Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 12:34   #7276
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This accident involved two Auto's, one being a goods carrier (the culprit) and a passenger auto. Eye witness say, both these vehicles were speeding and collided head on. The impact left the goods carrier colliding with my ride which was unfortunately parked beside the collision point.

As a result of this, the passenger Auto had a broken windshield and minor dents and scratches. The passenger inside the Auto got hurt too with minor cuts.

Ape Auto seems to be a major problem for all commuters and public. They are very rash and dont even bother the pedestrians and other vehicles.
oh! the Ape's are a menace! here in Bangalore, most of the Ape goods carriers i've seen drive like they own the roads and don't even give way to fast moving vehicles! sometimes they would move left and right to block the path!
Old 5th January 2011, 13:20   #7277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Saw this Pajero parked outside the Madivala Police station. Has an AP regn and also a flat rear left tire.

P.S. Taken from my phone-cam so please excuse the quality.
I saw this when this was being towed .A TT with a dent above the LHS tire was also parked nearby .My guess is the TT driver took a turn right in front of the Pajero
Old 5th January 2011, 17:08   #7278
Distinguished - BHPian

@naveenraju- Sorry about that mate. But we seem to have a spiritual connection! My Swift got its front bumper scratched when it was parked in a lane in Dadar a couple of nights ago. Not too much visible damage but the force of the impact seems to have dislodged the front bumper from its normal position- the panel gaps are totally uneven now with one side much more than the other. I have to go get it checked out, hope it isn't anything major.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:14   #7279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@naveenraju- Sorry about that mate. But we seem to have a spiritual connection! My Swift got its front bumper scratched when it was parked in a lane in Dadar a couple of nights ago. Not too much visible damage but the force of the impact seems to have dislodged the front bumper from its normal position- the panel gaps are totally uneven now with one side much more than the other. I have to go get it checked out, hope it isn't anything major.
Ya. I know dude. It's indeed a very bad feeling. Anyways, have to get it repaired sometime this week.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:28   #7280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This accident involved two Auto's, one being a goods carrier (the culprit) and a passenger auto...

Ape Auto seems to be a major problem for all commuters and public. They are very rash and dont even bother the pedestrians and other vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oh! the Ape's are a menace! here in Bangalore, most of the Ape goods carriers i've seen drive like they own the roads and don't even give way to fast moving vehicles! sometimes they would move left and right to block the path!
+1 to what both of you have said. They are a menace during nights too. Their headlights are positioned at a car driver's eye level. The less civilized beings driving them don't know what a low-beam is. Even if they get a dose of 100W or 130W straight on their face they won't budge to dip their beams. When they're sure that the guy coming against him is not intending to veer off, would they sway to the left side. Recently, the Tata (men)ace has also joined their league

IMO, these contraptions should be fitted with either automatic dippers, or headlamps whose high beams don't light up more than a car-length ahead of them. The second option would curtail their maniacal speed also to an extent
Old 5th January 2011, 22:35   #7281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
ahmedabad sure has parking issues. and specially near the airport area where people dont want to spend 60 rs on airport parking. Looks like this guy went a little over board

I got this pic from a friend who snapped this a few months ago near the airport circle out side the Gateway Hotel
This appears to be a case of drunk driving. Many people in Ahmedabad go on the Gandhinagar highway/Simran outlet/Airport to drink while driving or to eat.
Old 8th January 2011, 09:30   #7282
BHPian

Spotted this near signature tower today morning and it was foggy this morning.
It seems that the M800 somehow got under the truck toppling both the vehicles.

Excuse for the mobile cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08012011.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08012011001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-08012011002.jpg  

Old 8th January 2011, 22:35   #7283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Looks like the M-800 hit the truck on its rear axle with enough force to knock the axle out from under the truck.

A few crashes from NH58 again.

A crashed Civic
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aa1.jpg

A crashed Qualis riding atop a truck
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aa2.jpg

Don't know what happened to this truck chassis, but it would have taken a phenomenal force to twist the chassis by almost 90*.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aa3.jpg

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 8th January 2011 at 22:36.
Old 8th January 2011, 23:02   #7284
BHPian

was a brand new alto, temp registeration. the guy in the pictures is the surveyor. was just outside the gitam gate, near rushi konda. luckily nobody was seriously hurt but the car was badly damaged

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00151.jpg

Old 9th January 2011, 09:09   #7285
Senior - BHPian

There's a huge pile up of traffic on Santacruz (Mumbai) flyover. Apparently an Esteem crossed over the divider and went under a truck. I happened to see the bodies struck inside the car; feeling bad about it. There was police, there was fire brigade but sadly no Ambulance. I am sure the ambulance had not arrived.

The whole A & B pillar was under the truck.

Sorry no pics. I didn't find it appropriate to click pictures as it was not a moment to be cherised or to be made memorable by capturing it.

RIP

Last edited by Amartya : 12th January 2011 at 01:55. Reason: Minor edit: added the missing word.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:01   #7286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Spotted this near signature tower today morning and it was foggy this morning.

Excuse for the mobile cam.
Actually the truck had a axle broken and was standing there for almost a day, the rear was precariuosly placed on the rear 3 tyres kept in the middle of the truck, saw it on Friday Night and it seemed an accident waiting to happen and on Saturday morning, saw this accident, seems the M800 guy did not see it in the morning foggy conditions and hit the truck.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:12   #7287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a huge pile up of traffic on Santacruz (Mumbai) flyover.......
There's an article in today's TOI on this accident. The car was being driven by a lady driver who was going home after dropping her husband at the airport.

Last edited by Amartya : 12th January 2011 at 01:57. Reason: Have edited the original post, hence had to edit this one as well. Thanks.
Old 11th January 2011, 17:42   #7288
BHPian

Quote:
Ya. I know dude. It's indeed a very bad feeling. Anyways, have to get it repaired sometime this week.
I can understand your feelings. A school kid on a bicycle rammed into my parked car and broke the rear tail lamp & his cycle's brake lever caused a deep gash on the side also.

Upon hearing the 'bang' sound, went outside and saw this boy sprawled on the road with 2 of his front teeth missing and blood oozing out of his lips. Seeing me, he hastily beat a retreat from the spot.

I had to spend 1.5k for the new tail lamp unit ( item+labour).
Old 11th January 2011, 20:41   #7289
Team-BHP Support

APSRTC Bus fell off at Yellapur on the famed NH63.

Here is the report on Hindu:

The Hindu : Karnataka News : Two pilgrims, bus driver die in Uttara Kannada accident
Old 11th January 2011, 22:35   #7290
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning, I saw two cars involved in an accident at the "U-Turn" after Ejipura Signal and before the EGL campus near Domlur, Bangalore. The cars involved were an Indicab and a Ford Ikon, both taxis. From the damages, I guess / make out that the Ikon rammed into the passenger side of the Indicab. The cab's passenger side was a big "V" shape on collision. I guess the Indicab was taking a U-turn and the Ikon came straight into it. People who are familiar with the inner ring road will understand what I mean and usually people drive really fast in that stretch. I think even the placement of the speed breaker didnt help. They should ideally have painted the yellow stripe on the speed breakers.

Could note take pictures as I crossed the spot at 6 AM and I didnt have a proper cam as well !

Most Viewed