Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 09:20   #7336
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I dunno if anyone else has already uploaded this, but I saw this banged up rick and Estilo at Trivandrum, on the Byepass-Kulathoor road. Apparently, the Estilo hit the rick while he was making a u-turn. No idea when this happened, but it wasn't too long before I took the pics, on the 21st. The rick's driver seat (the blue thing before the Estilo) was splashed with what might have been dried blood.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20012011214resize.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 11:52   #7337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Came across an accident causing act by an idiot who has unloaded construction material on the road and is lying there for 2 days.
You can complain to the local municipality. They have all the rights to pick up the material from the public area and then auction it. Without intimating the owner. If he comes shouting he will get fined and asked to clear.

We did a similiar excersise in Goa on a lane leading to our house. The moron had left pavers on the road for 5 whole days. We complained on the 6th morning and the road was cleared by afternoon by the municipality.
Old 24th January 2011, 12:55   #7338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You can complain to the local municipality. They have all the rights to pick up the material from the public area and then auction it. Without intimating the owner. If he comes shouting he will get fined and asked to clear.

We did a similiar excersise in Goa on a lane leading to our house. The moron had left pavers on the road for 5 whole days. We complained on the 6th morning and the road was cleared by afternoon by the municipality.
Just curious, what happens if the costs of clearing are more than the proceeds from the auction. Is the owner of the material fined for the difference? There should be a heavy fine imposed on such fools for endangering public life & property.
the overall road fines need to increased to act as deterrents. The fines should not be affordable in the first place, so that people dont go about acting as they please and get away by paying 100 bucks.

Last edited by selfdrive : 24th January 2011 at 13:05.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:23   #7339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
the overall road fines need to increased to act as deterrents. The fines should not be affordable in the first place, so that people dont go about acting as they please and get away by paying 100 bucks.
The problem is even then they will get away by paying 100 bucks, albeit as a bribe. Our traffic law enforcement will require huge upheaval but looks like no one will act not before UNHRC declares our roads as biggest HR violations!!
Old 24th January 2011, 15:15   #7340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Just curious, what happens if the costs of clearing are more than the proceeds from the auction. Is the owner of the material fined for the difference?
Mostly the owner will say its not his. Fines levied for dumping material on public property is varied.

Now what about garbage or material that I want to get rid off? Just dump it on the road? Someone will pick it?

You should have got an answer by now why we see such messy roads in India? Even unused vacant plots.

We stay in a society that for its major part is selfish and cares two hoots for rules.

The Traffic Police has no say in this. The local Municipality handles this. at the most the Traffic Police will make a Havaldar stand there and redirect traffic.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:52   #7341
BHPian

In Mumbai normally at Santacruz flyover people maintain a speed of 50+.

Was travelling to Andheri in a bike and was doing 60 kmph. Just saw a helmet on the road 15 ms ahead of me and luckily was able to avoid. With such a dense traffic, a black helmet in the night, I dread to think what would have happened even if a car hits and looses balance.

I cursed the moron who had dropped / fell off the bike.
Old 24th January 2011, 23:51   #7342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just saw a helmet on the road 15 ms ahead of me and luckily was able to avoid
When I first read, I assumed that the helmet had a head still attached to it. Made me feel quite shaky..

The most terrifying thing about bikers: what if they fall off just in front of us.
Old 29th January 2011, 21:22   #7343

Saw a scary scene of accident at Marine Drive today. An Accord going towards Nariman Point ended up head on, on the boundary of Hindu Gymkhana (facing the railway tracks) crashing many innocent cars parked on the service road next to the ground.

Saw a crushed Civic (looked like a hatch because of the impact) and an injured Santro too at the site.

Couldn't take any pics at the site, but the Accord's lying at Marine Drive Police Station, will try and take pics tomorrow.

No idea about the cause or loss of lives, if any.
Old 30th January 2011, 02:53   #7344
Senior - BHPian

assorted ones , some left out images
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-4.jpg  

Old 30th January 2011, 02:58   #7345
Senior - BHPian

the city crushed by a tanker
Attached Images

Old 30th January 2011, 11:17   #7346

This is the scene of the Marine Drive, Hindu Gymkhana accident.. Source, today's Times of India..
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-getimage.jpeg.jpg  

Old 30th January 2011, 20:20   #7347
BHPian

Looks like the white car jumped the divider and came on to the other lane. Really feel angry sometimes when due to some nutjobs on the road,other people got to suffer for no fault of theirs
Old 30th January 2011, 21:11   #7348
BHPian

Saw these crazy accident on SV Road Andheri, Mumbai yesterday. It seems that the white Linea rear ended the golden Linea's RHS and then swerved 180 degress. That explain the opposite direction the cars are placed after the accident. I also saw some skid marks and crazy amount of oil and coolant leakage.
The golden Linea actually went on top of the divider due to the impact thus breaking the wheel's fixture on the chassis.
Do observe the chipped off RHS rear of the golden Linea and the badly crumpled front of the white Linea.
The scene was real scary and should warn and caution rash drivers!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0099.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0103.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0104.jpg  

Old 30th January 2011, 21:28   #7349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan1609 View Post
Saw these crazy accident on SV Road Andheri, Mumbai yesterday. It seems that the white Linea rear ended the golden Linea's RHS
No surprises here, after all two beauties can never get along together
Old 30th January 2011, 21:35   #7350
BHPian

Oh my god that looks scary. Did anyone get injured ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks