Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 20:22   #8821
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This = A bunch of kids racing near Chettipalayam, Coimbatore. No casualties.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-264338_249552871739728_100000550511533_1000329_4529424_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-262508_249552945073054_100000550511533_1000330_4510085_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-283279_249553105073038_100000550511533_1000332_8314932_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-248430_249553018406380_100000550511533_1000331_2843125_n.jpg  

Old 24th July 2011, 21:21   #8822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
An overturned Toyota Prado clicked by my friend.
Two accidents here. The first was when it ended up upside down on the platform, and the second, which you have nicely captured on film, is when the guys flipped it back up again. I wonder how much more damage that did?
Old 24th July 2011, 22:31   #8823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
To me, the front of Nano was looking in a worser shape than the rick !
If the Nano hit against another car, the damage for the nano might have been lesser since the bumpers of both the vehicle will hit against each other. Here, the bumper of the nano is almost intact. It must have hit against the front wheel of the auto. The front wheel of auto must have thrown out easily. The remaining upper portion of the front of the auto hit against the bonnet of the nano. This must have caused this much damage to the nano.
Old 24th July 2011, 23:19   #8824
BHPian

This swift rear ended a broken down truck, the one in the second picture. Only driver was inside the car and he was absolutely intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0004.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0005.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0006.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 09:33   #8825
Team-BHP Support

From todays paper, the Prado driver "fell asleep" while driving at a high speed causing car to roll thrice!
Old 25th July 2011, 09:36   #8826
Distinguished - BHPian

After every weekend, This thread is getting scarier.
I had gone in a tow truck once to retreive my friend's accident vehicle and remember chatting with the tow truck driver.
He was telling me that during weekends he works over time, because he has more cars to retreive.
The reasons for this are quite obvious though.

Anywways, Its the 1st anniversary of my M800 crash. (Again that was a weekend)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1996690
I still remember every second of that accident and the events before and after that.

Things that have changed me after that:
The trauma(imprinted for life),
The difficulties(for others as well as myself),
The tear drops(there's never a shortage with females around),
The blood drops(even though it was less),
The expenses(miniscule considering I'm alive to post this now)

I have learnt to be more careful, Most importantly I now use seatbelts everytime I sit behind the wheel.

Friends, wish me a very happy anniversary

I know I can afford to smile now but I just want to pass a message here.
WEAR SEATBELTS, WEAR HELMETS, DRIVE SAFE. BE AGGRESSIVE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT ON THE ROADS
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 09:36   #8827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
From todays paper, the Prado driver "fell asleep" while driving at a high speed causing car to roll thrice!
TOI says that these were college students who took the turn at 100+ speeds around 7am and ended up like this .No mention about falling asleep
Old 25th July 2011, 09:39   #8828
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the news, three people were killed and two seriously injured when their car crashed into a truck near Chengalpet (ECR Road). They were from Kerala and one was famous Malayalam director's daughter.

Any reports on this?
Old 25th July 2011, 10:34   #8829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
TOI says that these were college students who took the turn at 100+ speeds around 7am and ended up like this .No mention about falling asleep
I think i read this in Bangalore mirror
Old 25th July 2011, 10:56   #8830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I know I can afford to smile now but I just want to pass a message here.
WEAR SEATBELTS, WEAR HELMETS, DRIVE SAFE. BE AGGRESSIVE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT ON THE ROADS
There is no need to be aggressive anywhere; IF you believe in yourself and your ability.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:55   #8831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
An overturned Toyota Prado clicked by my friend. Damage seems to extensive. Parts of the roof caved in. Details are not clear. Still how it could overturn.
From the pic 1 seen-- there seems to be a tyre burst . Cause is unclear may be due to which the vehicle flipped or could also be post getting on the footpath.any ways the Prado has become a Dodo.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
This = A bunch of kids racing near Chettipalayam, Coimbatore. No casualties.
Well the Civic was civil enough to take the brunt and the cabin has been spared which is not surprising given the civic engineering quality of crumple zones. One question though--is that bonnet of the Civic or some other vehicle.

Last edited by GTO : 29th July 2011 at 17:03. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 25th July 2011, 18:47   #8832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Well the Civic was civil enough to take the brunt and the cabin has been spared which is not surprising given the civic engineering quality of crumple zones. One question though--is that bonnet of the Civic or some other vehicle.
It is the stock bonnet, he's repainted it.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:41   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
From the pic 1 seen-- there seems to be a tyre burst . Cause is unclear may be due to which the vehicle flipped or could also be post getting on the footpath.any ways the Prado has become a Dodo.
It was in TOI, two kids where zipping around early morning on Raj Bhavan road. They where apparently doing 100 kays when they took a turn. Kid couldnt control the car, went into the wrong side of the road, it the foot path and flipped over. The impact must have been neck breaking, the SUV seems to have flipped from the front. Not like the movies, side flip!

Anyway, no sure tho, but the kids where ok. I am sure the kid is ground for a month and Daddy will get a brand new SUV, may be a X6 this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
It is the stock bonnet, he's repainted it.
True. At first it looks like that car from the movie ' Tarzan, the wonder car'.

Last edited by mac187 : 26th July 2011 at 15:49.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:04   #8834
BHPian

The horrific accident that claimed the life of three on ECR this Sunday. Article picked up from The Times of India website.

3 killed in car-lorry smash on ECR - The Times of India

Quote:
MAMALLAPURAM: Three software professionals, including the daughter of Malayalam film director Joshi, were killed and two others injured after their car collided with a lorry at Sularikadu near Nemeli, some 50 km south of Chennai, on the East Coast Road (ECR) on Sunday night.

The deceased were identified as J Aishwarya (23), daughter of Joshi, A R Arjun (24), R Radika (24). While Aishwarya, who was at the wheel, and Arjun died on the spot, Radika died on the way to the Chengalpet Medical College Hospital, some 30km away. The condition of the injured - A Ashwin (27) and G Yesudoss (24) - is said to be critical. The lorry driver, K Panjam (34), was
arrested.

The police said the car may have been travelling at more than 100kmph. "It was thrown over 400 metres away into nearby bushes. The front portion was completely crushed. This could have happened only if the vehicle was travelling at high speed," said a police officer.

At the time of the accident, around 11.45pm, there was a steady drizzle and "the stretch had been rendered slippery," said police sources. This also could have been a reason for the accident, they said.

The deceased's bodies were handed over to their relatives on Monday after the postmortem at the Chengalpet Medical College Hospital. A team led by Mamallapuram DSP S Muthuramalingam and inspector S Thirunavukarasu visited the accident spot. A case under IPC Section 304 (rash driving) was registered. "It is being ascertained if they were drunk," said police sources.

The police said all the occupants of the car were employees of a software firm in Mahindra City at Maraimalar Nagar on GST Road. Aishwarya and Radika stayed together in Maraimalar Nagar, while Arjun also stayed there. Ashwin and Yesudoss lived in Urapakkam near Guduvanchery. Arjun was a native of Thrissur, while the rest were from Kochi.

On Sunday, Aishwarya borrowed a car from a friend and the five left for Mamallapuram. On their way back, they stopped at a coffee shop near a police checkpost on the Bypass Road in Mamallapuram around 10.30pm.

The 140km Sholinganallur-Puducherry stretch of the ECR is still a two-lane road and is prone to accidents. The lack of a median along the stretch and poor police patrolling are also causes for concern, say motorists.

The number of accidents go up during weekends, when hundreds of people from Chennai head to the resorts dotting the ECR up to Puducherry in their vehicles.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:17   #8835
Senior - BHPian

Thats ridicoulous! Travelling at 100 + kmph in 80kmph zone is asking for trouble. Moreover, the report from motorists regarding poor policing and lack of checks seems absurd to me. Why does everyone wants to be always controlled? Why cant they do something out of their own senses? Is it always necessary that there should be someone to enforce something and only then it will be followed is simply playing a blame game! I pity the truck driver who will be reprimanded and may lose his earning because of the mistake of youngsters. As a unwritten rule, the bigger vehicle is always to be blamed! Moreover the ECR is among the well built roads in the country with good signage and clear markings(atleast untill Dec 2010).

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 26th July 2011 at 16:18.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed