Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 12:21   #7021
Senior - BHPian

@Sunish - That Innova incident looks really depressing to me. I know they're strangers, but still, I'm feeling very bad inside me. Don't tell me, you witnessed the accident. It would be a pain to watch than the victims themselves. Hopefully the ladies were wearing seatbelts.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:26   #7022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
the Innova and Accent Viva look totalled! the window on the Volvo is broken, was it a rear-ending?
Yes it is a case of rear ending!! You can see a considerable portion of the rear end of the truck inside the bus.Front seat passengers on the LHS would stand no chance against this
Old 10th November 2010, 12:54   #7023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
For all those who drive from/to Chennai or the South of TN, Kerala from/to Bangalore, here's a piece of advice.

Never ever get back to Bangalore on a Sunday evening especially if its a long weekend. If you have to then:

For Chennai folks its better to use the Chittoor route as its shorter by 25 kms and though its two lane, you will not waste your time at Toll plazas.

For those driving from Salem, take the Palakodu, Rayakottai route from the outskirts of Dharmapuri. This road is in good condition (atleast till before the rains) and will join near Hosur. If you can actually take the way through Denkinikottai you will end up at Attibele junction and totally miss three of the tolls (Thoppur, Krishnagiri and Attibele). Again this route is shorter but two lane.

The traffic in these routes are very less these days as most vehicles take the GQ or NSEW corridors.
That is a very good piece of advice. I was in double mind whether to take the Rayakotta route after Dharmapuri, but wasn't sure of road conditions so just continued on NH7 to face the horrible scenes of that night.
Next time, I sure will take Rayakotta road - works best for me as my home in Hosur is on Rayakotta road..
Old 10th November 2010, 12:54   #7024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Sunish - That Innova incident looks really depressing to me. I know they're strangers, but still, I'm feeling very bad inside me. Don't tell me, you witnessed the accident. It would be a pain to watch than the victims themselves. Hopefully the ladies were wearing seatbelts.
No, i did not witness the accident, and i pray for the victims.

Also saw a brand new ford endeavor totalled (With temp regn plates) he rammed into a roadside wall, though the car is not repairable the only injury to driver was knee injury. That said, i should really appreciate the smart person to drive a brand new car above speeds of 120kmph ! Too much excitement i guess.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:00   #7025
BHPian

Quote:
the Innova and Accent Viva look totalled! the window on the Volvo is broken, was it a rear-ending?
I tend to think the Volvo's front passenger door got blocked due to the rear ending the truck, so the passengers broke the volvo's right side windows to get out...
Just a guess.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:19   #7026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Same feeling here. I am surprised ( & also it is a satisfaction that persons in innova are only injured but alive) the survival of innova persons! what an horrible crash. A new model innova is totally finished.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:33   #7027
Senior - BHPian

This is what happens when the great khali is ousted from the big boss 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo1334.jpg  

Old 10th November 2010, 18:07   #7028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Saw a XYLO badly damaged on Hosur Road, between Bommanahalli and GarvePalya. It was facing the opposite direction (towards Madivala).
Looked like it was coming on the service road fast and ran onto the median.
Couldn't stop to take PICs as there was already a lot of vehicles around.
Anyone has more details?
I saw the Xylo also a damaged Indica. Xylo'r front and rear was badly damaged.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:05   #7029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
i tried to take picture of the Xylo when the traffic had come to a standstill, but vehicles on the opposite side wouldn't let me! then the traffic moved and that was that!

i had seen a black Toyota Corolla too in front of the Total mall. looked like it had rear-ended into something. the weird thing was it had a visible dent on the rear right side. wonder if it happened on the same accident.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:18   #7030
Senior - BHPian

Reliable tyres

Here is a pic of a tyre of BMTC bus I took today. That circular dark thing is crack running almost a full circle around the tyre. Accident waiting to happen?? Dont know.

Did not know where to post this. If appropriate then move it or else can be deleted.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10112010001.jpg
Old 11th November 2010, 00:28   #7031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
That circular dark thing is crack running almost a full circle around the tyre. Accident waiting to happen?? Dont know.
Maybe not - looks more like a thin rubber tubing material used as a separator between the tyre bead and the rim edge. Doubt if that sort of a crack can happen so close to the tyre bead.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:43   #7032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Saw a XYLO badly damaged on Hosur Road, between Bommanahalli and GarvePalya. It was facing the opposite direction (towards Madivala).
Looked like it was coming on the service road fast and ran onto the median.
Couldn't stop to take PICs as there was already a lot of vehicles around.
Anyone has more details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
i tried to take picture of the Xylo when the traffic had come to a standstill, but vehicles on the opposite side wouldn't let me! then the traffic moved and that was that!

i had seen a black Toyota Corolla too in front of the Total mall. looked like it had rear-ended into something. the weird thing was it had a visible dent on the rear right side. wonder if it happened on the same accident.
Spotted a badly damaged XYLO again today this morning in Madivala in front of Wipro building.
Not sure whether it's the same one towed to the Madivala Police Station.
Old 11th November 2010, 13:56   #7033
Senior - BHPian

chaos again today morning on JVLR after IIT. due to subsequent

many vehicles were scrapping against each other in trying to pass through the artificial passage that was put up.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7463.jpg  

Old 11th November 2010, 14:12   #7034
Senior - BHPian

In the Accent / Innova accident on previous page, Accent looks in a much better shape. Its passenger cabin is fully intact while that of Innova is crushed. And I was thinking Innova is a safer vehicle of the two.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:18   #7035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
chaos again today morning on JVLR after IIT. due to subsequent

many vehicles were scrapping against each other in trying to pass through the artificial passage that was put up.
Is that the Gandhinagar flyover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks