Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 01:13   #8296
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

My personal accident a year ago where the car roll over and thank god from 3 of us no injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-248276_10150629310840608_510905607_18938532_4526633_n.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 09:20   #8297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ The Wagon-R has absorbed the impact really well .

I think that is an Estilo and not a Wagon R.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:51   #8298
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this while coming back from Alleppey yesterday. The accident happened just a few seconds before I reached the spot. Smoke could be seen coming from the engine bay. The guy in the green shirt is the unlucky driver. I was able to capture his reaction in the pic too.

Also spotted another live accident on NH47. One particular section was water logged. A truck lost control, spun around and hit a Chevy beat. This section is really dangerous with no street lights and filled with water.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00611201105311648.jpg  

Last edited by naveen.raju : 1st June 2011 at 09:54.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:51   #8299
Senior - BHPian

csentil, sorry to hear about your accident. For no fault of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil
I wish we had thrashed the driver!!
You should have. Atleast the next time he thinks of attempting something like this, he would remember the pain. It is not a joke to cause a damage of few lakhs, more so when going and hitting stationary cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil
Unfortunately with the Innova in the front I got jammed between the two. Would have saved me a lot more if it wasn't there!
Well, if the Innova was not in front, you could have scooted and avoided the accident, since you saw it coming.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:55   #8300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
the white one is the Estillo. the maroon one is the WagonR Blue Eyed Boy and a new one too. still has the ribbon on it.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:21   #8301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? Have a look at it again
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011814.jpg
Old 1st June 2011, 12:01   #8302
BHPian

Met with an accident today morning while driving to the office on the UP Link Road.

A stupid biker, all of a sudden, braked and parked at the right side of the road. I had to apply brakes to prevent hitting the biker.

Was successful.

But my beloved car.

Another car, a wagon-R hit it from behind.

In the process, the bumper, taking all the impact, came out of the locks, and the metal holding the bumper got dented.

What is surprising is-the biker not admitting his mistake of stopping at the right side of the road, and that too, without any hazard lights on.

By God's grace, he was saved.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:06   #8303
BHPian

No crowd control to ease traffic flow

What puzzles me is the crowd that gathers for utterly no use. And amazes me the shortest time it only takes these guys surrounding the area. Also, our fellow motorists slow down or pauses few seconds or minutes to observe. This further causing delay in the movement of emergency vehicles. Don't know why Police don't take actions on removing the crowds simultaneously. Perhaps the Fire tenders would have arrived sooner to douse the Nagpur carrier.

And the amusing part is, , I have seen many motorists retaining these ribbons and polythene seat covers beyond the 1st day. Not sure whom they want to impress. Just recently saw a WB registered vehicle in Chennai with polythene covered seats. That's unbelievable. Couldn't these guys just enjoy the comfort of their vehicle?
Old 1st June 2011, 14:15   #8304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope this solves the confusion,the silver car next to the WagonR is Zen Estilo.

Mods-Sorry for posting this image again.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-31052011814.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 14:15   #8305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Are you sure? Have a look at it again
Attachment 553422

Since you had used a "^^' sign so i thought you were referring to the pic immediately above your post and that was a pic of an Estilo. Classic confusion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1052011816.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I hope this solves the confusion,the silver car next to the WagonR is Zen Estilo.

Mods-Sorry for posting this image again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
the white one is the Estillo. the maroon one is the WagonR Blue Eyed Boy and a new one too. still has the ribbon on it.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 1st June 2011 at 14:17.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:17   #8306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
True, the Innova driver was doing an insane speed. But, to give the benefit of the doubt, most truckers have this nasty habit of changing lanes at will without signalling or warning. Usually happens when they're on an incline and they want to overtake another truck. I understand these truckers need to keep the momentum to get past the incline but they don't have to jeopardise everybody else on the road by their sudden lane changes. I've had many an occasion as this, where I had to emergency brake, roll down the window and mouth expletives at that nincompoop at the wheel. I reckon they've done a good job of arresting the truck driver. That should teach a lesson or two.
What you said is true but -

If the truck was doing say 60-80kmph and the innova 150-160kmph, the distance would have closed in a few seconds at those speeds. I can't put much blame on the truck driver here.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:48   #8307
Senior - BHPian

An accident occurred on Airport-Seaport Road (Cochin), probably about 45mins back. Atleast 2 trucks were involved - one big gas tanker, the other looked like an Iveco truck. Both were facing the same direction, but on opposite sides of the road - so I am not sure what exactly happened. Traffic was being diverted in my direction, so I didn't get close enough to the site to check if any other vehicle was involved.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:22   #8308
Distinguished - BHPian

One more accident on NH58... I got a ringside view this time.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0126k150.jpg

Old 2nd June 2011, 14:57   #8309
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Thank god the tractor was carrying only sand, and it was dumped on a sumo. Imagine the plight, if on an 800. btw, I'm wondering, how sand got to the top of the Sumo?
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:26   #8310
Distinguished - BHPian

On a day to day basis, we normally quote current accidents here on this thread.
Today I attended the seventh death anniversary prayers of my close friend Dr Shrikant Ramchandra Jichkar, India's most qualified person (Limca Book of Records), who was killed in a tragic mishap this day seven years ago.
For a change I would like to take the scenario back to 02/06/2004- a seven year old incident. The incident makes me very sad, as it is one of the saddest day's in my life.
Shrikant had gone to attend an associate's marriage near Katol, about 80 kms from Nagpur. While returning at noon he halted at his Gurukulam (managed under the aegis of Swami Dayanand Saraswati) near Bazargaon. He was very god-fearing and observed many rituals.The very day he observed fast and feeling hungry, Shrikant asked the driver to revv-up the car to reach home faster.On NH 6 (Mumbai-Kolkata highway via Nagpur) the car was about 40kms away (west) from Nagpur when the speedo had touched about 110-120kmph. A slow moving, truck was ahead and so the driver overtook it rashly (there was an uphill section where the visibility on the other side was nearly zero). To their horror, the Nagpur-Pune ST bus was speeding from the other direction. To duck the bus the driver tried to move his car to the extreme right (off the road), but there was hardly any time. The bus came and hit the Mitsubishi Lancer on its left side. Dr Jichkar, seated on the left side at the rear seat and his close friend Prof Shriram Dhawad seated on the right were killed. The car driver was seriously injured as he was on the other side (right) which was not so badly damaged. Critically injured, the driver soon recovered and was again employed with the Jichkar family. So forgiving they are! But he left the job on his own as he would get traumatizing memories of the gory accident being with them!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07337.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07335.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07338.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07341.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc07339.jpg
The news reports say it all!
Sadly, my friend had lost the election of 2004 (Lok Sabha) on a Congress ticket from the Ramtek constituency. Had he won it ,he would have been in Delhi attending the first day of the Monsoon Session that began on 02/06/2004.
Its fate always that decides what it shall be NEXT!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 2nd June 2011 at 20:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks