Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 20:34   #8776
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalokg View Post
This i20 fell in a huge storm-water drain... The driver was learning and could not control the car.
I don't understand why newbies buy an expensive car first of all !

And is the dog trying to contribute his efforts to push it completely down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
The Sumo Grande is a total loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Seemed like going for a total loss looking at the blaze.
Can we buy totalled cars at throw away prices for taking some equipments like alloy wheels and the likes?
Old 13th July 2011, 21:07   #8777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

And is the dog trying to contribute his efforts to push it completely down?
There are many instances inside the campus where new drivers learn on brand new cars.

The doggy is known by the name of 'Chela' and 'Pillu'. Two names because he has two separate territories, one in the residential area and one in the Mechanical Engg. department.

And the dogs are always most interested whenever something has gone wrong.

Aalok
Old 14th July 2011, 00:51   #8778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Newbie's money, newbie's desire. How should it matter to anyone else.

Quote:
Can we buy totalled cars at throw away prices for taking some equipments like alloy wheels and the likes?
That is already a flourishing industry omnipresent in every two bit place that has a road passing through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalokg View Post
The doggy is known by the name of 'Chela' and 'Pillu'. Two names because he has two separate territories, one in the residential area and one in the Mechanical Engg. department.
Aalok
Trust the Mech. guys call him Chela.
Old 14th July 2011, 10:12   #8779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

That is already a flourishing industry omnipresent in every two bit place that has a road passing through it.

For that paricular newbie, it coulda been the cheapest car he would want to be seen in....

Seriuosly though, where in delhi do you find such parts?
nothing structural. i was looking for some things like headlamp bulb clips, airbox hose etc etc.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:21   #8780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Absolutely. It doesn't matter to anyone as long as they don't run into other vehicles / people on the road ! In this case, it was good the newbie chose to get into a ditch than someone else's head or vehicles.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:58   #8781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Might be possible, but it is better to stay away. You never know what kind of micro damage is done to the part. It may not be obvious at the outset, but damage will be there. For example, if you take the alloys & the alloy wheels have miniscule cracks, then one fine day while driving; when the metal wears out due to fatigue, you have a big disaster in the making

Also I would not dare touch something or parts of something that has been through something horrific... I am not superstitious but that thing has already been through something bad, you wouldn't want to buy something that already has 'bad vibes'.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 19:27   #8782
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Also I would not dare touch something or parts of something that has been through something horrific... I am not superstitious but that thing has already been through something bad, you wouldn't want to buy something that already has 'bad vibes'.

+1. I am very picky with the cheap low cost spoons in the office cafeteria as I keep imagining them to be recycled from mishap ridden vehicles. I tend to fish for the sturdy expensive looking rare piece in the pile.

Again I wouldn't call myself superstitious or remotely religious but still .. I understand the vibes part.

--Ragul
Old 14th July 2011, 19:51   #8783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the UK they get cut up and welded together to make whole vehicles. I think the scam is called "ringing." Of course it is illegal, and the resultant vehicle is inherently unsafe. This is an decades-old trick of the motor trade. If they have thought of it there, surely some people in India would be doing it?

Body and mechanical parts, panels, etc, are legitimately available from scrap yards. Panels is ok; reconstructing a shell is not.

Old 14th July 2011, 20:10   #8784
Senior - BHPian

it happens in india also and its very common with car dealer best way is have the car jacked and view form belly
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:04   #8785
Senior - BHPian

heard from a colleague that there was a serious accident this morning on the BETL involving a Safari and a Swift/Alto. anyone has more information on this? it must have happened after i passed the spot because i didn't see anything when i cross the BETL at 10:15am.
Old 15th July 2011, 13:47   #8786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In the UK they get cut up and welded together to make whole vehicles. I think the scam is called "ringing." Of course it is illegal, and the resultant vehicle is inherently unsafe. This is an decades-old trick of the motor trade. If they have thought of it there, surely some people in India would be doing it?

Body and mechanical parts, panels, etc, are legitimately available from scrap yards. Panels is ok; reconstructing a shell is not.

This one's but the info you mentioned is all in this weblink, can only hope the 'ringing' doesn't happen in India.

Illegal cars - Safety and security - Auto Trader UK - Auto Trader UK - safety-and-security
Old 16th July 2011, 10:33   #8787
Distinguished - BHPian

A local one which happened two days ago.

A truck loaded with cement travelling at breakneck speed while crossing a bridge hit two women (possibly tribal), travelling on foot, from behind. An Indica coming from the opposite direction at the exact same moment saw this, swerved and lost control, smashing into the side of the bridge they were crossing.

Both women hit by truck from behind were thrown/flew in the air to the side of the road and were dead on the spot. 3 family members inside Indica dead. Truck kept going and fell into a small ghat some distance away. (possibly dumped?)

Note that the car is an Indica, and not a Swift as mentioned in the newspaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-16072011112.jpg  

Old 16th July 2011, 10:59   #8788
BANNED

^^ Its an A-Star not Indica.
Old 17th July 2011, 19:40   #8789
Senior - BHPian

My son took this photo , according to him he had gone to widraw money from ATM at Andheri , and while entering he saw this Wagon R which looked a new one.
While he was inside ATM he heared a bid thud out side and when he came out he saw this of the same W. R. Culprit was the garbage truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-09072011447.jpg  

Old 19th July 2011, 14:23   #8790
Senior - BHPian

It was a gory sight this morning at little mount
, chennai. I could see a rear ended swift, an mtc bus and a guy under the wheels of it. Clearly seemed to be the bus driver's fault. May his soul RIP.

Most Viewed