Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 13:01   #7216
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

^^^
Oh lord!!!!
Look at the scale of that accident.
This is a thread one should look at before starting on a Highway journey. The distance between life and death is very small. I hope that there are no casualties. I know it might look out of place given the scale of destruction but I still hope there are no casualties.
Old 27th December 2010, 13:12   #7217
BHPian

Saw 2 accidents on my weekend trip to Chikmagalur.

The first one was near Hassan where a Dzire and Omni collided head on. I reached the spot just behind the Ambulance. The Dzire was badly mangled at the front but the people inside must have been wearing seatbelts coz the windshield was intact. I'm sure they got away without any injuries. The people inside on the Omni on the other hand, must have had some bad injuries coz the front was completely damaged. I didn't stop to ask the details though.

The second one was probably a Ford Ikon which hit a pole just outside Chikmagalur on the way to Muthodi. The guy must have crashed into the pole at high speed coz there was a lot of damage on the car and the pole was completely bent. There was a lot of blood at the spot when we reached there yesterday morning.

Does anyone have any details about these accidents ?
Old 27th December 2010, 23:33   #7218
BHPian

Saw this crash in one of my friend's friend's FB album. He says this happened on 4th April. He was in the car and got out without a scratch. No idea how it happened, but it's a horrific rear-end.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-i10.jpg
Old 27th December 2010, 23:49   #7219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Saw this crash in one of my friend's friend's FB album. He says this happened on 4th April. He was in the car and got out without a scratch. No idea how it happened, but it's a horrific rear-end.
Another one of those i10's badly mangled. This is the umpteenth time I seeing an i10 badly mangled up.

Safety anyone?.
Old 28th December 2010, 00:23   #7220
Distinguished - BHPian

If you hit any car hard enough, it crumbles.
Old 28th December 2010, 00:25   #7221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
The driver portion seems intact. No wonder he came out w/o a scratch. Horrible to see a car like this.
Old 28th December 2010, 01:05   #7222
Senior - BHPian

OMG. It looks like 4 vehicles in that accident. Unable to place how the accident took place. I dont think the trailer fell on the cars, else it would not have come out. Looks like they rammed or got hit by the truck and then both cars were pushed forward by the public to clear the road.
Old 28th December 2010, 08:08   #7223
BHPian

I was there at the spot of this accident few seconds after it happened. Me and wife were returning to bangalore after christmas and this happened around 3.00am in the morning. The scene was horrifying with bodies still in the TT and dead silence everywhere. There were enough people to help so we moved on. Did not click pics obviously.

The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : 7 tourists from Karnataka killed in road accident

It seems the truck driver was arrested but don't think he is at fault. The tata trailer was on the extreme left of the road and suffered minor damages only. The lights were not damaged and was still glowing (or did the truck driver switch it on after the incident ?)

Don't call me rude, but i was not surprised with this happening. As it is festival season, most of the people were travelling to sabarimala, velankanni and temples around TN, van/bus drivers were obviously over stretched. Add to it few of them even had their regular "pegs" to avoid stress while driving. I happened to speak to one TT driver when he wanted help in finding the route to Bangalore from Trivandrum and he was drunk. I could see few TT drivers were sleeping while driving and knowing the kind of mentality of travellers, they would not let the driver rest and keep driving as "the travellers need to reach their destinations fast"

Highway patrol guys were seen at regular intervals but their job is to smoke, talk on cell phone or look at opportunities for bribe than making people follow rules and spreading the message of safe driving.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 28th December 2010 at 08:11. Reason: incomplete
Old 31st December 2010, 12:07   #7224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^This looks horrific.
looks like probably, the ANHC and Alto were moving along the trolley trailer when it skidded and toppled. ANHC has been crushed, while looks alto tried escaping by reducing the speed, but still couldn't escape it. ANHC took it totally on the side.
I am sure there would have been casualties. RIP.
Miraculously there were no casualities. The accident happened when a truck hit the container truck causing it to careen into the fast track and topple. The cars on the fast track had to break leading to a mini pileups.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:24   #7225
Senior - BHPian

I found this car that was sandwitched between two trucks and subsequently dragged for a kilometer by the truck ahead before coming to halt.

The pic was taken at a garage! It was declared total loss!

Three cousins were travelling in the car and are reported to be recuperating and safe, though seriously injured!!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11122010012.jpg

Just found another pic of the same:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11122010011.jpg

Can you believe that this car is a swift??

Last edited by anilisanil : 31st December 2010 at 12:41.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:28   #7226
Senior - BHPian

Came out of my home,yesterday to spot this.
Wondering how did it happen,as i stay inside a cantonment.
it was raining,and happened late at night,so it might be a case of drunken driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0280.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0281.jpg  

Old 31st December 2010, 12:30   #7227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
it was raining,and happened late at night,so it might be a case of drunken driving.

Did it fly off that wall or what? Considering that you took that pic from road, one must work really hard to crash like THAT!!!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:33   #7228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I found this car that was sandwitched between two trucks and subsequently dragged for a kilometer by the truck ahead before coming to halt.
That must have been an incredibly terrifying kilometre. A driving instructor of mine used to say, "Don't be the meat in the sandwich: avoid being in the middle of two other vehicles".

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Wow.... that is advanced car parking!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:33   #7229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Did it fly off that wall or what? Considering that you took that pic from road, one must work really hard to crash like THAT!!!
According to the guy standing at the spot,the car skidded off the road,i am still wondering how did it turn turtle.
Luckily no one was hurt.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:43   #7230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That must have been an incredibly terrifying kilometre. A driving instructor of mine used to say, "Don't be the meat in the sandwich: avoid being in the middle of two other vehicles".

Wow.... that is advanced car parking!
A driving instructor actually said that? I'm pleasantly surprised! Maybe our driving schools have started to improve after all!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks