Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 00:05   #8911
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post deleted. If you want to share any pics relating to the discussion on this thread, please post them directly here.

You can also mention the original source in your post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th August 2011 at 10:11.
Old 5th August 2011, 01:21   #8912
BHPian

Saw this MSRTC volvo been towed away near the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0129e001.jpg  

Old 5th August 2011, 10:17   #8913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Noted down the number of the 1st car the Qualis because of whom the accident occured.
I am sorry for your loss - but from the above it sounds like you are blaming the Qualis driver for the accident. Blame lies squarely on the bus driver who swerved to the left and the people behind the qualis who weren't maintaining proper distance.

Apologies if my assumption is wrong.
Old 5th August 2011, 13:22   #8914
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I am sorry for your loss - but from the above it sounds like you are blaming the Qualis driver for the accident. Blame lies squarely on the bus driver who swerved to the left and the people behind the qualis who weren't maintaining proper distance.

Well , yes , the bus swerving is the version told to me by my driver. I do not know exactly whose fault it was as i only realized that i was going to have an accident 1 sec before it happened. These occurrences are quite regular in Mumbai. Yes, maintaining safer distance may or may not have avoided an accident! I have seen people injured & once a Swift went onto opposite side at the exact same spot!

Last edited by PPS : 5th August 2011 at 13:24.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:33   #8915
Team-BHP Support

If someone is passing by the Audi Bangalore showroom, just heard that the one side of top level of a truck carrying new A6's collapsed and dropped an A6
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 14:48   #8916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If someone is passing by the Audi Bangalore showroom, just heard that the one side of top level of a truck carrying new A6's collapsed and dropped an A6
Wouldn't these new cars be transit insured? They can claim expenses for the damage if it can be repaired or declare total loss IMO.

But of course, seeing a brand new audi crushed is an eyesore. Hopefully no one was hurt.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:52   #8917
Distinguished - BHPian

I witnessed a similar incident. Stopped the car outside Skoda showroom to answer my phone. Was talking and saw a truck stopping right in front of my car to unload new cars for the showroom. A big surprise was in store for all who was watching it. The top level of the truck bay had collapsed crushing all cars below it. Atleast two cars were crushed while the cars on the top bay suffered minor scratches. All were Skoda Lauras.

Shocking sight.
Old 5th August 2011, 17:44   #8918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Technically i believe yes! But we all went our separate ways after the accident. One should always maintain a safe distance though from the car ahead. Noted down the number of the 1st car the Qualis because of whom the accident occured.
No idea about damages! Feeling a bit shaken as it was my 1st time experience in an accident.
Bro asr245 is right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post

i too am sorry for your loss, but technically you [your car] rear ended the qualis.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:41   #8919
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
mi too am sorry for your loss, but technically you [your car] rear ended the qualis.
My car rear ended the Alto, the Alto rear ended the Qualis & i was rear ended by another car & so on..
Old 5th August 2011, 22:16   #8920
BHPian

Funny one

Videos Posted by Mangalore: Don't forget to Watch the ending of this Video | Facebook
Old 6th August 2011, 13:59   #8921
BHPian

These college going guys don't seem to have any common sense. Parents who buy these bikes for their kids should also inculcate some road manners in them.
Imagine if it were a truck or bus instead.
Liverpool_Red is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 16:16   #8922
Distinguished - BHPian

Had open this link to post the exact same video. You beat me in it.
Old 7th August 2011, 21:48   #8923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Something definitely needs to be done in ECR. Seriously, this scenic beach road is turning out to be a death trap for the youngsters of Chennai. You have to go there on a weekend to see how idiotic and stupid our drivers really are. All the flashy cars and bikes of Chennai, which remain in garage till Fridays will fly past on both sides accompanied by the regular cars, MTC buses and trucks. All this happens in a two-lane road full of curves and blind corners. Most of the time, most of the vehicles will be occupying half of the opposite lane leaving absolutely no space for the oncoming traffic
Two bikes were racing with each other crossing a crowded junction at dusk with speedo definitely not less than 60-80 kmph. An old man who attempted to cross the road, walked few steps back seeing a mad biker zig zag movements...as he took few steps backward the other racing bike brushed past his sleeve zooming behind leaving him stunned for a moment. Few kms down, seen these guys parked the vehicle on one corner for a smoke.

Was told that driver of FIGO was on complete right lane in an overtake attempt & was not able to get back to his lane as the car went straight into an state transport bus
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1070420.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1070421.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1070422.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p1070424.jpg  

Old 7th August 2011, 21:54   #8924
BHPian

Too good. I couldn't stop laughing. It happens only in Ente Keralam
Old 7th August 2011, 22:28   #8925
Distinguished - BHPian

^nothing remains of the figo!

Today being friendship day, there's an increase in the number of mentally challenged, nut-case, suicidal bikers trying out stunts on the road. I was so irritated watching them from adayar till thiruvanmiyur, meaning these morons were headed to ECR.

Most Viewed