Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 09:52   #7291
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I can understand your feelings. A school kid on a bicycle rammed into my parked car and broke the rear tail lamp & his cycle's brake lever caused a deep gash on the side also.

Upon hearing the 'bang' sound, went outside and saw this boy sprawled on the road with 2 of his front teeth missing and blood oozing out of his lips. Seeing me, he hastily beat a retreat from the spot.

I had to spend 1.5k for the new tail lamp unit ( item+labour).
Gosh..! Sad to hear that.!

Good thing is that MVD is introducing strict lane discipline and many other rules today. Hopefully, these guys will make good use of this new rule.

Great to see that media is following this as well.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:06   #7292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Good thing is that MVD is introducing strict lane discipline and many other rules today. Hopefully, these guys will make good use of this new rule.

Great to see that media is following this as well.

Hey, sorry somehow I missed this news, when is this happening? Any links?
Old 12th January 2011, 12:41   #7293
Distinguished - BHPian

WHat about the khan market incident today?
Yes, everyone is baying for his blood, but doesnt it seem like lynching before the mobs?

May Wilson's sould RIP.
And i dont know if there was aggravation before the scrape itself.
but based on the media's and the parking guys recounts, it was a case of road rage, no?
the guy in the ikon, made an error, brushed the i10, but then when wilson, got down and started thrashing him(this is straight from the parking attendants mouth, mind you), well, he tried getting away, as any of us would do.

post this, its 100% the ikon guys fault.
Maybe he got scared, but running over a human , unforgivable.
I wish he could have just rolled up his windows somehow.Its a crowded, policed market.
There would have been no more beating,breaking of the car or anything.It would have ended up in the police station.
He tried to run, and got caught.

Lets see how this ends up.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:12   #7294
BHPian

Police have "managed" to register a bailable offence, so the pilot can go back to flying planes !! He is out on bail.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:19   #7295
Team-BHP Support

What the Pilot is saying is that he tried to run away from wilson. Wilson jumped on his car, and fell. Pilot says he did not realize that wilson leg is caught in the wheel, therefore he tried to run away.
Its not a case of road rage by the Pilot, but a case of the aggressor getting the raw end of the deal.
Anyways, its for forensics to decide whether the pilot deliberately ran over the guy, or if it was an accident.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:19   #7296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey, sorry somehow I missed this news, when is this happening? Any links?
Hey, sorry to mention that this rule is introduced in Cochin from today. Guess all other metros already have this.

The rule will be applicable to

1) Improper lane changing
2) Parking on NH
3) Excessive use of horn
4) Rash Driving
5) Driving constantly on the white line
6) For not using indicators

and many more.

The fine will range from 100 to 2000 and some even have 2 months imprisonment.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:29   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What the Pilot is saying is that he tried to run away from wilson. Wilson jumped on his car, and fell. Pilot says he did not realize that wilson leg is caught in the wheel, therefore he tried to run away.
Its not a case of road rage by the Pilot, but a case of the aggressor getting the raw end of the deal.
Anyways, its for forensics to decide whether the pilot deliberately ran over the guy, or if it was an accident.
Something smells of a coverup to me. The police are now saying that the guy might have died due to the fall rather than him being runover by the car. Don't know what to believe .

Quote:
The official said it appeared that Aggarwal did not do it do it intentionally. "The pilot was trying to enter the market while he was being thrashed allegedly by Jolly.

"Jolly fell down. There was little space between the car and footpath where Jolly was standing. His injuries were on the right side of his body. He apparently died due to the fall," the official said.
Jet pilot who ran over restaurant manager gets bail
Old 12th January 2011, 15:57   #7298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Something smells of a coverup to me. The police are now saying that the guy might have died due to the fall rather than him being runover by the car. Don't know what to believe .

Jet pilot who ran over restaurant manager gets bail
There are multiple versions of this accident. You have said one of those. Another version says this guys ran the car over the fellow 4 times ! Now how can that be trying to escape or even un-intentional ? But one point that is almost constant in all versions is that the guy who was killed started it all ! So I feel he ended up paying for that as well. Lets see how this turns out to be!

And yes for the last couple of days, Bangy is all in the news because of money extortion gangs. Guess its the same group that was active in HSR layout. And what is worser this time is these guys are striking in day light - around 10 - 11 AM on Black discover bikes. As per the TOI, these guys just shoo away if the car guys start picking a fight with them. People who tolerate them are the ones who get into the receiving end. I am thinking of buying pepper spray and keeping it in some accessible place in my car.

Your suggestions and inputs are welcome.

1. Should I use pepper spray or are there better / safer ways to keep these guys at bay? I travel alone.
2. Where can I buy this?
3. Which is the best place to keep this - I drive a swift?
4. How do we use this, any steps / guide to use with the user not becoming victim of his own usage?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th January 2011 at 16:03.
Old 12th January 2011, 16:12   #7299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. Should I use pepper spray or are there better / safer ways to keep these guys at bay? I travel alone.Short of a fingerprint recognizing handgun or a roof mounted howitzer, the best physical deterrent.Guns/knives/bats etc much more likely to cause humongous harm if the other guy gets a hold of it.
2. Where can I buy this?Ebay!!
3. Which is the best place to keep this - I drive a swift? A-Pillar, Flame retarder type holder
4. How do we use this, any steps / guide to use with the user not becoming victim of his own usage? Ref Terminator salvation, the loop.
Just my thoughts......easier to deal with the police too, in case of incidents, as it is universally accepted as a self defence tool.
(crowd dispersion too, but i think there's bigger issues at hand if you alone are faced with a crowd upon you )
Old 12th January 2011, 16:18   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
1. Should I use pepper spray or are there better / safer ways to keep these guys at bay? I travel alone.
2. Where can I buy this?
3. Which is the best place to keep this - I drive a swift?
4. How do we use this, any steps / guide to use with the user not becoming victim of his own usage?
I bought mine from this site :
Spike Labs .:. The New Language Of Self Defense
The company is based in Bangalore and i got the delivery within 2 days of payment.

It is definitely a good idea to carry these with us considering the situation right now. I put it in the space just below the CD player in my Punto. Here , it stays reasonably hidden as well as easily accessible to me.
Just aim it at the person and press the nozzle. Make sure you don't test it on yourself .
Old 12th January 2011, 17:58   #7301
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning, I saw two cars involved in an accident at the "U-Turn" after Ejipura Signal and before the EGL campus near Domlur, Bangalore. .........
Could note take pictures as I crossed the spot at 6 AM and I didnt have a proper cam as well !
I too saw this yesterday morning and the indica was badly bashed up. A pretty bad case of T-boning i suppose. Could see some blood in the icon dash. Just hope there were no casualtities.
Old 12th January 2011, 21:14   #7302
Senior - BHPian

saw this in front of Total mall Madiwala. there was a bus parked too with its right rear damaged badly. i think it was a case of rear-ending.

Name:  _MG_7000.JPG
Views: 4261
Size:  189.6 KB
Old 12th January 2011, 21:24   #7303
BHPian

This Scorpio was in for repairs, VIP Number didn't help.
Seems like it went under a truck on one side, overtaking maneuver gone wrong. Most of the damage on the A pillar and roof.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imag0279.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 21:37   #7304
BHPian

This ...just happened. Probably the guy didn't see the road turn. The turn is smooth enough for a car going at 100km/hr.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1030884_s.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1030885_s.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1030886_s.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 11:16   #7305
Senior - BHPian

Was that somewhere in Mohali?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks