Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:22   #7366
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Woah! That's one bad crash! Why exactly did this happen? (Lane changing/speeding/drunken driving???) Sad to see a mint Captiva totaled. Oh, and any causalities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
OMG! That is a terrible accident. Hope your uncle and aunt have recovered. Is the car a total loss?
Front what I can see, the car's totalled. @Avinaush. Was your uncle wearing his seatbelt? And how is he now?
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:28   #7367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Saw an accident on the BETL today at around 9:30AM.

Seemed like a Black Alto had hit a Logan (green meru cab) from behind.
The alto's bonnet was bent fully (inverted V shape) ant the bumbper and the radiator seemed to be damaged as well.

on the other hand the logan just had some scratches but no dents on the bumper.

Don't know whose mistake it was, but the alto driver was sitting inside while the logan driver was calling somebody.

I Couldn't take pictures. Anybody have pictures or more details of this accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Another Accident on the BETL today morning around the same time as yesterday(9:30)
Today must have been much more serious.
A two wheeler with damaged headlight and other front parts.
Don't know what he hit, i didn't spot an other vehicle.
The road was washed (must have been blood all over). Wish the driver has survived.
An Ambulance was standing and also some civil police had arrived at the spot.
I think BETL has claimed more lives than any other road in Bangalore.
Most of the casualties being two wheeler riders.
Its high time that the two wheelers are banned on this stretch-its safe for everybody.

Traffic had slowed down and i took 20 mins to cross this spot when the whole road takes 10 mins usually.

After all this when i crossed the spot, all the vehicles in the queue started picking up speed, the vehicle in front of me braked hard and i did the same.
Not surprisingly, a police was coming in the fast lane adjacent to the median in his splendor at 20kmph. He was heading to the accident spot i can assume. But couldn't he have done it on the right side or atleast in the slower lane.

All these years, i was blaming the authorities for bad infrastructure, but now that we have some good roads, I have realised that its the drivers who lack some discipline are the major cause for accidents.
Whats the BETL ? Is it the Electronic city toll road [fly over] ?
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:13   #7368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Whats the BETL ? Is it the Electronic city toll road [fly over] ?
Bangalore Elevated Tollway Limited. Yes, it's the E-City toll road/ flyover.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:24   #7369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Bangalore Elevated Tollway Limited. Yes, it's the E-City toll road/ flyover.
That's one stupid toll road - Its not even wide for two cars !! I travelled only once and never felt comfortable driving there beyond 60-80 kms and had a tough time overtaking one Sumo though he was in his lane. There is hardly any room for swerving incase the other driver does some non-sense. And regarding the time taken to cover the distance, when I travel in the night [10.30 PM] if I take the Hosur main road, its more or less the same - Doesn't really justify the cash spent for driving thru the toll road.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:43   #7370
BHPian

Quote:
That's one stupid toll road - Its not even wide for two cars !! I travelled only once and never felt comfortable driving there beyond 60-80 kms and had a tough time overtaking one Sumo though he was in his lane. There is hardly any room for swerving incase the other driver does some non-sense. And regarding the time taken to cover the distance, when I travel in the night [10.30 PM] if I take the Hosur main road, its more or less the same - Doesn't really justify the cash spent for driving thru the toll road.
I think it is okay for cars, what makes this toll way scary are the two wheelers (no offense to them), I feel that the speeds people go on this highway, 2 wheelers shouldn't be allowed. I think in the original plan the 2 wheelers were never allowed, but I dont know why they permitted them. The worst part is when an auto / scooty / moped is on this highway and to make the matters worse the come in the fast lane as well.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:42   #7371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that this isn't the road to take during night or early mornings. But for people like me who drive on this stretch 08:30 to 10:00 and 18:00to 20:30, its a boon.Nevertheless accidents have unfortunately become more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think it is okay for cars, what makes this toll way scary are the two wheelers (no offense to them), I feel that the speeds people go on this highway, 2 wheelers shouldn't be allowed. I think in the original plan the 2 wheelers were never allowed, but I dont know why they permitted them. The worst part is when an auto / scooty / moped is on this highway and to make the matters worse the come in the fast lane as well.
+1 to your view. Two wheelers especially "100cc or below" vehicles are my biggest fear while driving on this road.
A regular morning BETL looks somewhat like this.
"A scooty(40-50kmph) on the left lane and then a convoy of infosys/wipro busses(60-70kmph) on the fast lane and after that an auto on the left lane and some TN private busses(60kmph sounding like 100kmph) coloured is all possible shades of green and red and last but not the least, weaving yellow board Indicas(80-100kmph)"
Everyday i make my mind to adhere to my lane and everyday I end up changing my lanes 50 times atleast.
indian roads and drivers sure have to go a long way
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:59   #7372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
In europe, nothing below 200cc are allowed on motorways
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:40   #7373
BHPian

This is surely one of the more horrific grpahical detailing i have seen outside of the homicide cases i attended to.
Man am sure we must display these in chennai to the auto drivers and 2w guys too
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:21   #7374
Senior - BHPian

The Switft collision looks very bad a just sent shivers down my spine. Its very sad and scary to see accidents like this. Why cant people be more careful and drive slowly / cautiously to reach their destinations.

The swift interiors are in a bad shape, so much broken, and even the pedals have been dislodged. Can see the persons spectacles lodged on the right side of the dash
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:30   #7375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Can see the persons spectacles lodged on the right side of the dash
Well, after looking at the blood strewn interiors of both the cars, the newspapers soaked with dried blood, the swift drivers's glasses and footwear, I nearly puked, and found it difficult to sleep. Even more so, because, I believe it was the swift driver who died. One can only imagine the kind of trauma the victims went through.

I hope many visitors on teambhp see the images of the Swifts and Indigo on the previous page, as well as all the other horrifying images, and pledge to drive safe and always buckle up.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 2nd February 2011 at 15:34.
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:06   #7376
Senior - BHPian

Saw this toppled KL 7 reg Sumo today morning in the Vaikom Kottayam road. This road which was in treacherous condition was recently relaid (not fully completed) under the Transportation Project and this is probably the first accident of similar nature in this particular stretch. Indiscriminate over speeding is definitely the cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc-pic.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 3rd February 2011 at 00:08. Reason: correction
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:37   #7377
Senior - BHPian

Morning view, could not make out the story of how it happened and if corolla was part of it. Corolla has damaged front suspension due hitting the road construction material either during the same time or after it or before it forcing the lorry to do avoiding stunt
An indica parked in opposite direction looked to be in one piece, could not figure out what he is doing.
Removed boulders in front of the police jeep seems to be starting point since they were intact yesterday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7912.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7913.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7914.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7915.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7916.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7917.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7918.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_7919.jpg  

Last edited by gigy : 3rd February 2011 at 07:44.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:53   #7378
Senior - BHPian

The afterwards of above accident. People and Traffic police having tough time until the clearing happened eventually.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105010780.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105010880.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105010980.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105011080.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105011380.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105011580.2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p105012080.2.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 13:37   #7379
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing on-the-spot reporting and photos, Parsh
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:57   #7380
BHPian

this kumbakonam -Salem accident reminds me of a paper cutting wherein the cause was a 2W guy cutting on the wrongside on the highway and a car (Dzire if not wrong) bore the brunt of the impact (all this at around 02:00-03:00 hrs

no matter what measures are taken the driving public must heed to head rather than heart at driving esp high speeds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks