Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 15:18   #7381
BHPian

Re: PICS of OUR INDIGO Crashed Nr Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinaush View Post
he totally lost control and jumped out.. the Car was speeding @ ~ 120.. Luckily there was a Village nearby and the people came n called the Ambulance... Severe Injuries sustained by my Uncle who was on the front seat and Aunt ma aunt was behind..
Avinaush, I hope your uncle and aunt are recovering from the injuries.

Did the driver really jump off a car speeding @120 or did it understood wrongly?
Old 4th February 2011, 15:38   #7382
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

^^...The infamous flyover at Gandhinagar junction again.
The spot where there is a branch off to connect to the road going down to LBS Marg is a famous spot for accidents.

In this case, looks like the lorry lost control or was trying to avoid something and jumped the flyover.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:08   #7383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
^^...The infamous flyover at Gandhinagar junction again.
The spot where there is a branch off to connect to the road going down to LBS Marg is a famous spot for accidents.

In this case, looks like the lorry lost control or was trying to avoid something and jumped the flyover.
Yeah, the great Gandhi Nagar flyover. It does seem like the truck tried avoid and save something. In this case, however, the situation seems to have happened on the flyover and not at that critical spot where it leads to LBS. It is possible somebody was coming back on the flyover in wrong direction as people often do when they miss this spot to go to LBS and the truck probably tried avoiding it. There was spotting of an Indica in reverse direction ahead of the truck which could be the culprit in this case. More so, the speed at which the vehicles come down from the slope onto this flyover is quite dangerous and needs to be restricted.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:39   #7384
BHPian

These are rotting outside the Devanahalli PS.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010577.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010578.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010579.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010583.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010584.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010586.jpg  

Old 5th February 2011, 12:26   #7385
BHPian

Taaja Khabar: This happened at 10:30 am today on the Bangalore - Hyderabad road, and I passed by the scene half an hour later. The Dzire was travelling from Bangalore towards Anantapur/Hyderabad, and the Turbo was from Anantapur, The Indica was taking a turn into a village, at a junction, apparently all of a sudden, and the Dzire guy slammed his brakes, crashed into the Indica which hit the divider. No major casualties, and the injured were taken to a hospital in the nearby town, Penukonda.
The Indica is a total loss, and the body of the Dzire except the nose was intact. No blood in the cabins, but there was some human hair hanging from the broken windscreen of the Dzire.
Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113543.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113545.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113546.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113548.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113550.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113553.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-050220113556.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th February 2011, 12:49   #7386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Taaja Khabar: This happened at 10:30 am today on the Bangalore - Hyderabad road, and I passed by the scene half an hour later. The Dzire was travelling from Bangalore towards Anantapur/Hyderabad, and the Turbo was from Anantapur, The Indica was taking a turn into a village, at a junction, apparently all of a sudden, and the Dzire guy slammed his brakes, crashed into the Indica which hit the divider. No major casualties, and the injured were taken to a hospital in the nearby town, Penukonda.
The Indica is a total loss, and the body of the Dzire except the nose was intact. No blood in the cabins, but there was some human hair hanging from the broken windscreen of the Dzire.
Here are the pics:
that is horrendous! did the DZire t-bone the Indica? there is dent on the right side of the DZire too. maybe the DZire hit the Indica and then when the Indica turned, it hit the DZire?

also, looks like the people in front in the DZire weren't wearing seat belts.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:51   #7387
SAS
BHPian

Looking at so many accident pics, I'm shocked why people sitting in the front seats, especially the front passenger are not wearing seatbelts. Seatbelts save lives, clear and simple. Airbags and other goodies are just supplemental, what matters most is that people wear their damn seatbelts! I've had a friend who survived an accident just because he was wearing his seatbelt, while his father, who wasn't had to be admitted to hospital. The only injury my friend had was some minor pain from the seatbelt rubbing his chest in the accident.

Hence guys, please please wear seatbelts. Save your lives. You cannot predict when an accident shall happen. Wear your seatbelts whether the cops are around or not, whether you're in the city or not, whether you have had a full meal and the seatbelt is tight and causing minor discomfort or not, because your life is at stake!!
Old 5th February 2011, 13:16   #7388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that is horrendous! did the DZire t-bone the Indica? there is dent on the right side of the DZire too. maybe the DZire hit the Indica and then when the Indica turned, it hit the DZire?

also, looks like the people in front in the DZire weren't wearing seat belts.
Hey! Long time! Yes, the Dzire T-boned the Indica. I believe none of the passengers of either car were buckled jup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
Looking at so many accident pics, I'm shocked why people sitting in the front seats, especially the front passenger are not wearing seatbelts.
!
You bet!! Most minor accidents, in which only the front end gets damaged, with little or no cabin intrusions turn out to be fatal, just for the simple reason - the passengers don't wear their seatbelt. I know of an incident in which people have suffered grevious injuries, when the vehicle was not even involved in a crash, and the driver had just braked hard! People here seem to give little or no value to their lives.
Old 5th February 2011, 13:25   #7389
Senior - BHPian

The Indica seems to have taken the hit well. The interiors are also almost intact.
Old 5th February 2011, 16:09   #7390
BHPian

I believe the NHAI should be blamed here. Looking at the last picture There is no way the Indica could have seen the Dzire and there was little the Dzire could have done. Better brakes and ABS (assuming Dzire did not have it) could have reduced the impact
Old 5th February 2011, 16:18   #7391
BHPian

Where does the law stand regarding the wearing of seat belts ? Isn't in compulsory ! Does one get fined if they are not belted up or the cops do not care.
Old 5th February 2011, 17:10   #7392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I believe the NHAI should be blamed here. Looking at the last picture There is no way the Indica could have seen the Dzire and there was little the Dzire could have done. Better brakes and ABS (assuming Dzire did not have it) could have reduced the impact
+1
The right turn at that curve is recipe for disaster. The accident was waiting to happen. NHAI needs to close that right turn and move it further ahead as a U-turn. But the divider seems not to be wide enough though.

Surprising that there are no blinkers also in that junction to slow down vehicles.
Old 5th February 2011, 19:21   #7393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sem80-88 View Post
Where does the law stand regarding the wearing of seat belts ? Isn't in compulsory ! Does one get fined if they are not belted up or the cops do not care.
The dont give a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
+1
The right turn at that curve is recipe for disaster. The accident was waiting to happen. NHAI needs to close that right turn and move it further ahead as a U-turn. But the divider seems not to be wide enough though.

Surprising that there are no blinkers also in that junction to slow down vehicles.
Well, the thing is, on this road, there is NOT A SINGLE blinker, nor is there a single "Junction ahead", "Slow down" or "Speed breaker ahead" sign. Out of nowhere a speed limit sign saying "50" appears now and then at junctions, but still, one should've had experience on this road, to actually be able to slow down.
Old 5th February 2011, 19:32   #7394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
Looking at so many accident pics, I'm shocked why people sitting in the front seats, especially the front passenger are not wearing seatbelts.
All seats, please. All seats at all speeds on all roads.

Hope you don't mind me adding stress to your post.

Anyone who thinks that city speeds don't need seat belts, by the way, is advised to walk into a wall --- and check out the bump on their head.
Old 5th February 2011, 20:05   #7395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
All seats, please. All seats at all speeds on all roads.

Hope you don't mind me adding stress to your post.

Anyone who thinks that city speeds don't need seat belts, by the way, is advised to walk into a wall --- and check out the bump on their head.
Amen to that! i get a earful when i tell people to buckle up. if people are very adamant (only in city driving - highway driving, i enforce it) i usually don't pursue further; its their funeral; but then in that case i drive extra careful. after all, they're my responsibility

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks