph when this happend. He was overtaking a series of vehicles on a bridge when he lost control and rammed into the beam of the bridge. The Driver/ Owner is still alive and injuries are limited to broken ribs.
May be someone from mangalore can add inputs to this.

The Vehicle is still on temporary registration if you notice.

Cant help but agree with Spiderman "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-range-rover.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-range-rover-accident-mangalore1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-range-rover-accident-mangalore1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-range-rover-accident-mangalore.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-range-rover1.jpg  

Old 15th August 2010, 12:30   #6604
Senior - BHPian

One word "Ouch" !
Doing High speeds on a 2 Tonne + Suv plus the High Center of Gravity = Recipe for disaster(unless of course you are driving a Cayenne).
Old 15th August 2010, 12:48   #6605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
One word "Ouch" !
Doing High speeds on a 2 Tonne + Suv plus the High Center of Gravity = Recipe for disaster(unless of course you are driving a Cayenne).

I do not think that Range Rover is a disaster. Am sure its not a X6 or a Cayenne on highways but is it that bad?? I doubt.

Depends a lot more on driver. Doing in excess of 200kmph on our roads in any vehicle could had led to this. IMO driver is lot more to be blamed than the vehicle in this case here.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 15th August 2010 at 13:07.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2010, 13:02   #6606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
I do not think that Range Rover is a disaster. Am sure its not a X6 or a Cayenne on highways but is it that bad?? I doubt.

Depends a lot more on driver. Doing in excess of 200kmph on our roads in any vehicle could had lead to this. IMO driver is lot more to be blamed than the vehicle in this case here.

Regards.
Rangies were never performance oriented so high speed maneuvers are a big no no , as is the case with almost all SUV's.

Clearly The Driver Did had no idea about the Limitations of his car.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:04   #6607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
I do not think that Range Rover is a disaster.
That is not what vinaydas said: you have to read his entire equation.

Mind you, this does not appear to be any sort of SUV stability problem here, just a complete moron who would probably have done the same thing (at even greater speed?) in a low-slung Porsche

I wish that the pain in this guy's ribs might prompt him to get some driving lessons!
Old 15th August 2010, 13:22   #6608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is not what vinaydas said: you have to read his entire equation.
I understand what he said. And what I said was simply that I doubt that Rangie is a recipe for disaster. Yes I understand that the equation you are talking about involves many other SUVs but somehow its hard to believe that a RR can be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Mind you, this does not appear to be any sort of SUV stability problem here, just a complete moron who would probably have done the same thing (at even greater speed?) in a low-slung Porsche

I wish that the pain in this guy's ribs might prompt him to get some driving lessons!
+1

Regards.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:32   #6609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov626 View Post
Apparently the driver was doing excess of 200kmph when this happend. He was overtaking a series of vehicles on a bridge when he lost control and rammed into the beam of the bridge.

It really hurts to see a new vehicle being abused this way. Just a few questions here: Since the vehicle is unregistered yet, what happens about the insurance? I mean, does the insurance company have to pay the amount to the driver or they are not obliged to pay any amount to the driver? Does the registration have to do anything with the insurance? And is there any chance of repairing it, or is it going to be declared as totaled?
Old 15th August 2010, 13:34   #6610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
It really hurts to see a new vehicle being abused this way. Just a few questions here: Since the vehicle is unregistered yet, what happens about the insurance? I mean, does the insurance company have to pay the amount to the driver or they are not obliged to pay any amount to the driver? Does the registration have to do anything with the insurance? And is there any chance of repairing it, or is it going to be declared as totaled?

Insurance should come into play here.
And that looks like a total loss to me. Not sure though.

Regards.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:47   #6611
BHPian

That has to be a total loss. Looking at this picture, even though at crazy high speeds this is one of the roughest SUV's out there and has become crumpled metal.
Another beauty wasted. Sad part is as it is a new vehicle, insurance pays total cost (no depreciation) and the owner will probably get a new one without blinking an eyelid.
Old 15th August 2010, 14:20   #6612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov626 View Post
Hey Guys,

I got these photos from a friend of mine who took them on the way from Mangalore to Kerala.
Apparently the driver was doing excess of 200kmph when this happend. He was overtaking a series of vehicles on a bridge when he lost control and rammed into the beam of the bridge. The Driver/ Owner is still alive and injuries are limited to broken ribs.
May be someone from mangalore can add inputs to this.

Cant help but agree with Spiderman "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"
The owner of this car is from thrissur and he was dring it from blore when it happened , he survived the accident with 2 broken ribs and is fine now
Old 15th August 2010, 14:29   #6613

This is the same incident reported a couple of months ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1914763
Old 15th August 2010, 15:10   #6614
Senior - BHPian

^^Amazing ain't it? Any vehicle performance based or not, if it can save the life of its rash owners is totally worth the money spent. Thats a bad crash nevertheless.
Old 15th August 2010, 17:04   #6615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
That has to be a total loss. Looking at this picture, even though at crazy high speeds this is one of the roughest SUV's out there and has become crumpled metal.
Another beauty wasted. Sad part is as it is a new vehicle, insurance pays total cost (no depreciation) and the owner will probably get a new one without blinking an eyelid.

Yes but after seeing what happened to his car after this crash, i would expect him to drive on the road and NOT FLY. If he has any intentions of living that is. Usually it would be a case of "lesson learnt" after experiencing something THIS bad. Pure speculation though. 'kuch bhi ho sakta hai !!!'. Wev got all sorts of freaks on our roads.

Most Viewed